Syracuse Hoops 2017-2018

inkman

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Oh, I’m sure Frank will get the start, but I wonder how many minutes Carey will steal from him.  Carey, IMO, is a better passer and a much better shooter that FH.  It will be interesting.  Battle, Howard, Boeheim, Hughes, Carey, and Washington.  That’s a lot of mouths to feed.

Yea Carey is a dynamite recruit... but we are talking about what Frank is doing at Cuse now and what Carey is doing in HS

Frank was also a top player in Virginia as a SR... though Carey should have a better shooting stroke... I'm hoping he's every bit at advertised 

im excited , Carey should give us great explosiveness off the bench. And some scoring

On 4/10/2018 at 1:14 AM, Buffalo716 said:

I was just coming on here to post this.  I got a text from my friend in the know late last night saying “Looks like we have a really good shot at landing Bryce Golden.  Would help soften the blow of losing Bazley.”  My response was “Who the f$&k is Bruce Golden?”

After doing some research, I think this would be huge for Syracuse if this happens.  Big, strong, athletic, and supposedly a pretty decent jump shot.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I was just coming on here to post this.  I got a text from my friend in the know late last night saying “Looks like we have a really good shot at landing Bryce Golden.  Would help soften the blow of losing Bazley.”  My response was “Who the f$&k is Bruce Golden?”

After doing some research, I think this would be huge for Syracuse if this happens.  Big, strong, athletic, and supposedly a pretty decent jump shot.

Yea he isn’t Bazley but he is a pretty good prospect... seems like a good 4 year option 

good size

5 hours ago, The Poojer said:

any idea how quickly this process will take?  we are coming up on mid april, i'd imagine this will move quickly so he can hit the ground running.

I want to say that the late signing period deadline is in mid-may.  Like May 17th or something. 

3 hours ago, Keukasmallie said:

Didn't Boeheim get caught with his tit in a wringer several years ago and promise to resign at some point now long past?

Huh?

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I want to say that the late signing period deadline is in mid-may.  Like May 17th or something. 

Huh?

I have no idea what he’s talking about but if I had to guess I’d say it’s prolly something obscure to do with Bernie Fine

5 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Oh, I think it’s a lock if we get the first visit.

every Spider booster was convinced he was coming here once he asked out of his NLI..his brother plays for the Spiders. Guess that be out the window!

League President of the G-League did an AMA on Reddit yesterday: 

Surprisingly he dodged all Darius related questions and really anything controversial.   :rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

Really good article and makes a lot of sense.  I know it's an unpopular opinion but I think this is a good move for him for many of the reasons he lays out.  I also think if he is even slightly successful doing this we will see a seismic shift in ncaa/g-league/nba hierarchy.

Edited by section122
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, section122 said:

League President of the G-League did an AMA on Reddit yesterday: 

Surprisingly he dodged all Darius related questions and really anything controversial.   :rolleyes:

Really good article and makes a lot of sense.  I know it's an unpopular opinion but I think this is a good move for him for many of the reasons he lays out.  I also think if he is even slightly successful doing this we will see a seismic shift in ncaa/g-league/nba hierarchy.

He’s full of crap...

9 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

He’s full of crap...

eh I'd rather kids went this route then the 1 and done.  It's a farce to call them student-athletes.  It's a bigger farce how much money the schools make off of these "amateurs."  NCAA has a monopoly on getting to the NBA.  If this works for him I think we see a lot more kids go this route.

I fully believe that he likely wouldn't have been eligible so his hand was forced but I don't dislike the decision for him at all.

5 minutes ago, section122 said:

eh I'd rather kids went this route then the 1 and done.  It's a farce to call them student-athletes.  It's a bigger farce how much money the schools make off of these "amateurs."  NCAA has a monopoly on getting to the NBA.  If this works for him I think we see a lot more kids go this route.

I fully believe that he likely wouldn't have been eligible so his hand was forced but I don't dislike the decision for him at all.

I don’t disagree with anything you posted, but he’s still full of crap.  

It’s just annoying to me.  And maybe this belongs in the pet peeves thread.  Recently my nephew (who is a little arrogant, spoiled prick) magically returned from boot camp.  We threw a huge party for him right before he left!  I gave him a card with $100!  

“Uh, yeah I just realized that the Army wasn’t the best option for me.  I’m going to start off taking a couple classes at OCC and then look at pre-law programs.”  

His Father told my Father that he just quit because it was too hard for him.  Was crying his eyes out when they picked him up.  FULL OF CRAP!!!  Be a man and tell the truth, you puke!  ?

Now here is Bazley....after totally disrespecting the coaching staff by withholding this until he last possible minute.  Leaving them scrambling....

Now he’s grandstanding like some kind of pioneer.  Give me a break ?

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I don’t disagree with anything you posted, but he’s still full of crap.  

It’s just annoying to me.  And maybe this belongs in the pet peeves thread.  Recently my nephew (who is a little arrogant, spoiled prick) magically returned from boot camp.  We threw a huge party for him right before he left!  I gave him a card with $100!  

“Uh, yeah I just realized that the Army wasn’t the best option for me.  I’m going to start off taking a couple classes at OCC and then look at pre-law programs.”  

His Father told my Father that he just quit because it was too hard for him.  Was crying his eyes out when they picked him up.  FULL OF CRAP!!!  Be a man and tell the truth, you puke!  ?

Now here is Bazley....after totally disrespecting the coaching staff by withholding this until he last possible minute.  Leaving them scrambling....

Now he’s grandstanding like some kind of pioneer.  Give me a break ?

:lol: Sorry everyone I was too much of a kitty to make it in the Army :lol:

Did Bazley get notification that he was going to be ineligible or just find out himself?  I remember having to go through the NCAA clearinghouse to play athletics but I don't remember when I got my clearance.  I did chuckle when I saw SU was his "dream school" made me think of Marrone.  I wish he would take a couple of the Duke recruits with him too! :lol:

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

FWIW, I am hearing that Tyus has done extra course work, and is on track to graduate after next season.  Word around the campfire is that the diploma is very important to him and his family.  A lot of folks think he is staying one more season.  ??

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

FWIW, I am hearing that Tyus has done extra course work, and is on track to graduate after next season.  Word around the campfire is that the diploma is very important to him and his family.  A lot of folks think he is staying one more season.  ??

If that’s true and he’s done as a rising sophomore that’s pretty impressive and kudos to him for being way more focused than I ever could have been 

10 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Starting to lose some sting from losing Bazley...

still really pumped for next year... hope Tyus comes back and we have a squad 

Interesting timing that Battle is going to announce his intentions during Golden’s visit ?

Still wouldn’t shock me if he declared and did not hire an agent.  I think he will be back next season.  

6 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Interesting timing that Battle is going to announce his intentions during Golden’s visit ?

Still wouldn’t shock me if he declared and did not hire an agent.  I think he will be back next season.  

I think that is most likely 

On 4/12/2018 at 10:38 AM, Keukasmallie said:

Didn't Boeheim get caught with his tit in a wringer several years ago and promise to resign at some point now long past?

15 minutes ago, Keukasmallie said:

Okay....Boeheim is a manipulative a-hole who wields a great deal of power at SU, and water is still as wet as it was 2 years ago.

I still don’t understand your point, or how it’s related to the current conversation.  Also, “tit in a wringer” made me laugh out loud.

JB and G-Mac having an in-home visit with Joe Girard today.  Looks like Boeheim and Coach K are going after him like rabid pit bulls.  

Hopefully, with the “over recruiting” practices at Duke gathering some media attn as of late  (see Jordan Tucker, Quade Green), he makes the wise choice and stays in NY.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

JB and G-Mac having an in-home visit with Joe Girard today.  Looks like Boeheim and Coach K are going after him like rabid pit bulls.  

Hopefully, with the “over recruiting” practices at Duke gathering some media attn as of late  (see Jordan Tucker, Quade Green), he makes the wise choice and stays in NY.

I want Girard soooo bad. And my tool of a friend loves Duke so I want to double stick it to him 

Im hearing rumors Sienna might offer GMac

12 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I want Girard soooo bad. And my tool of a friend loves Duke so I want to double stick it to him 

Im hearing rumors Sienna might offer GMac

I hear that Pat Beilein from LeMoyne is the favorite, but now Rick Pitino has thrown his hat into the ring as well ?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.timesunion.com/sports/amp/Rick-Pitino-interested-in-Siena-basketball-12835655.php

7 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Okay....Boeheim is a manipulative a-hole who wields a great deal of power at SU, and water is still as wet as it was 2 years ago.

I still don’t understand your point, or how it’s related to the current conversation.  Also, “tit in a wringer” made me laugh out loud.

To think at one time that could actually happen.  Ahhh, such a waste.

9 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I love how aggressive they’re being to address F depth.   Golden would be a huge get for us at this point, and it appears that it’s a 2 horse race between SU and Illinois.  Although Cuse is heavy favorite according to 247.  Don’t know much about Braswell.

10 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I love how aggressive they’re being to address F depth.   Golden would be a huge get for us at this point, and it appears that it’s a 2 horse race between SU and Illinois.  Although Cuse is heavy favorite according to 247.  Don’t know much about Braswell.

Illinois thinks they have a good shot at Golden but I really hope Boeheim and Co do magic on the visit and we can secure him 

im hearing he might want to take all 4 visits