I see a difference

T-Bomb

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take idiots who can play over geniuses who can't.

Well, you're looking at the extreme's...

We all hear that the game has a large mental aspect to it. What if you draft players that maybe have a little less talent, but a lot more smarts? Players that rely on their brains to be in position rather than their raw athletic ability? Maybe a smarter linebacker doesn't overshoot as much as a super fast linebacker, which one can be more productive? which one is better in a cohesive unit? What if your whole team is smarter?

Sammy to me was the worst of the team... Leodis may have mumbled his words but at least answered the question correctly. Sammy on the other hand be like:

Reporter: Sammy how's the foot feeling?

Sammy: Well uhhhhh you know uhhhh we just gotta come to practice and get mental reps.

R: So would you say you're almost 100%?

S: Uhhhh you know uhhhh like coach says, selfishness only hurts the team you know? But you gotta get the ball in your playmakers hands.

:lol:

A lot of people dumping on the OP too aggressively.

I think everyone understands IQ or and articulate speaker isnt going to win a Super Bowl but all things being equal smart players are better. I recall advice belichek gave adivce once to Jimmie Johnson, get smart players, you cant coach dumb. Belichek for the most part get smart players that know exactly where they are supposed to be and what they are supposed to do, he gets versatile players that are smart enough to play multiple positions out of multiple sets.

All things being equal, Give me smart players every time. Things like McKelvin returning that MNF kickoff or Losman running out of the end zone generally don't happen with belichek teams.

And yes it is a relieve to listen to Zay Jones, he is one smart kid.

Neither does sweeping generalizations.

and neither do sweeping generalizations

Well, you're looking at the extreme's...

We all hear that the game has a large mental aspect to it. What if you draft players that maybe have a little less talent, but a lot more smarts? Players that rely on their brains to be in position rather than their raw athletic ability? Maybe a smarter linebacker doesn't overshoot as much as a super fast linebacker, which one can be more productive? which one is better in a cohesive unit? What if your whole team is smarter?

Rex proved this theory out.

If you are nearly Mythical Teachers, anyone can learn The exotic checks to blitzes we have created for world domination.

Game is needing smarter and smarter players. For awhile it was just the Captains, now everyone need their thinking cap on.

Thats why i laugh sometimes, just for fun.

Pin the ears back and get after it.

awesome stuff. But about 4 guys defense and one or two on Offense get that luxury during the mashup.

cerebral is the game today.

Nathan Peterman and Eric Wood are a credit to their race. :ph34r:

the Human Race you mean?

A lot of people dumping on the OP too aggressively.

I think everyone understands IQ or and articulate speaker isnt going to win a Super Bowl but all things being equal smart players are better. I recall advice belichek gave adivce once to Jimmie Johnson, get smart players, you cant coach dumb. Belichek for the most part get smart players that know exactly where they are supposed to be and what they are supposed to do, he gets versatile players that are smart enough to play multiple positions out of multiple sets.

All things being equal, Give me smart players every time. Things like McKelvin returning that MNF kickoff or Losman running out of the end zone generally don't happen with belichek teams.

And yes it is a relieve to listen to Zay Jones, he is one smart kid.

racist

Then he will be similar to a Robert Woods.

Robert Woods was dinged up mostly.

One of the reasons i was surprised a bit they let him go. He was healthy last year as a#1 and produced

Because they are well spoken?

What is this? A public speaking contest or football?

Who gives a **** how well he speaks.

No surprise your one of the people banging the drum in support of the Watkins trade.

Eloquence is direct reflection of education. You are a perfect example. Of course intelligence can be measured many ways as there are multi faceted types.

Ya, but do we have enough sand in our pants?

i have been wondering. Is they an accurate weigh to measure " enough" sand?

these are the things I consider during work hours. What kind of pants ? Cargo I might guess. Black sand white sand Sand from Guam beaches?

all valid questions when striving for accuracy. and making a difference

Edited by 3rdand12

I feel so "out of the loop". Since when did "articulate" become a derogatory term?

you really should attend the trends. So much so fast, i can barely articulate the words to describe it all!

These times They are a changin'