Diehard 8-Year-Old Buffalo Bills Fan Showing Early Signs Of

Capco

Diehard 8-Year-Old Buffalo Bills Fan Showing Early Signs Of Masochism

WEST SENECA, NY—Expressing a mixture of alarm and heartache over the boy’s recently discovered disorder, the parents of diehard 8-year-old Buffalo Bills fan Cody Brenner told reporters Tuesday that their son had begun showing early signs of masochism. “A year ago we identified the first stages of his condition, and it’s been absolutely devastating as a parent to see our little boy struggling with something like this,” said the boy’s mother Julia, noting with sadness that the little boy’s self-flagellation includes watching the entirety of every Bills preseason game, regularly checking their official team Twitter page, and, in perhaps the most tragic and definitive confirmation of his disorder, recently purchasing a Tyrod Taylor poster to proudly display in his bedroom. “I thought something might be wrong when Cody made himself so angry by obsessively rewatching clips of the Bills blowing late-game leads last year, but it was his insistence that they’re going to be good this season in the face of all objective reasoning that confirmed his masochism for me. I want to help him, but we’ve been told there’s very little we can do. I just hope he can stay strong, because he will most likely be dealing with this for the rest of his life.” The boy’s grief-stricken mother added that it was hard not to blame the boy’s condition on his father, a sadist who likely inflicted his longtime Bills fandom on his son.

http://www.theonion.com/article/diehard-8-year-old-buffalo-bills-fan-showing-early-56727

Edited by Capco

Diehard 8-Year-Old Buffalo Bills Fan Showing Early Signs Of Masochism

WEST SENECA, NYExpressing a mixture of alarm and heartache over the boys recently discovered disorder, the parents of diehard 8-year-old Buffalo Bills fan Cody Brenner told reporters Tuesday that their son had begun showing early signs of masochism. A year ago we identified the first stages of his condition, and its been absolutely devastating as a parent to see our little boy struggling with something like this, said the boys mother Julia, noting with sadness that the little boys self-flagellation includes watching the entirety of every Bills preseason game, regularly checking their official team Twitter page, and, in perhaps the most tragic and definitive confirmation of his disorder, recently purchasing a Tyrod Taylor poster to proudly display in his bedroom. I thought something might be wrong when Cody made himself so angry by obsessively rewatching clips of the Bills blowing late-game leads last year, but it was his insistence that theyre going to be good this season in the face of all objective reasoning that confirmed his masochism for me. I want to help him, but weve been told theres very little we can do. I just hope he can stay strong, because he will most likely be dealing with this for the rest of his life. The boys grief-stricken mother added that it was hard not to blame the boys condition on his father, a sadist who likely inflicted his longtime Bills fandom on his son.

http://www.theonion.com/article/diehard-8-year-old-buffalo-bills-fan-showing-early-56727

Hilarious!

I can't believe a news source would embarrassed a child we live in like this! It's a sign of the times, or something! The parents,too need to be shamed.

How can you not stop and think this article will haunt the kid when he grows up and matures? He will one day wake up and realize the red white and blue makeup and banter of how he identifies has faded and he wants to be a normal boy but it maybe too late because of what his parents allowed him to do! And heavens to Betsy if this is going to be googled at his job interview or anything.

Sure it may seem cute because he is just a kid but it's not!

It's abhorrent! Think of this child's future! Shame on the Onion!

Edited by Boyst62

I got a text from my nephew today, he lives in an Atlanta suburb. His son was in gym class when the teacher asked another student if he had low self esteem, the student replied "no, why?" the teacher said "because you're wearing a Bills tee shirt".

That's not cool. In fact its the opposite. A person has to be very sure of themselves to wear Bills garb!

On a related note, these Falcons fans are getting a wee bit cocky, aren't they?

I got a text from my nephew today, he lives in an Atlanta suburb. His son was in gym class when the teacher asked another student if he had low self esteem, the student replied "no, why?" the teacher said "because you're wearing a Bills tee shirt".

Of course he doesn't. We Bills fans have low self-of-steam.

I can't believe a news source would embarrassed a child we live in like this! It's a sign of the times, or something! The parents,too need to be shamed.

How can you not stop and think this article will haunt the kid when he grows up and matures? He will one day wake up and realize the red white and blue makeup and banter of how he identifies has faded and he wants to be a normal boy but it maybe too late because of what his parents allowed him to do! And heavens to Betsy if this is going to be googled at his job interview or anything.

Sure it may seem cute because he is just a kid but it's not!

It's abhorrent! Think of this child's future! Shame on the Onion!

Dude, it's the Onion. It's not a secret that they don't care whose lives are destroyed and who gets hurt by their stories.