Syracuse Hoops 2017-2018

inkman

1 minute ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Sidibe needed to redshirt if we can only go 5 minutes per game. Hopefully they are just easing him back.

I’m no Dunkirk Don, but I heard that Chukwu staying out of foul trouble kept Sidibe on the bench last night.  They are easing him back.  This is good news for Syracuse.

17 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Well, that was awful.

Don’t really get how they got so clobbered on the glass too. A real fitting way to end the game. 

Effort was horrible down the stretch.  The way Howard and Dolezaj gave up on that final play makes me want to puke.  I’m still speechless.

Great to see my Hoos beat Boeheim's zone again.

UVA is the best defensive team in the country, but always falls short in the tourney against physical teams, and usually has scoring issues.

This year they have two more reliable three shooters, but that usually doesn't work nearly as well on the road.

Great win.

1 hour ago, sherpa said:

Great to see my Hoos beat Boeheim's zone again.

UVA is the best defensive team in the country, but always falls short in the tourney against physical teams, and usually has scoring issues.

This year they have two more reliable three shooters, but that usually doesn't work nearly as well on the road.

Great win.

UVA is a solid team and I really Love Bennett. That said, his teams are not build to make serious runs in March and this team is no different. Reminds me of the Pitt teams under Jamie Dixon. Great defense, physical, and some solid team offensive play. But you need some star scorers who can carry the team when needed and make big shots. 

22 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

UVA is a solid team and I really Love Bennett. That said, his teams are not build to make serious runs in March and this team is no different. Reminds me of the Pitt teams under Jamie Dixon. Great defense, physical, and some solid team offensive play. But you need some star scorers who can carry the team when needed and make big shots. 

Things change slowly. Virginia has been a tough place to recruit national level high school scorers.

Very high and uncompromising academic standards.

A lot of emphasis on defense. I've watched them practice a couple times and his system is ingrained before they ever see the court in a game.

Red shirt everybody.

But, little by little they are getting better shooters, and NBA success is aiding recruiting. Malcolm Brogdan being named the steal of the draft and NBA rookie of the year was a positive thing, but he's a special kid. 

Anyway, the ACC is tough schedule and they always go into mid March a little tired and without great depth, and it catches up to them.