Syracuse Hoops 2017-2018

inkman

On 12/20/2017 at 6:02 PM, bbb said:

I think in recent years, it would be 8.  P5, Big East, American, and then A-10....................I'm not sure who goes ahead of them, but this year is definitely not good.

I just hope it's good for a 2nd bid, in case Bonas needs it.  We usually get three, and as much as 5.  But, definitely not this year. 

Nice win, Dude. You beat us like a rented mule. The better team won like a boss 

• Like (+1) 2

I have very little to say about that game other than congrats to the Bonna fans.  They deserved the win.  Yes, the officiating was terrible both ways, but Bonna was the better team overall.

So frustrating watching Frank Howard run this offense.  I long for the days of Jalen Carey.  Also, Tyus Battle needs to take over games.  His shooting was awful tonight.  Brissett needs to get more opportunities, and Dolezaj is a straight maniac on the offensive glass.  Fun to watch.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Poojer said:

. The better team won like a boss 

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I have very little to say about that game other than congrats to the Bonna fans.  They deserved the win.   but Bonna was the better team overall.

I agree.

The Bonnies win it......:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I think they have a puncher’s chance of sliding into the tourney.  We’ll see what they’re made of shortly when ACC play begins.  They’re exceeding my preseason expectations, anyway.

Thats what is nice about playing in the ACC. If they can knock off duke or NC, their resume starts looking really good. 

6 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Giant douche seems to be an understatement. What was with that guy? 

Congrats to the Bonnies though. 

What did he do?  I was at the game, then in Armory Square for the duration...............The ride back to Buffalo was treacherous - with cars in ditches all over.  So, I'm finally back online.

34 minutes ago, bbb said:

What did he do?  I was at the game, then in Armory Square for the duration...............The ride back to Buffalo was treacherous - with cars in ditches all over.  So, I'm finally back online.

Classic opposing fan not liking the other coach’s mannerisms, honestly. 

Again, congrats! Really nice win for you guys! 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Classic opposing fan not liking the other coach’s mannerisms, honestly. 

Again, congrats! Really nice win for you guys! 

:lol:   You should try being the opposing fan of Boeheim!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

What are you all doing about the Syracuse game during the bills game? I’m thinking of watching a decent chunk during halftime of the bills game. 

I’m recording and watching later tonight after we get home from our NYE party.

Losing Sidibe would blow.  I can’t imagine Dolezaj playing the 5 during conference play. He will get demolished.

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I’m recording and watching later tonight after we get home from our NYE party.

Losing Sidibe would blow.  I can’t imagine Dolezaj playing the 5 during conference play. He will get demolished.

Why does jimmy B always get the centers with bum knees!

think Moyer could hang at the 5 better than Dolezaj in ACC play?

3 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Cherry on top of a great day is Syracuse just crushing VT. Great defensive play and some nice stretches of offense, especially by brissett.

Moyer played with a lot of energy; still raw but he may end up being a really solid player for us over time. 

Oh he will definitely blossom eventually. He's only a redshirt freshman 

he was a top 75 recruit and will definitely be a bigger offensive force by his junior senior season

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Oh he will definitely blossom eventually. He's only a redshirt freshman 

he was a top 75 recruit and will definitely be a bigger offensive force by his junior senior season

Would be great if he developed a little offensive game— like a mid range jumper or a few post moves. But hopefully that comes with time.

the one guy tonight who was a disappointment was Chuku. 0 points; 1 shot. If he’s going to be setting all those picks, he’s going to need to learn to catch and dunk the ball on those rolls. 

Just now, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Would be great if he developed a little offensive game— like a mid range jumper or a few post moves. But hopefully that comes with time.

the one guy tonight who was a disappointment was Chuku. 0 points; 1 shot. If he’s going to be setting all those picks, he’s going to need to learn to catch and dunk the ball on those rolls. 

Yea chukwu is the worst dunker I've ever seen from a 7'2 tall player lol

but he did have a few eye surgeries and is still getting his feet wet in D1 ball. He didn't play much before transferring to SU

hopefully the NCAA accepts his medical redshirt so then he's only a RS sophomore 

as for moyer I can see him hopefully getting a mid range jumper by his JR year hopefully. He is a great slasher / jumper so I don't see backing down that much tho. Face up and catching passes in the paint is where he will make his $$$

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yea chukwu is the worst dunker I've ever seen from a 7'2 tall player lol

but he did have a few eye surgeries and is still getting his feet wet in D1 ball. He didn't play much before transferring to SU

hopefully the NCAA accepts his medical redshirt so then he's only a RS sophomore 

as for moyer I can see him hopefully getting a mid range jumper by his JR year hopefully. He is a great slasher / jumper so I don't see backing down that much tho. Face up and catching passes in the paint is where he will make his $$$

I’d love for Moyer to work on a CJ Fair’esque “lob shot” in the lane.  He seems to have good court sense, and I like his intensity.  Good kid too from what I understand.  Works hard.  Good win tonight.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

2 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I’d love for Moyer to work on a CJ Fair’esque “Lob shot” in the lain.  He seems to have good court sense, and I like his intensity.  Good kid too from what I understand.  Works hard.  Good win tonight.

Good win. Tough game against wake forest  next

i loved cj fair and he had a tremendous mid range game. Bring him in to work with Moyer!

Edited by Buffalo716

On 12/26/2017 at 2:14 AM, bbb said:

BTW, why did Boeheim call off the press in the overtime?  It was destroying us.  I was so relieved to see it not happening, and thought maybe now we have a chance. 

Anyone have an answer to this about the Bonnies game?

36 minutes ago, bbb said:

Anyone have an answer to this about the Bonnies game?

The press trap is like Boeheims secret fetish

its reserved for late deficits and pretty much nothing more

once he erases the deficit he usually likes to return to the standard 2-3 zone

which he did

Edited by Buffalo716

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

The press trap is like Boeheims secret fetish

its reserved for late deficits and pretty much nothing more

once he erases the deficit he usually likes to return to the standard 2-3 zone

which he did

I guess that's why I'm not a Hall of Fame coach.  Because, my thinking would be "This other team has shown no ability to break this press and has not scored a point in about 100 minutes.  I think I'll stick with it." 

1 minute ago, bbb said:

I guess that's why I'm not a Hall of Fame coach.  Because, my thinking would be "This other team has shown no ability to break this press and has not scored a point in about 100 minutes.  I think I'll stick with it." 

I fully understand you but like you said it's hard to question a HoF

EMU coach was a SU assistant and he said he was going to tell Boeheim he should run the trap more... after their game lol

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

I fully understand you but like you said it's hard to question a HoF

EMU coach was a SU assistant and he said he was going to tell Boeheim he should run the trap more... after their game lol

I felt like the EMU coach during that overtime.  Nobody remind him to back to the trap! 

1 minute ago, bbb said:

I felt like the EMU coach during that overtime.  Nobody remind him to back to the trap! 

Yea it's so deadly and it has been for 20+ years but he really only pulls it out down 8+ when there isn't much time left

you can go games without seeing it. I have always thought they should use it More but Boeheim is adamant it only works for quick 4-5 minute intervals when they are down

that it's not a sustainable defense 

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yea it's so deadly and it has been for 20+ years but he really only pulls it out down 8+ when there isn't much time left

you can go games without seeing it. I have always thought they should use it More but Boeheim is adamant it only works for quick 4-5 minute intervals when they are down

that it's not a sustainable defense 

It probably isn't.  But, in that game, I think it would have been. 

1 minute ago, bbb said:

It probably isn't.  But, in that game, I think it would have been. 

I agree and I cursed mightily after the final buzzer sounded 

that loss took a few days to shake off but hats off to Bonnies. They brought it to the loud house and stole a W 

hope they win the A10

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I agree and I cursed mightily after the final buzzer sounded 

that loss took a few days to shake off but hats off to Bonnies. They brought it to the loud house and stole a W 

hope they win the A10

Thanks.  I'll be rooting for SU the rest of the way.  Not because I have my MBA from there (and was a season ticket holder then) but because it'll help us with the committee!   :lol:

10 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

What a frustrating loss. They just frittered away the game at the end. 

Battle had an awful last minute and a half, also refs seemed to swallow the whistle on a few critical plays when Wake was on D near the end

Sloppy game with loads of turnovers.  Howard does something awesome, and then 3 seconds later I’m saying “what the f$&@ was that?!”  We absolutely need Battle to score to win these ACC games.  He was not good last night.

What’s up with Sidibe?  He plays for 2 minutes, looks decent out there, and then sits for the rest of the game.  No longer eligible for medical redshirt is my understanding.  It’s going to be an up and down season, my Cuse friends.

5 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Sloppy game with loads of turnovers.  Howard does something awesome, and then 3 seconds later I’m saying “what the f$&@ was that?!”  We absolutely need Battle to score to win these ACC games.  He was not good last night.

What’s up with Sidibe?  He plays for 2 minutes, looks decent out there, and then sits for the rest of the game.  No longer eligible for medical redshirt is my understanding.  It’s going to be an up and down season, my Cuse friends.

Sidibe needed to redshirt if we can only go 5 minutes per game. Hopefully they are just easing him back.