Matt Simms?

major

I remember a little of Matt Simms, Phil's son, competing for a spot on our roster two years ago with Tyrod, Cassell, and Manuel. Heard he was with Atlanta now. If Atlanta releases him, would you bring him back in to complete for 3rd string/practice squad? If my memory serves, I only remember seeing him in one preseason game two years back

Would like to see Yates gone. Peterman will/should be 2nd string. Just trying to think of some qb's that will be released this month or next and his name came to mind, because I can't remember why he was cut.

Any reason in particular that you like him competing for 3 as opposed to what we have?

Any reason in particular that you like him competing for 3 as opposed to what we have?

Simms does have familiarity on his side. He knows where to pick up his playbook, knows the facility layout, where the weight room is, and where to turn in his playbook when he is inevitably released, and that's gotta count for something. I hear Yates is still wandering around door to door trying to find the field house.

Simms does have familiarity on his side. He knows where to pick up his playbook, knows the facility layout, where the weight room is, and where to turn in his playbook when he is inevitably released, and that's gotta count for something. I hear Yates is still wandering around door to door trying to find the field house.

Ah, yes. We are big on processes, and he knows this process well. Good point.