Dareus sent home for violating a team rule

I have questioned the absolute crap of doing things at OBD since 1996 when Kelly retired and the last 17 with crap GM's and HC's. You and your boy Scotty seem to want to keep status quo. We have no playoffs with the "talent" you two are whining over. No playoffs with letting Dareus act like a fat crybaby and Watkins sit in the tub with what, 10 "injuries"?

Yeah the way you guys have supported has worked out so well.

Past time to get rid of way over hyped, over valued, overpaid "talent".

So yes, I love what McBeane is doing and I support this process because I see what the process is, I see what they are doing and why they are doing it and know its needed.

We're going to find out that's for sure, but no one owes them implicitly blind trust just because they talk a good game.

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a whole ton. How in depth do you want for the 2017 d to pettine's?

Quickly and easily, Dareus won't be opening holes for linebackers to come in as much as he will be responsible for chaos against the OL. He will go after the QB on passes but he is responsible for the gap on a read and respond type vs Pettine having them rush the hole to meet players

The biggest difference will come on the ends for Dareus. The ends hold contain and let the linebackers get to the ball. Pettine had the ends set the edge and force the play inside to the scraping linebackers.

If the DT's fail at setting the line and closing the gaps with no ability to collapse the pocket it expands the pocket making it hard and further distance to get to the ball.

Carolina defenses had a mountain of mess in the DT's and everyone else across the field buzzing. It was amazing.

Pettine had everyone crash in to the ball, focused on getting to it. This is part of the reason why I knew schwartz wide 9 would be good. We were essentially running it already.

I have no idea what talent we have to play the way I'm sure McDermott wants to. ... But I can pretty surely guess. And that is that Dareus may have an amazing year to the football eye but not to the spectator who doesn't see his stats.

I was surprised Hughes is being used so well. McDermott never had an end like him.

This makes me wonder what's going on with DT. Washington could be outside a little, too

appreciate that analysis

Hughes is probably the least lazy person on the Bills. They guy has a motor that doesn't stop...hurts him sometimes but he's a guy that will give everything on every play.

Getting in fights, costing us in games, getting into it with coaches is something Green Bay, Pittsburgh, New England etc won't tolerate and neither should Buffalo IF they want to actually turn this around.

We're going to find out that's for sure, but no one owes them implicitly blind trust just because they talk a good game.

Not blind trust what they are doing has worked for successful franchises. Do you not think those two haven't watched the Cluster That has been the Bills from afar? Other teams they have been with have had good success, Buffalo has been the example on how NOT to run a franchise. Right now, just do the opposite of what we have done for 17 years is an improvement.

Getting in fights, costing us in games, getting into it with coaches is something Green Bay, Pittsburgh, New England etc won't tolerate and neither should Buffalo IF they want to actually turn this around.

Not blind trust what they are doing has worked for successful franchises. Do you not think those two haven't watched the Cluster That has been the Bills from afar? Other teams they have been with have had good success, Buffalo has been the example on how NOT to run a franchise. Right now, just do the opposite of what we have done for 17 years is an improvement.

Interesting you brought up these 3 teams....

http://www.pennlive.com/steelers/index.ssf/2017/01/steelers_tomlin_outcoached.html

PITTSBURGH -- Mike Tomlin will wait to react to his star quarterback telling the audience of his weekly radio show that the Pittsburgh Steelers were out-coached in the AFC Championship game.

"I don't know that to be a true assessment of his words," said Tomlin, when asked how he handles Roethlisberger saying the team was outreached and the moment was too big for some players. "Obviously I'm going to meet with him directly like I meet with all players and proceed accordingly, like I do with all players."

Roethlisberger is typically one of the last players Tomlin conducts his post-season exit interview with, he said.

The Steelers head coach said he was unbothered by criticism, both from his own player, and externally. Tomlin also didn't take issue with Roethlisberger singling offensive coordinator Todd Haley's red zone play calling.

https://www.windycitygridiron.com/2012/12/30/3819372/packers-qb-aaron-rodgers-screams-at-coach-mike-mccarthy

Immediately recognizing the error, Aaron Rodgers STORMS to the sideline and screams at his head coach, thinking the Packers would end up getting flagged for challenging a play that they shouldn't have (the play was reviewed upstairs, and the Packers were penalized, but the TD stood).

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/laces-out/story/tom-brady-bill-obrien-new-england-patriots-sideline-yelling-washington-redskins-tbt-110515

TBT: That time Tom Brady and Bill O’Brien almost threw down on the Patriots sideline

Edited by Teeflebees

I wouldn't have a problem if Dareus was in any of these situations, but I know it will never happen because he doesn't seem to care enough about winning to get that excited about it. Now if McD and the leaders of this team get someone like Marcell Dareus to care that much and play as hard and be as competitive as those 3 Quarterbacks (all leaders of their perspective teams) then we might have something here.

I wouldn't have a problem if Dareus was in any of these situations, but I know it will never happen because he doesn't seem to care enough about winning to get that excited about it. Now if McD and the leaders of this team get someone like Marcell Dareus to care that much and play as hard and be as competitive as those 3 Quarterbacks (all leaders of their perspective teams) then we might have something here.

I agree. I've always like the saying "I'd rather calm someone down than fire them up".

Thank you for proving my point. 3 HOF players vs Dareus or Hughes. If fans can't get the difference, they are beyond help.

Edited by KellyToughII

Marcell Dareus (@marcelldareus)

8/30/17, 2:37 PM

What's happening to the whole Gulf Coast is tragic. I'm donating $25,000 to @SalvationArmyUS to instagram.com/p/BYbfhgJhAKZ/

Hmmmmm has the Owner yet???

Edited by MAJBobby

What's happening to the whole Gulf Coast is tragic. I'm donating $25,000 to @SalvationArmyUS to instagram.com/p/BYbfhgJhAKZ/

a guy worth $60,000,000 donating $25,000....is like the average guy donating $50

Yeah, Belichick would have made him walk home for patting his teammate on the helmet...

Who knows. Not everyone posts everything on twitter. But thanks for speculating!

🤦‍♂️