Dareus sent home for violating a team rule

Most NFL QBs weren't top recruits. Additionally, most top recruits aren't good NFL QBs.

Allen looks like Big Ben. Huge arm, elite size, ability to push the ball down the field and sneaky mobility to extend plays outside of the pocket. He's got a very similar resume to Carson Wentz who I really wanted the Bills to trade up for last year.

so why was he not a top recruit with all of those qualities? I'm not being snarky, you can see I said it ultimately does not matter. I didn't write him off because of it. But I also can't sit here today and call him an elite prospect. My point is that he wasn't really recruited, and only has a year of experience to go on ...at Wyoming. I'm just not sold today. Maybe I will be after another season. Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO ONE up front played well in Rexs defense.

This year will tell a lot with Dareus, but I think he will play very well in a traditional 4-3 get after the QB defense. And if he's late to a few meetings but blowing up the backfield on game days then so be it.

Like I said, he's too good to just release.

I hope Dareus gets his act together and plays like he's supposed to.

It's not a few meetings though....it'a lot (25-30 according to Sal's sources) I wouldn't make a big deal if it was just a few but it's still pretty unprofessional.

If you were a HC and you had a star player that was one failed test away from a 10 game suspension and can't get to many meetings on time....you do nothing about it?

I'd say that Lorenzo Alexander, Zach Brown, Manny Lawson, Kyle Williams played pretty well....

This year will tell a lot with Dareus, but I think he will play very well in a traditional 4-3 get after the QB defense. And if he's late to a few meetings but blowing up the backfield on game days then so be it.

Scott, I think a question we can ask ourselves is, IF the Bills could release or trade Dareus with little to no cap consequences, how would you feel about doing so? You see what I mean? This scenario changes things quite a bit imo.

I have been a fan of his since he was on the Tide and I am admittedly getting fed up.

so why was he not a top recruit with all of those qualities? I'm not being snarky, you can see I said it ultimately does not matter. I didn't write him off because of it. But I also can't sit here today and call him an elite prospect. My point is that he wasn't really recruited, and only has a year of experience to go on ...at Wyoming. I'm just not sold today. Maybe I will be after another season.

Greg Cossell says that Allen has more raw talent than Darnold.

I haven't seen enough of him to have a pertinent remark but I intend to watch him this season if/when I can.

Yes, one more and get him out. Need to put these things into the 100 mil contracts violations (and spell them out, I should say read them to these illiterate gangsters). These violations or drug busts negate the contract.

Yea.

As I said, Lawrence Taylor was a disaster. Dareus is no where near Lawrence Taylor, but the Giants weren't dumb enough to dump him.

Some want to dump Dareus because he's late to a few meetings and showed up to a game late his wasn't playing in any ways?

!@#$ing incredible.

He's an all pro player. You don't out them from your team because of tardiness.

You have said many ridiculous things in this forum for the short period of time I have been here, but putting Marcell Dareus in the same sentence as LT, arguably the best defensive player in the history of the NFL, is the dumbest.

Lawrence Taylor was a leader of that defense. He held other players on that defense accountable for their actions. He played hard every down. He played hard in practice. He was the anti Darius. You think Bill Parcells would let Dareus act like he does and play on his team? No effing way. In fact, Dareus wouldn't have the nuts to act in his pathetic manner on Bill Parcells team.

Damn, you must have been a huge Rex/Whaley fan. Let them do whatever they want, don't do sh1t about it, and go 7-9.

Dareus is a fat, lazy problem child and not worth it at all. You keep screaming young talent blah blah blah, but none of the guys you love are worth their bull crap. You can bet his ass will be gone this offseason with a post June 1st designation and HE SHOULD BE.

I, and many others, are past the BS with clowns like him.

Dareus is a fat, lazy problem child and not worth it at all. You keep screaming young talent blah blah blah, but none of the guys you love are worth their bull crap. You can bet his ass will be gone this offseason with a post June 1st designation and HE SHOULD BE.

I, and many others, are past the BS with clowns like him.

As usual you come through with a nuanced, measured, and reasonable take. Keep up the good work. :rolleyes:

Yes.

Showing up high as !@#$ and wasted is a real leader.

No I didn't or wouldn't put Dareus in the same category as LT. He was arguably the best defensive player of all time.

Dareus is still a top 10 DT in this league despite his lack of motivation or concern at times. You don't give those guys away.

Yeah you do, he is a lazy ass that only plays when he wants to. You see LT WAS the greatest, so you put up with his crap. Dareus isn't even close so you dont'. I for one hope when he is gone you follow him and add to it whatever jersey the other lazy, not worth the BS player in Watkins will be at.

As usual you come through with a nuanced, measured, and reasonable take. Keep up the good work. :rolleyes:

And I care what you have to say about my posts? You and your buddy Scott have no damn clue on what is going on, why it SHOULD be happening and why it should have happened years ago.

I love everything McBeane is doing and look forward to ridding ourself of more over hyped, BS players like Watkins and Dareus in the future

You used to hang over at BuffaloBills.com didn't you?

LMAO Great response Scott. Ill just sit back and keep watching you and 26 implode over this team finally getting it and making the right moves

how so? I mean I'm no master at scheme but how does a 4-3 differentiate from another 4-3 scheme. calls? lining up?

a whole ton. How in depth do you want for the 2017 d to pettine's?

Quickly and easily, Dareus won't be opening holes for linebackers to come in as much as he will be responsible for chaos against the OL. He will go after the QB on passes but he is responsible for the gap on a read and respond type vs Pettine having them rush the hole to meet players

The biggest difference will come on the ends for Dareus. The ends hold contain and let the linebackers get to the ball. Pettine had the ends set the edge and force the play inside to the scraping linebackers.

If the DT's fail at setting the line and closing the gaps with no ability to collapse the pocket it expands the pocket making it hard and further distance to get to the ball.

Carolina defenses had a mountain of mess in the DT's and everyone else across the field buzzing. It was amazing.

Pettine had everyone crash in to the ball, focused on getting to it. This is part of the reason why I knew schwartz wide 9 would be good. We were essentially running it already.

I have no idea what talent we have to play the way I'm sure McDermott wants to. ... But I can pretty surely guess. And that is that Dareus may have an amazing year to the football eye but not to the spectator who doesn't see his stats.

I was surprised Hughes is being used so well. McDermott never had an end like him.

This makes me wonder what's going on with DT. Washington could be outside a little, too

Is this boot camp or football?

Get rid of Hughes while we are at it.

Who needs talent when you have culture and discipline.... and losses?

Hughes is close to finding the street as well, he keeps his crap up. Bottom line, Watkins, Dareus, Hughes whomever wouldnt be lazy, half assing it and whining about contracts in New England, you know the Boot camp of the NFL.

And I care what you have to say about my posts? You and your buddy Scott have no damn clue on what is going on, why it SHOULD be happening and why it should have happened years ago.

I love everything McBeane is doing and look forward to ridding ourself of more over hyped, BS players like Watkins and Dareus in the future

LMAO Great response Scott. Ill just sit back and keep watching you and 26 implode over this team finally getting it and making the right moves

Yes. Trust the process and never question anything like a good little milquetoast fan.

Yes. Trust the process and never question anything like a good little milquetoast fan.

I have questioned the absolute crap of doing things at OBD since 1996 when Kelly retired and the last 17 with crap GM's and HC's. You and your boy Scotty seem to want to keep status quo. We have no playoffs with the "talent" you two are whining over. No playoffs with letting Dareus act like a fat crybaby and Watkins sit in the tub with what, 10 "injuries"?

Yeah the way you guys have supported has worked out so well.

Past time to get rid of way over hyped, over valued, overpaid "talent".

So yes, I love what McBeane is doing and I support this process because I see what the process is, I see what they are doing and why they are doing it and know its needed.

Hughes is close to finding the street as well, he keeps his crap up. Bottom line, Watkins, Dareus, Hughes whomever wouldnt be lazy, half assing it and whining about contracts in New England, you know the Boot camp of the NFL.

Hughes is probably the least lazy person on the Bills. They guy has a motor that doesn't stop...hurts him sometimes but he's a guy that will give everything on every play.

so assertive with your hot takes, how is this 43 system going to tap in to his talents exactly?

Its their term for "Give the fat, lazy, over paid guy another year of excuses". Next it will be "But McD/Frazier aren't using him right in the 4-3" Always the excuses for the over hyped, under performing "Talent"