Tyrod in Concussion protocol (update - Cleared 9/5)

YoloinOhio

it was my understanding very little of the new O was even shown in preseason?

Yep. I think you are correct.

The offense we see this Sunday will likely look very different than what we saw in those preseason games.

That doesn't mean they will execute well. It just means the plays will look entirely different.

I am betting an awful large dose of McCoy running through C and D gaps and a lot of pass plays to Clay and Oleary.

Edited by PolishDave

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The offense we see this Sunday will likely look very different than what we saw in those preseason games.

That doesn't mean they will execute well. It just means the plays will look entirely different.

I am betting an awful large dose of McCoy running through C and D gaps and a lot of pass plays to Clay and Oleary.

....isn't pre-season standard protocol VANILLA?........unless you're Lap Bandless Wrecks wanting to declare "we won the pre-season" whatever the hell that was supposed to mean?...this luau buffet line headliner set us back 2 years......

....isn't pre-season standard protocol VANILLA?........unless you're Lap Bandless Wrecks wanting to declare "we won the pre-season" whatever the hell that was supposed to mean?...this luau buffet line headliner set us back 2 years......

Yep.

If I recall correctly, Marv Levy and Co. used to use preseason to evaluate personnel and not much else. They didn't care how "the team" looked so much as how certain players performed in certain situations. They didn't care too much about winning a preseason game.

I think McDermott is of that mindset as well. I commend him for it if that is truly his mindset.

Hopefully the Bills come out and shock the hell out of us all by laying a solid beat down on the Jets and moving the ball easily (both ground and air) against a decent Jets defense.

so then it would be hard to evaluate a new O when you're not seeing it, would be my assumption?

so then it would be hard to evaluate a new O when you're not seeing it, would be my assumption?

Yessir. That would be my assumption too. :thumbsup:

I am sure the coaches have a better idea than we do of whether the players will be able to execute the designed offense or not. Let's hope they can.

If they can't, then I suspect it will be more backyard football with Tyrod running around behind the line of scrimmage asking himself - WTF? Where's Sammy? And then he will chuck the ball to either Shady or Clay - because those are the only guys still on this team that he has thrown passes to before in a regular season game.

My gut still tells me we are going to miss the third leg of the offensive tripod - Watkins. Hopefully someone else steps up bigtime. Hopefully it is Jones.

Why does Vanilla get such a bad rep ... It's more flavorful than certain other tastes.

....MOST CERTAINLY not all his fault, but 8-8 and 7-9 still leaves us on the outside lookin' in.....2016 lies at the feet (NOT GOING THERE) of the dearly departed Wrecks with his defense dismantling......could easily have been 9-7 with a sniff......but it's all behind us now, because you can't change it....the kid is here under contract with an entirely new coaching staff and offensive scheme....he is the starter, so give him a bonafide shot to prove himself as a solid NFL starter (forget this "franchise" crap) and let's see what he can do in what I believe is his "make it or break" year......going azz backwards citing stats, this, that, these or those changes NOTHING......Peterman is coming along nicely at a better pace than I would have expected from a later round guy, but why rush him?.....let his confidence build over time before we smoke another kid...I'm sure 2017 sets the stage for TT in his mind as to where or if he is in the NFL next year.....pretty smart kid who knows the meaning of "sense of urgency" and I think he is a good teammate and hard worker trying to hone his craft (you know the deficiencies).....this is his audition to prolong his career IMO and probably the most stable OBD environment since his arrival.......stay tuned..........

I agree with that. People harp kn his flaws but his playing style got results if the defense would have been better we would have been a wild card team last year this year things are set up for him to fail so it's either grow developed the part of the game that you weren't good at or look at finding another team in the offseason which might be likely regardless how he plays because this front office wants to draft its own quarterback that's fully suit its own scheme hope for the best prepare for the worst

I agree with that I'm looking forward to seeing what our real offense looks like and I can almost guarantee Clay will probably be the most positive receiver this Season hope Jones gets a lot of targets to to further his development.

I just opened the Bills app and saw an article Tyrod to start Sunday.

I'm not looking to start a debate on him but it bothers me how that's worded. Are they implying he's not going to finish? It's more than likely nothing but it just annoyed me.

I just opened the Bills app and saw an article Tyrod to start Sunday.

I'm not looking to start a debate on him but it bothers me how that's worded. Are they implying he's not going to finish? It's more than likely nothing but it just annoyed me.

I think you are reading into that too much

understanding from what, the norm vs a team installing 2 new systems?

Anyone got a link or are we just making assumptions?

I think what he's getting at is that a very basic version of the offense was played during the preseason. That's not uncommon at all. You see it a lot on defense too. You run very "vanilla" schemes in the preseason. That's the norm.

I think what he's getting at is that a very basic version of the offense was played during the preseason. That's not uncommon at all. You see it a lot on defense too. You run very "vanilla" schemes in the preseason. That's the norm.

now that can agree with Kirby,

thanks

Edited by Figster

this^

understanding from what, the norm vs a team installing 2 new systems?

Anyone got a link or are we just making assumptions?

kirby put it more detailed explanation, so we'll leave it at that.

I agree with that. People harp kn his flaws but his playing style got results if the defense would have been better we would have been a wild card team last year this year things are set up for him to fail so it's either grow developed the part of the game that you weren't good at or look at finding another team in the offseason which might be likely regardless how he plays because this front office wants to draft its own quarterback that's fully suit its own scheme hope for the best prepare for the worst

I agree with that I'm looking forward to seeing what our real offense looks like and I can almost guarantee Clay will probably be the most positive receiver this Season hope Jones gets a lot of targets to to further his development.

....so we need to give him his audition shot or last hurrah, whether in Buffalo or elsewhere.....I have no problem with that either nor do I have a clue what it may bring.....but I'd love to see the kid succeed and realize his NFL dream.....only an a-hole would wish failure, but then again, there are a plenty............