The Bills' D Looks Strong Two Weeks into Preseason

I am very pleased with what I have seen thus far in two practice games from the Bills' defensive unit.

The run D is stout and they're getting good pressure on QBs as well. We're looking at the strength of the team especially early in the season with so many moving parts on offense.

Go Bills!

Going to need to because Dennison is in process of ruining the offense the way Rex did with the defense...be prepared to watch a lot of 13-10, 17-14, 20-16 games this year...Dennison will do less with more the same way Rex did on D.

In large part the offense has looked brutal

Edited by matter2003

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The offense has more talent. They will score points.

They better get the OL and WR corps situated or they wont have much beyond the production of Shady McCoy who's the only big time weapon on offense. I believe it'll be a struggle early on.

Going to need to because Dennison is in process of ruining the offense the way Rex did with the defense...be prepared to watch a lot of 13-10, 17-14, 20-16 games this year...Dennison will do less with more the same way Rex did on D.

In large part the offense has looked brutal

Pray for Glenn's foot, the Bills' coaches to stop the Ducasse experiment, and Matthews broken chest (heart). It could be ugly early on.

And the off cycle continues. D returns to strength while the O regresses.

One of these days they'll both be on the upswing.

Which will be in less than a month. The staple of this offensive passing attack will be play action , we were more vanilla on O than I expected which is why I am not worried about the O regressing. This O runs through Shady, who is a generational talent and looks great. Taylor is an elite runner , LB''s and S will consistently bite.

Look at that Seattle game as a perfect example of what this O should resemble. We had that great D on their toes all game, on the road, because of our run game and PA.

Dennison will put Taylor in favorable passing situations once the real games start. Play action will be a huge part of this attack. Clay and Shady will have a much bigger impact in passing situations.

What we witnessed last night by the O will be night and day from what we see in September.

And yes, this D is back. Forget the names, they look good as a whole, which is all that matters. They look disciplined, decisive and play fast. Tackling has also improved big time.

Deep breath guys.

Wait these guys don't actually plan on starting Ducasse do they?

I pray to God they aren't. I don't understand how he's getting first team snaps still. Was it to prove that he can't cut it? What is Miller doing that they refuse to put him at RG?

Ducasse and Castillo were together in Baltimore. My only guess is Castillo trusts him to do be in the right spot all the time, but what good is that if he's getting run over all the time?

IMO, it all depends on Dareus. He comes to play and we will see a top 10 defense. He doesn't, and look for a bottom half ranking.

Want to see how these defense holds up ONCE schemed against

Want to see how this defense performs ONCE it starts scheming against opponents.

The front 7 looks like a swarming defense. The secondary is going to be a big concern but they look better than I thought they would considering the unproven talent. If White is an impact player, Gaines has a strong year, and Seymour is competent then the team could be good enough in the secondary.

This defense isn't going to be 2014 (I think that defense had a much better secondary) but it could easily push to be a top 10 unit if they don't get hit too hard with injuries.

Yea.

Would've liked to see a Lynn/Bradley combo and see immediate results rather then this semi tear down.

I would rather they cut the crap and blow it up completely and quit half way doing it. That is what has been needed for years

Seems to be another case of coaches forcing players into their scheme as opposed to scheming to the players you have.

The Rex Ryan way of coaching for the offense.

The right way is to have a system and get players that fit it. NE, Pitt, GB never fit their systems to players.

against the run. there was a big hole in the middle of the field in zone coverage and Humber wasn't doing much in the flats

they better sack the QB every play then! the d-line is good but i don't know if they are that good

You do know that sacks are not the be all end all stat here right?

Getting off the field is the most important thing

Yea.

Would've liked to see a Lynn/Bradley combo and see immediate results rather then this semi tear down.

The thing is that I'm not sure Lynn would have brought back the Roman system anyway. That offense was probably toast even though the personnel fit it very, very well

The defense looks good but it's preseason so all non-veteran offenses are struggling to some degree. They did lose their top two cornerbacks and leading tackler from last season so I'm not sure I'm expecting them to be top 10 or anything. We'll see.

Edited by vincec