Syracuse Hoops 2017-2018

inkman

2 hours ago, The Poojer said:

Frank Howard is battling strep throat, hopefully he can get his strength and energy back by tomorrow.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/2018/03/syracuse_basketball_point_guard_frank_howard_dealing_with_strep_throat.html

Sometimes you play your best games under the weather. 

You get so focused on the game that you just get in the zone and establish a great rythem 

2 hours ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

Who would you have given their bid to?

USC, Oklahoma State (beat Kansas twice), and maybe St. Mary’s.  Some say Notre Dame, and they did beat Syracuse head to head, but not near the quality wins of SU.

Hey, some times you catch a break, some times you don’t.  This year we got a lucky bounce.  

17 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

USC, Oklahoma State (beat Kansas twice), and maybe St. Mary’s.  Some say Notre Dame, and they did beat Syracuse head to head, but not near the quality wins of SU.

Hey, some times you catch a break, some times you don’t.  This year we got a lucky bounce.  

USC and St Marys I agree with. Cases can be made for and against all bubble teams. Notre Dame I believe was rightfully left out. Stinks for ND because they would have been in easy without the injuries but those are the breaks. We had better RPI and better quadrant wins. 

As far as Ok State goes, f Doug Gottlieb. :D

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

I saw an interview with coach K sometime in the last two days, he mentioned that Duke can play zone and has in very limited time.  He gave credit to Boeheim and Hopkins for showing the Olympic teams how to play zone, which helped him understand it.  I found that kind of interesting.

2 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

I saw an interview with coach K sometime in the last two days, he mentioned that Duke can play zone and has in very limited time.  He gave credit to Boeheim and Hopkins for showing the Olympic teams how to play zone, which helped him understand it.  I found that kind of interesting.

Duke played a TON of 2-3 zone this year with Grayson Allen at the top

50 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Duke played a TON of 2-3 zone this year with Grayson Allen at the top

He down played how often they played the zone.  Seems to be getting more popular.  Watching Bonny play a zone now, although it is a 1-3-1.  

Just now, Greybeard said:

He down played how often they played the zone.  Seems to be getting more popular.  Watching Bonny play a zone now, although it is a 1-3-1.  

Yep

Coach K picked it up from Boeheim and has been steadily using it more every season... this season the most frequent

I saw an interview where he said that the team plays better when they hear Grayson's voice and him manning the top of the zone gets him talking on the court 

5 hours ago, Greybeard said:

I don't understand how a zone got UCLA to start missing threes.  It took away their perimeter game somehow..........Back in the stone ages when I played, I loved playing against zones because I had a very good outside shot - and not much else. 

4 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I will take that win!! As usual, painful to watch  on offense. Just a bunch of dribbling and bad passing. 

But a win is a win. Now onto the zone killer, Jamie Dixon! Ugh.

Yea that's not a good matchup imo

Dixon knows how to shred the zone... at least he had it down at Pitt

Tyus had such a beautiful crossover pull-up 3 to go up by 3 with like a 1:50 left

even when he has an off game he always shows up in the last few minutes of a close game

he has hit a good amount of big shots late in games this year 

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

What a bricklayers convention.

Thats what good defense does. Stifles an opponent 

hardly any teams blew the roof off Cuse. They had a top 20 defense 

Syracuse has only had 3 scorers all season. It's always a grind this year