Tyrod in Concussion protocol (update - Cleared 9/5)

YoloinOhio

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again PROVE that I said Nate would win the #1 spot.

You are making stuff up.

I was accused of trolling.

I posted an example of trolling. Seems I hit a bullseye.

Stats don't matter so do we use the eye test?

Are you denying you mentioned Nates stats against the 2s and 3s?

The eye test said he played okay for the most part with his best game coming against all backup players in the utterly meaningless 4th preseason game.

That's QoC, not statistics. Two completely different things.

How many great games has Taylor has in 19 games? 4 to 6.

I'm done arguing. Have a good night.

Who is arguing? The last game Tyrod played they had more yards than in any other Bills game ever!! You said that the highest rated QB in franchise history is going to have to play the best game of his life this week. I thought there was some hyperbole there. Either way he's building off a good one!! Edited by Kirby Jackson

Because they planned on getting rid of Cardale Jones (drafted by previous regime)? The way things have gone this offseason, it's kind of surprising that McD went along with keeping Tyrod.

Tyrod is a starting caliber (albeit a slightly above-average one) QB and those don't hang on trees to grab it. Sean knows it and was smart to keep Tyrod as his starting QB barring injury. Could they have stayed at their original draft position and picked Patrick Maholmes; that could have been a big possibility but may be their scouting (Whaley's) did not give enough confidence. Who knows.

God, are we really still arguing about preseason?

Who the F cares about preseason?!?!

We find out and just five days whether preseason is an indicator of anything at all in terms of regular-season play as it relates to Taylor. One thing is very obvious, though; preseason as far as the QB with this team apparently has very little to do with his valuation from coaches.

Preseason just doesn't matter. Let's stop talking preseason. The regular season is finally here! :thumbsup:

Now does that mean we hit on that pick, absolutely not, BUT at some point you must pull the trigger. If I am correct, the Buffalo Bills have never, in the age of the modern draft, used a top 10 pick on a QB. Sure as heck not a top 5. Way past time we did that. You MUST take the chance, but to take the chance you gotta draft high.

Now on another note, does a Franchise QB guarantee you a superbowl/ Superbowl win? NO it does not. But NFL history shows that outside of a couple "prefect storms" you must have one in order to have a chance.

Yes, one must have a really good QB to have a chance. But I'm not so sure you have to draft one high as you say.

Of the 12 playoff teams in 2016, only 5 were drafted in the top 10.

Matt Ryan, Eli Manning, Matt Stafford, Ryan Tannehill, and Alex Smith.

Ben Rothlesberger, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Russell Wilson, Brian Hoyer, Dereck Carr, and Dak Prescott were not.

In the past 10 years, top 10 QB drafted from 2004-2013 were

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin, Ryan Tannehill, Cam Newton, Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbert, Sam Bradford, Matt Stafford, Mark Sanchez, Matt Ryan, JaMarcus Russell, Vince Young, Matt Lienert, Alex Smith, Eli Manning, and Phillip Rivers.

So you're theory doesn't seem to pencil out. More QBs in playoffs NOT drafted in top 10 than were, and a 33% hit rate in the top 10.

Those numbers don't warrant wasting a season over IMHO.

The problem has not been where we're picking, but WHO we've been picking.

In three preseason games, ______ completed 48 percent of his passes for 100 yards, two interceptions and a 27.9 quarterback rating.

You want stupid? There was a poster in some recent thread (I forgot which) who said Taylor was a horrible QB because ...... wait for it ...... his showing in the Pro Bowl two years ago !! Yep; that was his "evidence". Another person "proved" Taylor would never be a credible quarterback by statistical analysis of long-term backups over three decades of NFL history. The Great Mind behind that gem treated us to dozens of posts on the topic.

Now, it's pretty obvious why those two efforts were WTF pathetic : You don't bother with such idiotic nonsense when you have two years of starter's play to look at. Or maybe you do bother with such idiotic nonsense to avoid discussing two years of starter's play. Either way, Taylor has a substantial record (good, bad & ugly) playing real games that count against first string defenses.

Now, maybe Peterman will develop into a fine NFL starter. He does show promise & I'd be the last person in the world to write him off. But right now all we've seen is a middling training camp & preseason play that can't remotely be described as great. Not even within shouting distance of great. And - lest we forget - against second & third string vanilla defenses. But that is Peterman's only record to compare against Taylor's.

Judged on that basis alone, Taylor would be the starter. Of course the coaches consider much more than preseason play (they're not fools) and they have Taylor the starter as well.

But by performances in the can alone? TT, easily. It's not even close.

Edited by grb

Yes, one must have a really good QB to have a chance. But I'm not so sure you have to draft one high as you say.

Ben Rothlesberger, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Russell Wilson, Brian Hoyer, Dereck Carr, and Dak Prescott were not.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin, Ryan Tannehill, Cam Newton, Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbert, Sam Bradford, Matt Stafford, Mark Sanchez, Matt Ryan, JaMarcus Russell, Vince Young, Matt Lienert, Alex Smith, Eli Manning, and Phillip Rivers.

So you're theory doesn't seem to pencil out. More QBs in playoffs NOT drafted in top 10 than were, and a 33% hit rate in the top 10.

Picking a QB is always a crapshoot, but picking one of the top QBs in a draft with really good prospects at the top is a better gamble than picking one of the 2nd tier guys. People always use your argument that there are more good QBs taken in later rounds than the top 10 of the first round. That is true, but that is because there are a very small number of QBs taken in the top of the draft and a lot of QBs taken from the latter part of round one onwards. Finding your Brady or Rodgers in the later rounds is very low probability wise.

Stats would have supported it. The Miami game was the best of Tyrod's career and one of the best offensive performances for the Bills ever.

If only we could single out his bad games as easily as we can single out his good ones (MIA/SEA ... end).

You want stupid? There was a poster in some recent thread (I forgot which) who said Taylor was a horrible QB because ...... wait for it ...... his showing in the Pro Bowl two years ago !! Yep; that was his "evidence". Another person "proved" Taylor would never be a credible quarterback by statistical analysis of long-term backups over three decades of NFL history. The Great Mind behind that gem treated us to dozens of posts on the topic.

Now, it's pretty obvious why those two efforts were WTF pathetic : You don't bother with such idiotic nonsense when you have two years of starter's play to look at. Or maybe you do bother with such idiotic nonsense to avoid discussing two years of starter's play. Either way, Taylor has a substantial record (good, bad & ugly) playing real games that count against first string defenses.

Now, maybe Peterman will develop into a fine NFL starter. He does show promise & I'd be the last person in the world to write him off. But right now all we've seen is a middling training camp & preseason play that can't remotely be described as great. Not even within shouting distance of great. And - lest we forget - against second & third string vanilla defenses. But that is Peterman's only record to compare against Taylor's.

Judged on that basis alone, Taylor would be the starter. Of course the coaches consider much more than preseason play (they're not fools) and they have Taylor the starter as well.

That was the legendary (in his own mind) Ryan L Billz --> Maury Ballstein. Edited by PromoTheRobot

Very well said. Thank you.

I do not discount what TT has done over 2 seasons. He is the starter. That being said he has weaknesses and even those arguing with me agree with.

The problem as I see it is that people take offense when people like you or I say "He NP does show promise".

They twist what people say to indicate that we just want to trash TT and promote NP. When I asked them to prove I said as much - sound of crickets.

Its a new season, new coaches, new scheme. No one can claim what will happen. We can only guess and hope for the best from whomever the coaches put on the field.

That was the legendary (in his own mind) Ryan L Billz --> Maury Ballstein.

its damn hard to keep up when people keep changing names.

9-7, 9-7, 9-7 hard to get in the bottom (top) 10 when you constantly draft 12, 13 and 14. By then any quality QB is long gone.

I am no expert but I believe the odds of getting a 2018 1st, or 2nd draft pick will be costly and as you touched on - nothing is a guarantee.

The problem as I see it is that people take offense when people like you or I say "He NP does show promise".

I think Peterman is very much like Taylor. Both were written-off by the scouts with all their reams of analytics. Both have flaws which make that judgment understandable. But both seem determined to push the talents they do have farther than any of the skeptics wants to credit possible. The Buffalo News had a thing today saying Taylor is the latest drafted quarterback (sixth round, 180th overall) with at least 3,000 yards passing and 500 yards rushing in a season—which he has done it twice. Peterman can also be a guy like that, and I think that's pretty admirable. Both Peterman and Taylor are easy players to root for.

yup, it's official, they are intentionally trying to be bad.

Realizing there is no sarcasm font, I will still assert that there is no reasonable argument that I can imagine that says there is a better option on the Bills roster today for Week One.

I think Peterman is very much like Taylor. Both were written-off by the scouts with all their reams of analytics. Both have flaws which make that judgment understandable. But both seem determined to push the talents they do have farther than any of the skeptics wants to credit possible. The Buffalo News had a thing today saying Taylor is the latest drafted quarterback (sixth round, 180th overall) with at least 3,000 yards passing and 500 yards rushing in a season—which he has done it twice. Peterman can also be a guy like that, and I think that's pretty admirable. Both Peterman and Taylor are easy players to root for.

again very well said.

I hope you don't catch to much chit for saying -- Peterman is very much like Taylor -- Someone might not interpret that the way you meant it.