Dareus sent home for violating a team rule

Shaw, I have a question for you. In your law firm if, say, one of the top partners was consistently late to meetings with associates and/or clients, and wanted to flaunt the rules as assigned to other attorneys in the firm, would you put up with it? Would you be concerned with the effect it has on the performance, say, of younger attorneys in your firm?

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea.

As I said, Lawrence Taylor was a disaster. Dareus is no where near Lawrence Taylor, but the Giants weren't dumb enough to dump him.

Some want to dump Dareus because he's late to a few meetings and showed up to a game late his wasn't playing in any ways?

!@#$ing incredible.

He's an all pro player. You don't out them from your team because of tardiness.

The Bills are trying to create a new culture. Having their highest paid player continue to be an example of what not to do isn't helping them get that done.

Dareus was an all pro in 2014. Since getting paid he's been mostly anonymous. His ability as a pass rusher has fallen off a cliff and he's not nearly as dominant against the run as he once was.

For a guy who has routinely had weight and effort problems, he appears to have gone the way of Albert Haynesworth in terms of not caring since he got his big contract. Assuming Dareus will return to form, when he's been so poor the last two years doesn't seem to be anywhere close to a certainty.

Dareus needs to buy in, otherwise he's going to be gone. This team has made it abundantly clear that they're not tied to keeping any specific players unless they fit the team's long term plan. He needs to show he can be a key piece for the next several years, otherwise we'll probably try to trade him.

Edited by jrober38

We disagree often, but this is so on the money I had to quote it.

The hysteria around here because one of the best players missed a bus is amazing.

Shaw,

Sal C was on WGR and had a trusted source saying that Dareus was late something like 25-30 meetings under Marrone...finally sat him because he was tired of it.

He was late constantly with Rex as well. He's had issues with the last 3 coaches he's played for.

I used to defend Dareus but can't anymore. After the multiple arrests and drug suspensions...the rap sheet is getting longer.

He's also one failed test away from being a 10 game suspension. How confident are you that he's really cleaned up his act?

The Bills are trying to create a new culture. Having their highest paid player continue to be an example of what not to do isn't helping them get that done.

Dareus was an all pro in 2014. Since getting paid he's been mostly anonymous. His ability as a pass rusher has fallen off a cliff and he's not nearly as dominant against the run as he once was.

For a guy who has routinely had weight and effort problems, he appears to have gone the way of Albert Haynesworth in terms of not caring since he got his big contract. Assuming Dareus will return to form, when he's been so poor the last two years doesn't seem to be anywhere close to a certainty.

Back to being a 4-3 defense to take full advantage of his talent.

Back to being a 4-3 defense to take full advantage of his talent.

The Bills played plenty of 4 man fronts under Rex.

Dareus got paid and his performance fell off a cliff.

Hopefully he gets better but I'm not holding my breath.

Edited by jrober38

Dareus needs to buy in, otherwise he's going to be gone. This team has made it abundantly clear that they're not tied to keeping any specific players unless they fit the team's long term plan. He needs to show he can be a key piece for the next several years, otherwise we'll probably try to trade him.

Jrober telling ScottLaw to trust the new regime. Now I HAVE seen everything.

Jrober telling ScottLaw to trust the new regime. Now I HAVE seen everything.

In no way shape or form am I telling anyone to trust this regime. They've done nothing to earn our trust.

Just pointing out that if the regime doesn't trust Dareus that they'll get rid of him.

Edited by jrober38

Yea.

As I said, Lawrence Taylor was a disaster. Dareus is no where near Lawrence Taylor, but the Giants weren't dumb enough to dump him.

Some want to dump Dareus because he's late to a few meetings and showed up to a game late his wasn't playing in any ways?

!@#$ing incredible.

Well there you go. If Dareus gets to a level or in the conversation as the greatest defensive player of all time...then yes...you put up with his crap.

Just like Shady said about Kap....he's not good enough for the distraction.

One famous coach said "I'll treat you guys all fairly but not equally".

Dareus is an outstanding talent when motivated...when will we see this potential come into fruition on a consistent basis?

Don't hold your breath for Jerry Hughes either following your line of thinking.

I'm not. Hughes appears to have benefited from playing with Kyle, Dareus (when he was playing for a contract) and Mario.

Since then, Kyle has been banged up, Dareus has lost motivation, and Mario has been jettisoned. Hughes has become the guy our opponents scheme against and his production has also fallen off a cliff.

Edited by jrober38

In no way shape or form am I telling anyone to trust this regime. They've done nothing to earn our trust.

Just pointing out that if the regime doesn't trust Dareus that they'll get rid of him.

No I get you, I feel exactly the same way. The Bills have needed a culture change like this for a very long time. Rex was probably the worst possible choice... Still way too early to say for sure about McBeane but I like the start.

No I get you, I feel exactly the same way. The Bills have needed a culture change like this for a very long time. Rex was probably the worst possible choice... Still way too early to say for sure about McBeane but I like the start.

I agree. I like that they appear to have an actual plan for the first time in 20 years, but they need to make the most of the upcoming draft. It needs to result in a franchise QB and some other building blocks and I'll believe we might be on the path to becoming successful in 2-3 years.

Yea.

!@#$ing incredible.

Would McBeane have cut or traded Bruce Smith after his drug suspension or demands for a big pay day?

I agree. I like that they appear to have an actual plan for the first time in 20 years, but they need to make the most of the upcoming draft. It needs to result in a franchise QB and some other building blocks and I'll believe we might be on the path to becoming successful in 2-3 years.

And my feelings on Tyrod have changed a little too. I'm not sure he's a QB you keep for a rebuild, he's a QB you add when the rest of your team is set. He's not gonna carry any team to a Super Bowl and you really have to build the offense around him. He can be successful but I also understand wanting to get a premium QB that can operate in any NFL offense.

And my feelings on Tyrod have changed a little too. I'm not sure he's a QB you keep for a rebuild, he's a QB you add when the rest of your team is set. He's not gonna carry any team to a Super Bowl and you really have to build the offense around him. He can be successful but I also understand wanting to get a premium QB that can operate in any NFL offense.

This is Tyrod's last year in Buffalo.

The Bills are going to go all in on drafting a blue chip QB next year, and they're going to rebuild around that player.

We need to walk away with either Darnold or Allen. Both look like elite NFL QB prospects.

This is Tyrod's last year in Buffalo.

The Bills are going to go all in on drafting a blue chip QB next year, and they're going to rebuild around that player.

We need to walk away with either Darnold or Allen. Both look like elite NFL QB prospects.

I really need to see more of Allen before thinking he's elite. He wasn't even a top recruit. I know that ultimately doesn't matter but there is a reason he's at Wyoming and has very little experience. Certainly he could end up an elite prospect but I think the expectations might be a bit high for what he is at this point in time. Jmo.

I really need to see more of Allen before thinking he's elite. He wasn't even a top recruit. I know that ultimately doesn't matter but there is a reason he's at Wyoming and has very little experience. Certainly he could end up an elite prospect but I think the expectations might be a bit high for what he is at this point in time. Jmo.

Most NFL QBs weren't top recruits. Additionally, most top recruits aren't good NFL QBs.

Allen looks like Big Ben. Huge arm, elite size, ability to push the ball down the field and sneaky mobility to extend plays outside of the pocket. He's got a very similar resume to Carson Wentz who I really wanted the Bills to trade up for last year.

Edited by jrober38

Most NFL QBs weren't top recruits. Additionally, most top recruits aren't good NFL QBs.

Allen looks like Big Ben. Huge arm, elite size, ability to push the ball down the field and sneaky mobility to extend plays outside of the pocket. He's got a very similar resume to Carson Wentz who I really wanted the Bills to trade up for last year.

Is this really true? What top NFL QB wasn't a top recruit?