Enough complaining that Watkins was drafted 4th....

<--------------------------Rams message board that way.

I see a lot of threads regarding the trade and don't understand it at all as a FAN.......

Now draft nerds are another story and build on hope.

There is no way the Bills are a better team for trading Watkins in 2017. We punted on 3rd down the season away imo.

Add to that Watkins was the player I wanted to see healthy and the ball thrown too, but I'm sure this coaching staff probably had him penciled in as a decoy........

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For one if OBJ were here him and Tyrod probably would hate each other by now. Remember on passing plays Tyrod don't see most of the field, won't throw the ball unless you're wide open, and can't make all of the throws a normal qb can throw. OBJ would lose his mind here. He's a me first player and playing with Tyrod would not fit his me first attitude. So no OBJ would not excel here with Tyrod. Sammy handled playing here pretty well.

I agree OBJ would've had a fist fight with Taylor and bashed him every media chance he could.

Not only was he drafted 4th, we wasted TWO number 1 picks on the guy and this particular draft class was very deep at WR.

Another epic failure of the front office. No wonder why we haven't made the post season for nearly two decades.

First of all for the purpose of trade evaluations in the NFL a future 1st round pick is considered as a 2nd round pick in value...

I agree OBJ would've had a fist fight with Taylor and bashed him every media chance he could.

LMAO...and you say this why? Facts or blind dislike of TT? Sammy is the 4th in the entire NFL since entering the league in YPC...why, because TT has no problem connecting with Sammy when he is healthy, and that includes deep. Sammy was one of the most productive WRs in the NFL while healthy catching passes for TT. Had OBJ been here, there is no reason to believe he wouldn't have still put up good seasons other than to just make blind statements that disregard facts.

Edited by Alphadawg7

OBJ...guy who only broke 100 yards 4 times last year despite playing on a team with no run game that throws constantly? Same guy who had 8 games under 73 yards, including 6 under 60 yards? Same guy who dropped multiple easy passes that basically lost games for the Giants? Same guy who has not been the best teammate and throws tantrums? Is that the OBJ you said just excels?

In 2015 when Watkins was healthy for the final 9 games, he outperformed OBJ despite playing with TT in a run first offense instead of with a 2 time SB MVP QB on a team who throws constantly because they can't run. In fact, when healthy, I can't think of a single thing that OBJ actually does better than Sammy outside an occasional highlight reel catch.

Sammy has more consistent hands (OBJ drops too many easy passes, and important easy passes that have cost the Giants games).

Sammy also has an edge as a route runner

Sammy also has an edge in being smart on the field

Sammy has been less drama and a better teammate

OBJ has been on the field more, but has he really been healthier? He has missed less games or played hurt less, but thats mostly because Sammys main injury essentially cost him the entire 2016 season where through the first 14 weeks he either sat or played as a shell of himself. OBJ has had multiple injuries himself, just been fortunate one of them didn't take a season away from him.

What OBJ has an edge in is the insane play and crazy athleticism. But Sammy isn't far behind there whose made his own share of amazing one handed catches and plays himself.

If both were healthy, I would take Sammy over OBJ in a close race. I would also take some other WRs before OBJ too. OBJ is absolutely an amazing young talent, so none of that is meant to paint him as a bad WR by any means. Its more of a testament to the talent of Sammy and some of the real flaws that show with OBJ.

This! Sammy is better than OBJ at just about everything !! With just a few expections:

Probowl selections

Rookie of the year awards

TDs/GM

Yards/game

Catches/game

Catch radius

Yards after catch

YAC per catch

Games played per season

Games played since 2014

I mean Sammy is probably better than Jerry Rice!

LMAO...and you say this why? Facts or blind dislike of TT? Sammy is the 4th in the entire NFL since entering the league in YPC...why, because TT has no problem connecting with Sammy when he is healthy, and that includes deep. Sammy was one of the most productive WRs in the NFL while healthy catching passes for TT. Had OBJ been here, there is no reason to believe he wouldn't have still put up good seasons other than to just make blind statements that disregard facts.

His YPC is nice. these two are different guys. Sammy gets over he top, obj can but his forte is yards after catch.

OK let's dispell this myth about Sammy and Tyrod's second half of the season. Remember the KC Game? Sammy had 140+yds in the first half. The second half didn't even get one look. The Houston game Sammy had 2 catches for over 100yds. The only game that Tyrod really hooked up with Sammy on a consistent basis is the last game against the Jets. Other then that their chemistry was over stated by the yds Sammy was getting off of a few catches. And that's why his average was so high. But let's highlight the fact that it took 8 games for Tyrod to realize he had a great receiver at his disposal. Don't let that so called second half of the season fool you. The hype was basically off of Sammy ability. Tyrod still didn't target him like he was a #1 receiver. Sammy just made the best of the opportunities he did get, which was very few for a guy with his talent. Including that second half. Look it up I dare you Edited by Cherrybone

The idiocy to me defies logic that posters think they can get other posters to stop discussing what they do not agree with.

hqdefault.jpg

Word. Thaaaaank you. This is a message board not Simon says. It's like certain posters really feel that your opinion have to be the same as theirs and if not you have to face an onslaught of insults. When I post I use my own phone or laptop never used any of theirs. So what's the problem???? Edited by Cherrybone

Has Watkins lead the league in any category they keep for WRs in any year as a Bill? Has he even come close? His time in Buffalo is very over rated by the fans. Time was right for the trade in my opinion. He was't the major player people wanted him to be when he was drafted.

League leaders in WR categories tend to play with good NFL QBs ( there are always exceptions). And on offenses that actually throw the ball once in awhile, while targeting their best WR often. He showed what he could do when they actually threw his way. He had some injury issues. It's not like the guy was always thrown to , never missed any time, and still failed to produce. It's hard to say a guy that took so much flack from fans was overrated. His time here was mostly waiting for what could have been,for various reasons. That's about it.

and explaining the trade to non-football draft-obsessed fans.

Yes still pissed and explain to people why Watkins was traded so the new regime can roll the dice on another draft pick and the lunacy.

Yes reading threads and people just refuse to get over the fact Watkins was drafted 4th and that it is somehow his fault.

When healthy and targeted Watkins definitely lived up to the #4 pick (and yes OBJ I'm convinced would be called a bust in Buffalo with the Bills Offensive playbook).

So friends (non Bills or obsessed fans) ask why he was traded and I say the following.

The "Brain trust" (yes sarcasm) refused to extend him for a 5th year based on his injuries and didn't want to keep him since there is no doubt if healthy he is a star and thus the Bills wouldn't pay him.

So the Bills aren't tanking and definitely got worse for 2017 from the trade(s) and as fans we can blissfully hope to hit the jackpot in the draft next year.

The idiocy to me defies logic.

Idiocy would be keeping him and paying him 13/14 million with Tyrod at QB.. that's idiocy

This! Sammy is better than OBJ at just about everything !! With just a few expections:

Probowl selections

Rookie of the year awards

TDs/GM

Yards/game

Catches/game

Catch radius

Yards after catch

YAC per catch

Games played per season

Games played since 2014

I mean Sammy is probably better than Jerry Rice!

Except, you conveniently factor in the hurt games where Sammy "played' but wasn't healthy. If you look at when sammy was healthy, its a different picture.

Sammy rookie year he caught passes from Orton and EJ...BIG advantage OBJ in that department.

Sammy 2nd year, he wasn't healthy due to a big rib shot and didn't get healthy until after the bye week. And over those last 9 games healthy he outperformed OBJ with TT on a run first offense while OBJ played with a 2 time SB winning QB that passed constantly.

Sammy 3rd year, might as well as missed 14 games because he wasn't healthy really until week 15 and even then he played through pain.

So when both have been healthy, Sammy has done better, been more consistent, and did it on a running team with a guy you say sucks at QB.

But then again, if people looked at context and the reality of the scenario this wouldn't be TSW.