Thank god for the Jets

jumbalaya

otherwise we go 0-16. No QB, No WRs, No O-line. This season is falling apart before it gets started. We will certainly be out of playoffs before the end of October. At least we have a better culture. The McDermott experiment won't last two years.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry did we already start the season and and nobody told me?

Last I heard we were in pre-season still and the games don't mean anything.

For the last two years under Tyrod we were horrible offensively in the preseason and then we were the top-ranked rushing team for 2 years last year we were top 10 scoring.

Some of you kids were over at BBMB, but even the most loyal supporters here freaked out. I'm not worried about the offense & I'm super intrigued by the defense.

Throw in Miami might suck and Jests WILL suck and I'm optimistic.

I was thinking the same thing. We will probably win the 1st game but after that going to be ugly as hell.

GOOD! We have needed this for more than 17 years. This Retool crap hasn't worked out. Bottom out, clean house, finally try for the Franchise QB And rebuild. We do that and I give this regime 5 years no problem. This 6-10 to 8-8 BS hasn't gotten us anywhere.

otherwise we go 0-16. No QB, No WRs, No O-line. This season is falling apart before it gets started. We will certainly be out of playoffs before the end of October. At least we have a better culture. The McDermott experiment won't last two years.

This recipe is a lot better.

Jambalaya-11.jpg

Disagree...when u are rebuilding it takes more than two years...Pegula isn't that stupid.

GOOD! We have needed this for more than 17 years. This Retool crap hasn't worked out. Bottom out, clean house, finally try for the Franchise QB And rebuild. We do that and I give this regime 5 years no problem. This 6-10 to 8-8 BS hasn't gotten us anywhere.

same here....i have no problem giving them a long leash to do what they need to do...last thing I want is another coaching change in two years...that just might make me finally jump ship.

Edited by JaCrispy

Not for nothing, I'm a little tired of those who complained about meaningless wins that kept us from drafting higher in previous years.

Now they want to complain that we might finally have the type of season that will position our selves to get a legit QB in the draft, and really try and do this thing.

This chicken little post is hopefully sarcasm :). Matthews has more yards in his career than Sammy, Zay Jones set the record for yards in a season in college and looks great in practice and pre-season, Glenn is likely back Week One, hopefully Miller is starting and Ducasse is gone (or a back-up), and O-Line is still mostly looking like the #1 running offense it was last year. And you didn't mention the defense for a reason. Honestly, it looks like the epitome of an 8-8 season to me, something which could break either way.

I don't understand the "sky is falling" mentality. Tyrod has been decent during the seasons, enough to be top 10 in scoring anyway and had the 2nd best rushing. People seem to forget these games are not game planned at all. Peterman looks to have promise as well so he will be an okay stop gap now that Tyrod has a concussion. The defense is looking much better than last year as well. Will we win a lot of games? Who knows, but after the disaster Rex did to this team the last 2 years its going to take a year maybe 2 to get where we need to be before we are playoff competitive.

We may not see it until we look back after 5-10 years, but the NFL is in a huge talent lull right now. 3 wins? Who are you afraid of? The Bengals? The Saints? The Chargers? The Colts? The Dolphins? The Jets? The Bucs? These are baby soft teams to go along with our baby soft team. There are way more than 3 wins on our schedule, for better or worse.

Peterman may be NFL quality, but most camps have a Peterman-type that emerges from the pack and impresses team, press and fans. Remember: Tyrod has a concussion, Yates has a concussion, and as much as one poo poo's the fact that this is only pre-season, it's only pre-season for the rest of the NFL too. In my way of thinking, along about the third game of the regular season we should have a sense of what's to come over the rest of of the schedule. At this point, yesterday being the best predictor of tomorrow, I'm pessimistic.