I've been thinking...thoughts?

McBean

Honestly, why not roll out Peterman every game this season and see what he has?

Hear me out...I'm NOT saying he's a franchise guy. However, what's the upside to starting Taylor?

Jeremy White brought something similar like this up this AM and it really hit me.

We know what we have with Tyrod. IMO, he's a RB playing QB. Tyrod might lead us to 7 wins this season. So that brings up this...what does 6-10 or 7-9 get us? Not only will we miss out on a top QB prospect, but the playoffs as well.

With Peterman, there is ZERO risk. 2 points.

1. Peterman shines and looks great as a rookie. Result: use picks to build around him especially OL.

2. Peterman looks awful. Result: Top 3 pick.

So the above scenarios are zero risk to the downside and 100% to the upside. With Taylor however, we are taking a huge risk. We all know it, TT isn't leading this team to a conference or division title. Why not depart NOW and make this season fun seeing what a young QB like Peterman can do? If it works, great. If not, hello Allen, Darnold, or Rosen.

Let's have a friendly debate and hear everybody's thoughts.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hear me out...I'm NOT saying he's a franchise guy. However, what's the upside to starting Taylor?

Jeremy White brought something similar like this up this AM and it really hit me.

We know what we have with Tyrod. IMO, he's a RB playing QB. Tyrod might lead us to 7 wins this season. So that brings up this...what does 6-10 or 7-9 get us? Not only will we miss out on a top QB prospect, but the playoffs as well.

With Peterman, there is ZERO risk. 2 points.

1. Peterman shines and looks great as a rookie. Result: use picks to build around him especially OL.

2. Peterman looks awful. Result: Top 3 pick.

So the above scenarios are zero risk to the downside and 100% to the upside. With Taylor however, we are taking a huge risk. We all know it, TT isn't leading this team to a conference or division title. Why not depart NOW and make this season fun seeing what a young QB like Peterman can do? If it works, great. If not, hello Allen, Darnold, or Rosen.

Let's have a friendly debate and hear everybody's thoughts.

Even though he won't be around next year, I enjoy watching TT play. As fans we have suffered through years of terrible QB play and to bench the one guy who has shown a glimmer of hope would be a crushing blow to me as a fan. Though you make good arguments for Peterman to get time, myself, as a fan, cannot support this

Because some people actually forked out money to go watch their team win this year.

Its easy to turn the TV off when you are home. It is not easy to throw away tickets that you paid thousands of $$ for.

Because TT is your best QB and gives you the best chance to make the playoffs.

Yep.

Because with our luck, he'll actually have a good season and show just enough flashes of big talent that the Bills won't use their picks next year to get a QB, and then he will absolutely suck for the following 2 years until the Bill's finally realize they had fools gold and release him.

If you're starting Peterman now it would mean you think he gives you the best chance to win. And if that is the case, then isn't it just as probable that he too would lead the team to a 7-9, 8-8 record. Why would the only two scenarios be he takes you to the playoffs or you're a 3-win team? The only thing it would do is give you a better idea if Peterman has the potential moving forward, but you may end up sacrificing quite a bit more---the staff may lose the team, especially the older vets who really want to win now, unless they too really believed that Peterman gave the team a better chance to win.

Edited by folz

Another Tyrod/Peterman thread....

More of a pros cons thread hammer.

I'm just saying if TT is the same guy he's been the past 2 years, 7-9 season is very very bad for this team.

I'm a long term thinker, not short term.

We luck up and get into the playoffs, we get curb stomped first round.

We luck up and get into the playoffs, we get curb stomped first round.

Depends on where it is. I don't care who we're playing, the first home playoff game is going to won be by the fans.

Edited by Acantha

Its really hard to say.

If they believe they have a playoff shot. Tyrod.

If they dont believe they have a playoff shot....it could still be Tyrod.....because they need tickets to sell and some people are very stingy with their money. (I didnt pay to see the Bills lose...Nice try...of course you did...why does anyone not a fan of the pats buy tickets at all then?)

If they wanna believe that Tyrod can have a future here...hes gonna play all 16.

If they are mathematically out. Peterson if Tyrod doesnt play well enough.

Ive given up on Tyrod being a proper passer. Good enough to win...not good enough to franchise. Id start Peterson with an 0-3ish start and let it ride.

Because TT is your best QB and gives you the best chance to make the playoffs.

not saying much with yates and a rookie behind him. yes preseason, but why not look good? he did not look that good. I am a firm believer that you can't base everything off preseason but had he done much better then he did it would of kept the skeptics at bay.

I say if he stinks the joint up against the lowly jets then put the kid in because the season would be a wash anyway.

Yep. Brought to you by another stream of consciousness redundant rambling of an ex-BBMBer.

keep complaining about it, makes you look as bad with your constant whining.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

not saying much with yates and a rookie behind him. yes preseason, but why not look good? he did not look that good. I am a firm believer that you can't base everything off preseason but had he done much better then he did it would of kept the skeptics at bay.

I say if he stinks the joint up against the lowly jets then put the kid in because the season would be a wash anyway.

keep complaining about it, makes you look as bad with your constant whining about it.

Complaining about my complaints make you look good? :lol: