Nate Peterman Love .. anyone vs. 2018 QB draft??

I mean, I pretty clearly stated he'd need the same level of play he has been providing. You think he needs to take a step forward to stay, I think he can be who he has been and stay. Neither of us think he can regress and stay.

I do think he needs to step forward. Beane especially let us know what he's looking for in a QB.

I think if staying at the same level the last 2 years was it, they wouldn't have restructured his deal in the first place. They didn't want to pay him the money he was owed after the season so they restructured it.

But we will see.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do think he needs to step forward. Beane especially let us know what he's looking for in a QB.

I think if staying at the same level the last 2 years was it, they wouldn't have restructured his deal in the first place. They didn't want to pay him the money he was owed after the season so they restructured it.

But we will see.

To be clear, I don't think plateuing (sp?) keeps him here beyond 2018. But there is no point in jettisoning him and then paying some journeyman to most likely do a worse job than him. If we draft a home run Rook in the first round of 2018 and he beats Ty out in camp that's fine too, then you look for a trade partner or be happy that you have an exceptional backup for a year.

No real evidence of that to this point. How about seeing him play against a higher QoC with more complex coverage schemes?

26 I like what you post most of the time but you are bordering on "Crusade" here.

Go with it man, jump in to the Red White and Blue ..... Hope for the best.

Hell, that's what we ALL wish for in Tyrod.

Based on? He's under contract through the 2018 season.

Contracts can be broken

POTENTIAL OUT: 2018, 1 YR, $14,500,000; $8,640,000 DEAD CAP

I guess we'll have to wait and see. Proclaiming he won't be here is incredibly sill and premature.

who Peterman or Taylor?

We have had 2 full seasons from a guy in the league 6 years. I'm confident in saying He is who we thought he is.

I'd also be very happy to be proven wrong.

IMO, the walk out clause in his contract and the moves we made recently....is writing on the wall.

Is it premature? Probably...it's just my opinion now.

If TT steps up, specifically throwing from within the pocket, my tune will change.

hey man quit stealing my thunder

;);)

Per Bucky Brooks via the Bills app

Nathan Peterman, QB: The fifth-round pick out of Pittsburgh continues to make a favorable impression on his teammates and coaches with his work on the field. He completed 13 of 25 passes for 112 yards and a touchdown against the Vikings, directing one 13-play, 79-yard TD drive that showcased his ability to manage the game. Peterman showed nice touch and anticipation as a rhythm passer, particularly on his 1-yard touchdown to Dezmin Lewis.

Brooks gave Peterman an overall grade of a B. In his first action in the NFL, Peterman looked calm and relaxed in the pocket. Not only was he effective through the air, the noted pocket passer also used his feet. Eluding pressure on many occasions, Peterman effectively led his unit down the field several times.

26 I like what you post most of the time but you are bordering on "Crusade" here.

Go with it man, jump in to the Red White and Blue ..... Hope for the best.

Hell, that's what we ALL wish for in Tyrod.

Contracts can be broken

POTENTIAL OUT: 2018, 1 YR, $14,500,000; $8,640,000 DEAD CAP

who Peterman or Taylor?

We have had 2 full seasons from a guy in the league 6 years. I'm confident in saying He is who we thought he is.

I'd also be very happy to be proven wrong.

hey man quit stealing my thunder

;);)

Crusade? Hardly. I want to see a lot more before anointing him as the next coming. He still has a lot to prove with his next test coming tomorrow. You're trying too hard to see something he has yet to prove or earn.

Nathan Peterman, QB: The fifth-round pick out of Pittsburgh continues to make a favorable impression on his teammates and coaches with his work on the field. He completed 13 of 25 passes for 112 yards and a touchdown against the Vikings, directing one 13-play, 79-yard TD drive that showcased his ability to manage the game. Peterman showed nice touch and anticipation as a rhythm passer, particularly on his 1-yard touchdown to Dezmin Lewis.

Brooks gave Peterman an overall grade of a B. In his first action in the NFL, Peterman looked calm and relaxed in the pocket. Not only was he effective through the air, the noted pocket passer also used his feet. Eluding pressure on many occasions, Peterman effectively led his unit down the field several times.

QB controversy!

JK

a grade against the ones would give a better idea of how good/bad he really is?

preseason will be his only real action and until he faces a full speed nfl defense, grading him in preseason doesn't really amount to much.

Crusade? Hardly. I want to see a lot more before anointing him as the next coming. He still has a lot to prove with his next test coming tomorrow. You're trying too hard to see something he has yet to prove or earn.

Take the blinds off for a bit.

Who said anoint Peterman the next commingling?

You seem to go out of your way to validate your opinion that he'll never be a starter.

a grade against the ones would give a better idea of how good/bad he really is?

preseason will be his only real action and until he faces a full speed nfl defense, grading him in preseason doesn't really amount to much.

Sure would.

What grade did he give Yates I wonder.

Take the blinds off for a bit.

Who said anoint Peterman the next commingling?

You seem to go out of your way to validate your opinion that he'll never be a starter.

Sure would.

What grade did he give Yates I wonder.

Follow your own advice man. Pump the brakes. He looked okay for a 1st time in NFL action. Not great, not terrible.

Some people will never learn, until he proves otherwise (multiple times) he's just the most recent Trent Edwards - Ryan Fitzpatrick, I don't see a reason for overwhelming hope. You Peterman truthers can think Lucy is going to keep the football there this time, but I'm not falling on my back yet again. I don't believe he has the arm talent to be a "franchise" QB. I hope he works out, but to project him as anything but a good backup at this point is a fools errand.

We'll know a lot more tomorrow night. and that's how it should be

Follow your own advice man. Pump the brakes. He looked okay for a 1st time in NFL action. Not great, not terrible.

STOP IT! You know, deep down, he's a mortal lock for the HOF!

(Maybe.... :lol: )

....some interesting historical tidbits in Buffalo QB lore if interested....go back and re-read the pundits' 2004 pre-draft prognostications.....JP Losman was tabbed by many as the "heir apparent gunslinger to Favre going to the Pack"......Donohole jumped the Pack for a boatload and selected him...Jaws chimed in with his QB drool, citing " Losman's intelligence with the football, etc".....many other circumstances why he failed, but those are some key items I remember....next up is Trent Edwards......he was allegedly tied to positive comments by the late HC guru Bill Walsh.......followed by Jaws (AGAIN) citing him as the "real deal", etc.......Losman was a 1st and Edwards was a 3rd......so no matter where they are picked and no matter what the so-called "expert pundits" or ex-NFL player "experts" have to say, they ALL have a ton to prove and it takes TIME....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy