Tyrod Taylor Film Session vs. Eagles

cover1

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was narcissistic to change the offensive playbook when it was a top 10 scoring offense last season

It's almost as if McD already knew he wanted to get his own QB next year that fits the WCO he wants to run. If he really wanted to commit to Tyrod and put him in a position to succeed then he probably wouldn't be trying to make him do things he's clearly not good at.

I don't know what to tell you other than Tyrod will 100% be the starter all year unless he gets hurt. You can B word about it, or you can root for the guy to win some games even with all the obstacles thrown his way. I will always root for the starter to succeed.

McD and Dennison forcing Tyrod to run a timing offense is similar to Rex dropping Dareus into coverage.

I do hope Dennison is saving a lot of the pocket-moving aspect of this offense for the regular season and is forcing Taylor to throw from the pocket now just to work on the worse part of his game.

The 2nd preseason game against the Eagles was not a fun one to watch. Specifically, the starting offense. They were downright horrendous. Besides a couple runs that were ripped off, they struggled. Taylor struggled with accuracy, the offensive line couldn't pass block and it just seemed like they were never in rhythm. So we figured we would turn on the film and try to ease some of your anxiety about the QB position. I know a lot of you are calling for Peterman to play. I was high on Peterman coming out of college and I don't think that time has reached us. I also think that what we have seen from the offense is even remotely close to the offense we will see week one. Just watch us break down every throw from the game vs. the Eagles. You will see several of the same run and pass concepts, thats what vanilla offense is.

Give it a look and let us know what you think.

Trouble viewing? Open in Youtube.

Please subscribe to our podcast Locked On Bills and leave a review, thanks for all of your support!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/8-18-17-tyrod-taylor-film-room-session/id1145479962?i=1000391221961&mt=2

You like tormenting yourself?

Shady was decent in pass pro last year, maybe it's a preseason thing. I'm also under the impression that they will cater the offense to Taylor once the real bullets are

flying. This is part of trying to "teach" Taylor to trust his reads and make throws he normally wouldn't, he might have more INT's in the preseason than he does the regular season.

Yea, because getting creamed by a defensive tackle is a great learning experience.

It's almost as if McD already knew he wanted to get his own QB next year that fits the WCO he wants to run. If he really wanted to commit to Tyrod and put him in a position to succeed then he probably wouldn't be trying to make him do things he's clearly not good at.

Ok, a bit of stretch. You don't actually improve unless you actually work on your weaknesses. Tyrod has been hitting a lot of receivers in the middl of the field in practice....also something he wasn't good at.

Edited by Rockinon

Im intrested to see how Taylor response. Seems like the only wr hes had any chemistry with was Watkins. Zay looks like he can play. Taylor needs to build trust and chemistry with him quickly. At this point no clue what kind of impact Matthews can provide. The passing offense is nothing more than a work in progress.

gives a great perspective of Tyrod's night and how ....yes, he made at least 3-4 mistakes overall but to see that o-line disintegrate from all the Schwartz blitzes was disheartening to say the least... point being it wasn't all on Tyrod. Little more gameplanning for Baltimore and I think some improvement will emerge.. Ty's the starter one way or another, great work Erik and crew

Thanks, there were def some highs and lows in his game and the O as a whole.

McD and Dennison forcing Tyrod to run a timing offense is similar to Rex dropping Dareus into coverage.

I think the west coast offense and timing narrative is all BS. We saw Tyrod run a similar version of this playbook under Lynn last season. A lot of the same concepts he is going to run this season. The biggest difference will be the playaction and rollouts, something Lynn scaled back on last season

I do hope Dennison is saving a lot of the pocket-moving aspect of this offense for the regular season and is forcing Taylor to throw from the pocket now just to work on the worse part of his game.

I would bet the farm that is the case, I mean he didn't rollout out TT at all last game

I agree the best should start. That is why I was upset when the staff hated on Cardale which at least has an upside in year 2. For a washed out Yates, a rook and a TT of 7 years in the league who has started two years in a row to look this bad. Most of the time that there is a starting QB that looks this bad they do not end the season as a starter. But with this staff who knows.

You do realize C. Jones has looked horrible with his new team right?

jesus your posts are seriously just for humor purposes

I don't know what to tell you other than Tyrod will 100% be the starter all year unless he gets hurt. You can B word about it, or you can root for the guy to win some games even with all the obstacles thrown his way. I will always root for the starter to succeed.

How can you say that when they pulled him for the final game last year to see what EJ could do? They will do the same thing this year if/when they're out of the playoffs.

I'll even go on record saying that they'll start Peterman the first game after they're knocked out of the playoffs. Not wait until the final game of the season.

Edited by Doc

How can you say that when they pulled him for the final game last year to see what EJ could do? They will do the same thing this year if/when they're out of the playoffs.

I'll even go on record saying that they'll start Peterman the first game after they're knocked out of the playoffs. Not wait until the final game of the season.

The final game of the season was technically the first game after we were eliminated last year.

The final game of the season was technically the first game after we were eliminated last year.

Seriously? I thought they were eliminated weeks earlier.

how do u know our def is average at best

He doesn't.

Seriously? I thought they were eliminated weeks earlier.

He doesn't.

It was also due to injury clause in Tyrod's contract last year, if he got hurt in that game they would have to pay him etc. I could see that again this year in the last game or two if we are way out of the playoff race and they don't want to risk injury.

You do realize C. Jones has looked horrible with his new team right?

jesus your posts are seriously just for humor purposes

once again he is a sophomore? He could still learn. Plus he didn't throw 2 int. TT once again has been in the league for nearly a decade and is still looking average at best. That is the difference.

... I'll even go on record saying that they'll start Peterman the first game after they're knocked out of the playoffs. Not wait until the final game of the season.

so, if i were reading between the lines here, your saying Peterman will start the season opener?