Cruise Control: Do you use it?

I can see that. The Avalon just strikes me as really sleek, spacious, and powerful. I guess a lot of older folks drive them, but am not sure why they don't have a broader appeal. I would get one over a Lexus any day.

You know Lexus is Toyota? Not sure what the Lexus model is the same as the Avalon. All you are paying for is Toyota's luxury division brand (Lexus) & fancy trim package.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know Lexus is Toyota? Not sure what the Lexus model is the same as the Avalon. All you are paying for is Toyota's luxury division brand (Lexus) & fancy trim package.

To be fair, I think the one thing I prefer in the Lexus is that it seems to be a little quieter on the highway.

To be fair, I think the one thing I prefer in the Lexus is that it seems to be a little quieter on the highway.

Well of course... Its luxury. Why it costs more $$$$.

I have a 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport... Yeah, it's a truck. But also having the Cooper S & BMW... I was shocked how "tinny" the Tacoma is. I can see the foam in the front 1/4 fenders when I open door. Still paid 35k! My (now Son's) MINI is such a solid litte vehicle for under 30k. But small.

But... The Tacoma still beats old Jeep TJ. I drive that for a reality check!

Only time I tend to use it is on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge on my way to the Outer Banks. Always multiple cops on the bridge, very easy to start speeding given the nature of the bridge.

Oh, and re: 95. When it's moving you better be going at least 75 or you're a dead man. When it's not moving you're better off with a bicycle.

Good to know you are one of the ones who will be tailgating to try to force people to move faster.

Would be even nicer if you had certified funds for those who speed up and get tickets.

My bumper sticker: I slow for tailgaters and report them

I never used to, but Hubby and I have done a lot of driving around the country the last 12 years, so now I do. Our current vehicle has adaptive cruise control where it slows down if the idgit in front of you suddenly decides to go from 65 to 55 on a whim. If offered in your vehicle, it is worth every single penny to pay up for it.

As an aside... I-95 is the devil. Driving back and forth from Florida we quickly learned routes to get off it asap (SC was by far the worst... always feels like bumper-cars.)

That right-hand pass thing? I swear it started in Utah. I never saw so many people go 10 mph over the speed limit in the right lane, and 10 mph under the speed limit in the left lane, as I did in SLC (and I traveled there for many years).

However, if you want to talk dreadful drivers... Boston. Hands down. When I first learned to drive it wasn't bad in the area. By the time I had turned 30 it had gotten so horrible I refused to drive in metro-Boston area again (that is what I have a husband for).