Syracuse Hoops 2017-2018

inkman

49 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Moyer barely played— 5 minutes. 

I agree. And total cop-out to say they only had two scorers— they can’t even run an offense with any semblance of motion. JB could have coached these guys up some more on O.

back in the day JB at a conference said he just sits there at practice drinking coffee and reading the paper, I have never found any reason to doubt this

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Stunned. Absolutely stunned. Honestly, very undeserved this year, Even for a play-in.

They have a really good defense that can limit a lot of teams. 

Have a great strength of schedule and RPI

Have won some good road and neutral games

and has future NBA players in Battle and Oshae Brissett

not the offense we are accustomed to but they won on defense and hustle all year 

those would be my reasons 

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Stunned. Absolutely stunned. Honestly, very undeserved this year, Even for a play-in.

Two years ago, shouldn't have got in and made a run. Last year they should have got in and didn't. This year i think it's right. Good RPI and SOS. Miami and Louisville road win helped a lot. I think the committee must have ignored the eye test.

Honestly, I'd much rather see them lose the first game in the NCAA (FTR I think they'll beat AZ St.) than win the NIT.

LET'S GO CUSE!

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall
  • Like (+1) 1

It's still crazy to think about the cuse team 2 years ago that made the final four. They were a 10 seed and were on the bubble of making the tournament just like this year. Watching highlights of that team though makes me realize how bad this year's team is. The 2016 orange would destroy the 2018 orange. However, cuse is a great tournament team and anything can happen 

Nobody is really great this year, there are easily 24 teams that on a given night could win it all.

If North Carolina or Duke or Arizona actually does play like it should it doesn't change the fact that nobody played consistently great this year.

So anything can happen.

13 hours ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

Two years ago, shouldn't have got in and made a run. Last year they should have got in and didn't. This year i think it's right. Good RPI and SOS. Miami and Louisville road win helped a lot. I think the committee must have ignored the eye test.

Honestly, I'd much rather see them lose the first game in the NCAA (FTR I think they'll beat AZ St.) than win the NIT.

LET'S GO CUSE!

The "eye test" is a myth. Humans see what they want to see.

7 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

The "eye test" is a myth. Humans see what they want to see.

True.  I'll also add that the team that I watched beat Miami and Clemson was a completely different team than I watched blow one to ND, lose to a horrible Wake team, and lay down against UNC in the ACC tourney.  This team is wildly inconsistent, but I think they have the potential to go on a run in the NCAA's.  We don't have the depth, but I'll take our best 5 against most teams' starting 5.  Frank Howard will continue to be the key player.

19 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

True.  I'll also add that the team that I watched beat Miami and Clemson was a completely different team than I watched blow one to ND, lose to a horrible Wake team, and lay down against UNC in the ACC tourney.  This team is wildly inconsistent, but I think they have the potential to go on a run in the NCAA's.  We don't have the depth, but I'll take our best 5 against most teams' starting 5.  Frank Howard will continue to be the key player.

Yep very true. It's all about guard play come march madness and Syracuse has Tyus Battle and Franklin Howard up top

Chukwu can still be a rim protector 

Dolezaj and Moyer can give the hustle

If Brissett can get going during the tourney , they can win some games 

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I haven't stopped having nightmares about Howard's play against UNC in the ACC tourney.

• Haha (+1) 2