Nate Peterman Love .. anyone vs. 2018 QB draft??

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played well against 3rd stringers. I'm a fan of his but expectations surely need to be limited. If he gets some preseason time against 1st stringers ( which I'm sure he will ) and performs well, then, maybe there is a case.

All of that being said, I think Taylor goes down and Peterman lights it up second half of the season. :)

Played well against 3rd stringers. I'm a fan of his but expectations surely need to be limited. If he gets some preseason time against 1st stringers ( which I'm sure he will ) and performs well, then, maybe there is a case.

All of that being said, I think Taylor goes down and Peterman lights it up second half of the season. :)

He shouldn't get any as it's going to be hard enough as it is for Tyrod to develop chemistry with his all new WR corps.

I won't get ahead of myself and fast forward to next years draft because of one preseason game Peterman had against 3rd stringers.

I WILL say though that it gave me a good reason to watch the 2nd preseason game to see how he does against the 2nd stringers. The kid was definitely worth watching over Yates. But a blind man could of told u that.

He shouldn't get any as it's going to be hard enough as it is for Tyrod to develop chemistry with his all new WR corps.

2CB - my take is that Tyrod and Sammy never had great chemistry. I can't imagine Tyrod was too happy when Sammy complained to the media that he wasn't getting enough targets. And he was limited in pretty much every training camp he was here for with Tyrod. They never had a rapport or any kind of friendly relationship. Tyrod didn't seem too broken up to lose him to be honest.

2CB - my take is that Tyrod and Sammy never had great chemistry. I can't imagine Tyrod was too happy when Sammy complained to the media that he wasn't getting enough targets. And he was limited in pretty much every training camp he was here for with Tyrod. They never had a rapport or any kind of friendly relationship. Tyrod didn't seem too broken up to lose him to be honest.

You must not remember the great results they both enjoyed as a duo after Sammy went public in 2015.

I won't get ahead of myself and fast forward to next years draft because of one preseason game Peterman had against 3rd stringers.

I WILL say though that it gave me a good reason to watch the 2nd preseason game to see how he does against the 2nd stringers. The kid was definitely worth watching over Yates. But a blind man could of told u that.

I keep thinking back to one throw he made at camp yesterday (I was there). He had pressure in his face and it looked to me like he got happy feet for a second. He threw the ball and I thought he had let it get away from him, but in fact it was a perfect throw to a receiver running an out route. To my eyes the ball was thrown before the receiver made his break, and this was with pressure in Peterman's face. It was right next to the sideline where only his receiver could catch it.

I am just about positive Tyrod would have turned and ran for 3-4 yards in the same situation. Peterman had a 12 yard or so completion for a 1st. This coming from someone who really likes Tyrod.

No chance, the Bills aren't getting all of this draft capital to build around a guy that they passed on like 5 times in the draft. That should tell you how confident they are in him becoming the guy.

Ask the Pats about that...seems they abandoned their $100M QB and built around a rookie named Brady they and other teams passed on MORE than Peterman.

No disrespect, but this is the kind of things that drives me bonkers. I am going to put this in all caps, NOT to yell, but emphasize the importance of this next line:

ONCE YOU ARE ON AN NFL ROSTER, IT NO LONGER MATTERS HOW YOU GOT THERE, ALL THAT MATTERS IS WHAT YOU DO ON THE FIELD. I mean 2 of the best to ever play, Brady and Warner, both would be after thoughts based on your comments. Former Bill, Jason Peters, is another if you want one that hits closer to home. The list is a mile long of guys who were mid to low round picks, or UDFA, that went on to be great. Everyone always DROOLS when we pick up extra picks, even 4th and 5th rounders, and yet when we draft guy with those picks, most everyone quickly dismisses them as after thoughts because of WHERE they were drafted, not what they do on the field.

That does NOT mean I am saying Peterman is going to be the next Brady, or even an NFL starter for that matter. What I am saying is it does not matter what round we took him in, the only thing that matters is what he does in camp, practice, and on the field from here on out. If the kid shows he can play, he will get his shot plain and simple. So this notion that just because we have all this draft capital we wont consider Peterman if he keeps impressing is just absurd.

PS: Trust me when I say that the FO, McD and every single player, office personnel, owner, scout etc would LOVVVVVEEE nothing more than for Taylor or Peterman show them enough that they don't have to waste all those assets to get just one prospect who may or may not work out. They would love to build a ROSTER of talent with all those assets if one of our guys goes out and earns the job past this year. However, if they don't (and I realize most people think neither will), they are armed to the teeth to get the next guy next year.

I hadn't seen the game before reading the posts on Friday and I was disappointed most of them were at the most so so about Peterman. Then I watched the game, I thought he did really well. The biggest knock on him was arm strength not accuracy, mobility, bad tem guy, not a leader. I know he is no Montana but, read the pre-draft Montana reviews and arm strength was not a strength of his. He went in the 3rd round, he ended up OK.

I keep thinking back to one throw he made at camp yesterday (I was there). He had pressure in his face and it looked to me like he got happy feet for a second. He threw the ball and I thought he had let it get away from him, but in fact it was a perfect throw to a receiver running an out route. To my eyes the ball was thrown before the receiver made his break, and this was with pressure in Peterman's face. It was right next to the sideline where only his receiver could catch it.

I am just about positive Tyrod would have turned and ran for 3-4 yards in the same situation. Peterman had a 12 yard or so completion for a 1st. This coming from someone who really likes Tyrod.

Nice!

Ask the Pats about that...seems they abandoned their $100M QB and built around a rookie named Brady they and other teams passed on MORE than Peterman.

No disrespect, but this is the kind of things that drives me bonkers. I am going to put this in all caps, NOT to yell, but emphasize the importance of this next line:

ONCE YOU ARE ON AN NFL ROSTER, IT NO LONGER MATTERS HOW YOU GOT THERE, ALL THAT MATTERS IS WHAT YOU DO ON THE FIELD. I mean 2 of the best to ever play, Brady and Warner, both would be after thoughts based on your comments. Former Bill, Jason Peters, is another if you want one that hits closer to home. The list is a mile long of guys who were mid to low round picks, or UDFA, that went on to be great. Everyone always DROOLS when we pick up extra picks, even 4th and 5th rounders, and yet when we draft guy with those picks, most everyone quickly dismisses them as after thoughts because of WHERE they were drafted, not what they do on the field.

That does NOT mean I am saying Peterman is going to be the next Brady, or even an NFL starter for that matter. What I am saying is it does not matter what round we took him in, the only thing that matters is what he does in camp, practice, and on the field from here on out. If the kid shows he can play, he will get his shot plain and simple. So this notion that just because we have all this draft capital we wont consider Peterman if he keeps impressing is just absurd.

PS: Trust me when I say that the FO, McD and every single player, office personnel, owner, scout etc would LOVVVVVEEE nothing more than for Taylor or Peterman show them enough that they don't have to waste all those assets to get just one prospect who may or may not work out. They would love to build a ROSTER of talent with all those assets if one of our guys goes out and earns the job past this year. However, if they don't (and I realize most people think neither will), they are armed to the teeth to get the next guy next year.

Well said man... There are 10s of players every year that are drafted in the 3rd round or worse that become GREAT players. QB is just the tougher one to find in those rounds but it definitely doesn't count Peterman out.

All I am reading today is the draft capital to get a QB in next year's draft .... is it just me or did no one like what Nate showed on Thursday? First drive as a pro ... drove down the field and scored ... in the fourth scrambled for good 1st downs .. and then hit Taiwan Jones perfectly on 4th down on the 5 yard line .. but he turned his head to run and dropped the ball ...likely could of been game tying score.

This kid went to Clemson last year and beat #1 in a shootout against D. Watson ... I like what I saw and yes only one game and yes against 2nd/3rd string .. but certainly better than what I saw from Yates vs. the Vikes ... but given the lack of comments and I am island?

Yep you are.

Think Matt Moore when looking at Nate. That is his ceiling and nothing wrong with that.

Cousin's was a 4th rounder and was franchised twice.

Somehow my point got lost here. Tyrod Taylor will be the QB this year barring an injury or a trade. Peterman may end up as the number 2. If Tyrod plays this year and they decide to move on do you really believe that they will be turning the reigns over to Peterman with little to no NFL experience? They have loaded up draft assets for a loaded QB draft class. They aren't going to pass up on those guys unless they see Peterman play extremely well over a multiple game stretch. He won't have an opportunity.

It has nothing to do with draft position and everything to do with opportunity. The point about passing on him 5 times was in reference to the level of confidence that they had in him. They would need a substantial change of heart to be comfortable enough to say, "we are going to move on from Tyrod and not draft a QB and hand the keys to Peterman." That doesn't mean that they don't like him. It just means that it will be tough to believe that they like him enough to skip over the opportunity in the 2018 draft for a guy with no starts that they drafted in the 5th round the prior year.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

26 I don't know you're football background, but bagging a guy so early on and insisting you are right imo is the one who is too excited, Kid looks decent so far and who knows. Still think Bill should draft a QB in 2018 regardless, but slotting Peterman as a bkup just shows me you like your opinion and stick to it no matter what. At this point I'm at show me, but let it happen before you go all in one way or another.

26 I don't know you're football background, but bagging a guy so early on and insisting you are right imo is the one who is too excited, Kid looks decent so far and who knows. Still think Bill should draft a QB in 2018 regardless, but slotting Peterman as a bkup just shows me you like your opinion and stick to it no matter what. At this point I'm at show me, but let it happen before you go all in one way or another.

Bagging on him? I bagged on Tim Tebow and Johnny Manziel because they were not NFL caliber. My assessment that he's a career backup isn't bagging on him. He could prove me wrong and I'd be happy about it.

I just watched Peterman's snaps from the Vikes game for the 5th time.

What stood out to me was:

-He threw with anticipation and was pretty accurate. The throws that were not accurate were mostly related to pressure/really bad pass protection. The Vikes brought several blitzes.

-He gets the ball out quickly and decisively. Put in the exact same situation Peterman was in...I don't know if any other QB on this roster goes 52% completion %.

-He threw with pretty good zip and didn't have to force it (Fitz putting his whole body into it) to do so.

-His feet were better than expected.

I'm not ready to anoint him yet, but I am really looking forward to seeing him on Thursday.