Syracuse Hoops 2017-2018

inkman

Hope Dolezaj can build on that confidence!  He is a key part to getting the offense going, if he can hit those 15 footers consistently it makes guys creep a little further away from the bucket to guard him and will open more lanes for howard, brissett, battle, and some lobs to Chukwu.

I thought the refs called a terrible game all around

Hopefully Brissett can rebound against UNC

1 hour ago, Bray Wyatt said:

I thought the refs called a terrible game all around

Glad you mentioned this. Was the worst officiated game I have seen all year. Wake got called for endless ticky tack "fouls" to start the second half. They missed just about every block/charge call. Oh, and how about, the offensive foul on Brissette, when he was just basically dribbling down the court and the defender runs into him?  Just wacky.  

6 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

We were getting killed either way, but the officiating in the first two games is comical. These ACC refs are terrible. 

Says every fan of every team.  I've yet to hear someone post after a game, "wow, those refs were fantastic!"

Heels finally decided to play some defense tonight.  When they do that they're a handful.

2 hours ago, eball said:

Says every fan of every team.  I've yet to hear someone post after a game, "wow, those refs were fantastic!"

Heels finally decided to play some defense tonight.  When they do that they're a handful.

Honestly, the officiating was garbage both ways. Syracuse doesn’t go to the line once in the first half?  Then, late in the second half, they called a million fouls on Carolina that were really cheap, almost like make-up calls.

I will say that the hand checking really bothers me, but only because I hate being hand checked myself when I play—nothing more infuriating for a lighter, quicker player (feels like you are moving in quicksand). 

That said, UNC was dominant regardless and played excellent all the way around. That has nothing to do with the officiating. 

I didn't stick around for the second half, did Moyer get back in the game at all?  I just can't understand when you have your starting center in foul trouble(and quickly gone in the 2nd half), your back up center in quick foul trouble, why not use Moyer strictly for minutes if you don't have confidence in his offense.  Boeheim did not do a very good job of coaching this year.  There was no adapting, it was the same 6.5 players each game.  Most, if not all coaches would have used his bench, even if to spell people.  And if his bench isn't even good enough to do that, then WTF are they doing on your bench????  I understand that JB craps out more basketball coaching knowledge everyday then i would ever gather in several lifetimes, but this was not his finest moment(s)

6 hours ago, The Poojer said:

I didn't stick around for the second half, did Moyer get back in the game at all?  I just can't understand when you have your starting center in foul trouble(and quickly gone in the 2nd half), your back up center in quick foul trouble, why not use Moyer strictly for minutes if you don't have confidence in his offense.  Boeheim did not do a very good job of coaching this year.  There was no adapting, it was the same 6.5 players each game.  Most, if not all coaches would have used his bench, even if to spell people.  And if his bench isn't even good enough to do that, then WTF are they doing on your bench????  I understand that JB craps out more basketball coaching knowledge everyday then i would ever gather in several lifetimes, but this was not his finest moment(s)

Moyer barely played— 5 minutes. 

I agree. And total cop-out to say they only had two scorers— they can’t even run an offense with any semblance of motion. JB could have coached these guys up some more on O.