Dareus sent home for violating a team rule

Don't shoot the messenger but this guy seems to have a decent source after following him for awhile

@vicious155

The sense I'm getting is that Marcell Dareus's next misstep in a #Bills Uniform will be his last

Sal C was just on WGR and was getting heated talking about Dareus.

He was raising his voice saying "You're 27 years old and you can't make it on a bus on time? After all the troubles you've had in the past???"

He also brought up he heard from close sources that Dareus was late for about 25 meetings with Marrone before he finally sat him.

Dareus was a favorite of mine but I think I'm at the point that I'll be surprised if he doesn't mess up. If he was a teammate of mine...it would drive me crazy.

Crazy to think by next year, we could have two different starting defensive tackles.

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't shoot the messenger but this guy seems to have a decent source after following him for awhile

@vicious155

The sense I'm getting is that Marcell Dareus's next misstep in a #Bills Uniform will be his last

Oh that would be fantastic. Let him go somewhere else and not be worth the money paid to him.

You become a winner when you have talented players who are committed to maximizing use of their talent and by having them unite as a team. Dareus seems to want to do neither. Absolutely correct decision.

Be interesting to see what other punishment comes down.

Dareus was motivated at Bama.

Oh that would be fantastic. Let him go somewhere else and not be worth the money paid to him.

Or he goes somewhere where they make the playoffs and fire coaches every 2 years.

@vicious155

I agree 100 percent. From hearing Bedard's interview

and how serious these guys are about changing the attitude at OBD I would not be surprised if they take the cap hit and send him packing. I don't even think it has to be something noteworthy, if he is pouting in the next few days look for some fireworks.

@vicious155

If true I wonder if there are suitors, or if we're talking about a cut?

Name one team in any sport any time that tried some kind of we don't tolerate bad behavior idea, and will only sign or keep good citizens that won anything. I can't think of one.

Not advocating or excusing Dareus' behavior. I thought McD was right for sending him home. But the idea of cutting him outright if he is only two hours early instead of two hours and fifteen minutes for a game he is not playing in is lunacy.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

And Alabama is a stable, awesome college program.

Generally you have more disciplined college kids than pro athletes...it's not just in the NFL. It's because they have more freedom and money as a pro...

It's not every time but college is more structured.

Alabama is awesome because they year in and year out, they have the best talent and recruiting class.

Name one team in any sport any time that tried some kind of we don't tolerate bad behavior idea, and will only sign or keep good citizens that won anything. I can't think of one.

Not advocating or excusing Dareus' behavior. I thought McD was right for sending him home. But the idea of cutting him outright if he is only two hours early instead of two hours and fifteen minutes is lunacy.

Dungy's Colts perhaps?

@vicious155

What is his trade value? What would they do if he misstepped after the deadline? Would they cut him outright or bench him and try to deal him next year?

Not advocating or excusing Dareus' behavior. I thought McD was right for sending him home. But the idea of cutting him outright if he is only two hours early instead of two hours and fifteen minutes for a game he is not playing in is lunacy.

People often confuse character and football character. Dareus apparently has neither.