Complete the tank, McBean. Do it.

I honestly think that Beane Could trade Dareus for a 1st rounder McCoy for a 2nd.

That would give the Buffalo Bills buku draft picks in 2018.

1)

1)

1)

2)

2)

2)

3)

3)

3) possible compensatory pick

Talk about a team rebuild!

I honestly think that Beane Could trade Dareus for a 1st rounder McCoy for a 2nd.

1)

1)

1)

2)

2)

2)

3)

3)

The salary cap says "hello".

1)

1)

1)

2)

2)

2)

3)

3)

Team Rebuild? Do yo know what the odds are of hitting on a player in the draft? If you did, then you would realize that all those picks are more than likely to amount to a few solid starters at best. You hope to hit big and get a Pro Bowler or two, but thats NOT easy because predicting the future is impossible.

The odds of a player being a Pro Bowl player from the first round is WELL BELOW 50%. The odds of a 2nd round player being a Pro Bowler, significantly lower than that. 3rd round even worse...you see a pattern here? But all of a sudden everyone thinks we can replace one of the best DT's, best RB's, get a franchise QB, replace an Elite WR, replace a talented DB who was only 23, and STILL also FILL all the other holes we had before we started trading all our players away in one stupid draft because we got a few more low percentage chances to draft a few more prospects????

How is it no one understands how unbelievably unreasonable and unlikely to accomplish even part of that is?

1)

1)

1)

2)

2)

2)

3)

3)

No one is trading for Dareus monster contract.

No, the argument for trading Watkins is that he was gonna cost to much/not resign here so we might as well get some return opposed to just letting him walk

yeah, same basic idea. Trade him before he's gone - Watkins leaves as a FA, Shady retires (or gets cut). Applying the Watkins rationale to Shady, let's trade him to the Bengals for Jeremy Hill and a 3rd.

yeah, same basic idea. Trade him before he's gone - Watkins leaves as a FA, Shady retires (or gets cut). Applying the Watkins rationale to Shady, let's trade him to the Bengals for Jeremy Hill and a 3rd.

I think you should put down the pipe if you think any team will give the Bills more than a seventh round pick for McCoy. A 3d and a starting RB?😆

It's not that he's not good, but he's a nearly 30 year old RB with a history of injuries. He's also not the type of bruising, north-south runner most team's prefer nowadays. And he's on a huge contract.

I think you should put down the pipe if you think any team will give the Bills more than a seventh round pick for McCoy. A 3d and a starting RB?

It's not that he's not good, but he's a nearly 30 year old RB with a history of injuries. He's also not the type of bruising, north-south runner most team's prefer nowadays. And he's on a huge contract.

ridiculous cliche...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFvPjHAPYA4

I think it would be fair to Shady to let him play his remaining years on a contender, so I would be OK with a trade. A starting running back and a 3rd is a good first request by the Bills. Then when the GM stops laughing they can start negotiating. I'b be ecstatic if they could get a 2nd for Shady given his age, how much he has been used, and his current contract. More likely a 3rd without the starting RB is what I would guess the Bills could expect.

At this point I really do not care. If we can't or are not going to sign McCoy Hughes etc.. next year then trade them now and get useful assets for the future.

But at some point the bills are going to have to stick with a coach and GM thru the thin no matter what.

At this point I really do not care. If we can't or are not going to sign McCoy Hughes etc.. next year then trade them now and get useful assets for the future.

But at some point the bills are going to have to stick with a coach and GM thru the thin no matter what.

Hughes is signed through 2019 and he certainly seems to be playing up to his contract so I'm not sure what all the "should we re-sign him or not" discussion is about. He would be 32 years old when his deal ends or we could give him a short extension after 2018 if he's still playing well. Seems pretty team friendly with his roster bonuses so I don't know why anyone would want to change anything now.

I think it would be fair to Shady to let him play his remaining years on a contender, so I would be OK with a trade. A starting running back and a 3rd is a good first request by the Bills. Then when the GM stops laughing they can start negotiating. I'b be ecstatic if they could get a 2nd for Shady given his age, how much he has been used, and his current contract. More likely a 3rd without the starting RB is what I would guess the Bills could expect.

Probably depends on how desperate they are. If it's a contender and their starting RB goes down, they might give up a high pick

How come we still have dead cap when we trade a player? Why isn't it like baseball where the new team takes over the contract?

CBF

That's why he's more tradeable! Seriously, the dead cap # is irrelevant - the Bills will remain under the cap and don't have to pay any actual money. It's a fictitious number.

How come we still have dead cap when we trade a player? Why isn't it like baseball where the new team takes over the contract?

CBF

You keep the cap hit for money that has already been paid IIRC. Any money yet to be paid would go to the new team with the trade.