Cruise Control: Do you use it?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only when I'm on a turnpike without traffic. I am terrified of US police when I drive and never speed to an excessive point in your fine country.

In Canada it's anything goes within reason.

Yeah... And don't pass on the right!

That used to only be a Canadian thing (passing on right)... And now that scourge has caught on like wildfire down here.

;-P

We do have a pet peeves thread for this ! :lol:

But anwser your questions,

95 from NYC to The Outerbanks always crazy from May-September. Saturday even worse than Sunday, as so many rentals run Sat-Sat.

For the most part, you will go and a much faster and consistent pace in the right lane on 95 , trust me on this.

i use cruise control when it makes sense. Mine now even slows down if you get too close to car in front of you.

Consider taking 301 instead of 95 to bypass traffic from Baltimore to Richmond. Like you said, Saturday traffic is crazy, especially on 95 between DC and Richmond. When I go to Wilmington NC I hit a few traffic light slowdowns in LaPlata and Waldorf MD but the rest is smooth sailing.

I can tell that a lot of other drivers do not use CC either, because their speed fluctuates a lot.

It depends on the vehicle brand, but I've had some rentals where the speed would drop 3mph on hills before the cruise would start accelerating.

Yeah... And don't pass on the right!

That used to only be a Canadian thing (passing on right)... And now that scourge has caught on like wildfire down here.

;-P

95% of my driving is the commute to work, 10 miles each way taking about 2 hours in total. Cruise-control?

Consider taking 301 instead of 95 to bypass traffic from Baltimore to Richmond. Like you said, Saturday traffic is crazy, especially on 95 between DC and Richmond. When I go to Wilmington NC I hit a few traffic light slowdowns in LaPlata and Waldorf MD but the rest is smooth sailing.

We did take 301 North on Saturday. Took 11 hours from MB to Reading, but i didn't sit in too much traffic...

I think he means 2 hours for a week.

No, 2 hours every day to drive 20 miles total back and forth.

Subway would be about the same amount of time with all kinds of extra hassles which I can afford to not suffer.

We did take 301 North on Saturday. Took 11 hours from MB to Reading, but i didn't sit in too much traffic...

301 is good, and if you really want to stay away from LaPlata and Waldorf you can catch route 231 right before LaPlata, go to 232, then catch 4/2 north through to Annapolis. I will use that way if coming south from Baltimore during rush hour Monday -Friday going to Richmond.

Never- Can't stand the feeling of the car acc/dec without my input.

Plus, I have a fire-spittin' old ragtop- that and my GF's car are too much fun to drive. )

I cant wait to go driverless

No, 2 hours every day to drive 20 miles total back and forth.

Subway would be about the same amount of time with all kinds of extra hassles which I can afford to not suffer.

You have my condolences. I have dealt with that traffic many times when driving in Toronto on vacation. Fortunately when I worked in Canada I was always able to stay in hotel close to work

Only time I tend to use it is on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge on my way to the Outer Banks. Always multiple cops on the bridge, very easy to start speeding given the nature of the bridge.

Oh, and re: 95. When it's moving you better be going at least 75 or you're a dead man. When it's not moving you're better off with a bicycle.

Edited by That's No Moon