RODAK: Watkins Trade Sets Up TT To Fail

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A winning record with some really nice stats. yeah , his career is done. SMH. he is a low end starter and an elite backup. But he's done because you and a couple of others have a strange hatred for the man.

Don't think he's done .. he will be an outstanding backup.

Do we? I thought definitive statements like these were not allowed or else someone jumps down your throat. Or this that only when referring to the QB?

Do we know for sure? Nope. But it was pretty likely. I was thinkin about this season as if Sammy would not be playing 16 games and I'm glad Beane basically did the same. We traded up for a receiver and signed Boldin. And now we got Matthews. If Tyrod needs an elite receiver playing at an elite level to be successful he isn't worth it anymore. We have a nice collection of receivers now let's see what we do this year.

....this is his "make it or break it" year under Dennison's tutelage IMO, even if Sammy is gone.....Rodgers lost Nelson last year and ran the table after 4-6.........a good QB still finds others in his receiving corp even if his "go to" guy is out....

nelson started all 16 games last year..... and using one of the best of all time for your argument isnt the best example I don't think. nobody is expecting taylor to be that good but its pretty well known as long as he has his starters in there he can be a real solid qb.

He's right.

First they took his 10 mil, now they take the top wideout.

2-4 win season. Hooray for Hinkie.

Not very often I agree with him, but.... yup.

Agree wit you all. It would be great to see Tyrod use Jones n Clay as his top 2 targets. After these moves its obvious it doesnt matter. This will be his last season here the new mcderm plan is clear.

Gotta pay the troll toll, to get inside of Goffs.. well.

If you've seen Always ☀️, uk where I'm going.

That was a really good episode.

Im not a fan of tanking. This smells like a tank job. Not sure Shady or Tyrod survives the next 3 weeks on the roster. I dont wanna sit thru a season of tank games.

How many do you think we would win had we not made the trades and stood Pat?

Matthews is far from reliable with his stone hands. He may be on the field but as a Philly fan you will see how bad he really is

Uhh...Sammy had 2 drops to 28 receptions last season. Matthews had 6 drops on 73 receptions...That doesn't seem like a crazy difference..

6 with Tyrod. 10 with a qb who can read defenses. 2-4 now, really have no interest in the season now tbh.

So let me get this right...

you believed that with sammy they'd have won 6 games?

And trading him now for good value has you upset?

You're on tilt man, have a beer. :beer:

nelson started all 16 games last year..... and using one of the best of all time for your argument isnt the best example I don't think. nobody is expecting taylor to be that good but its pretty well known as long as he has his starters in there he can be a real solid qb.

....apology about Jordy in 2017......meant 2016......not comparing TT to Aaron.......just saying you CAN find a way to make good with others in your receiving gang.........

So let me get this right...

you believed that with sammy they'd have won 6 games?

And trading him now for good value has you upset?

You're on tilt man, have a beer. :beer:

Pick 40, turned into the next Brandon Weeden makes the team better ?

Sammy is a solid weapon for the new qb too. Oh well.

Bills gonna Bills.

Stepping back for a second to think about Elite WRs, how often are they the catalysts for winning?

Jerry Rice is obviously a big YES!

Randy Moss?

TO?

Megatron?

Andre Johnson?

Larry Fitzgerald?

AJ Green?

Julio Jones?

All these guys were/are Elite talents at the WR position... did any really serve as the catalyst to put the team over the hump?

Maybe Elite WRs who demand the ball (through play or words) aren't the best thing for the team, after all 0:)

Edited by transplantbillsfan

Anyone who is touting Matthews because of his stats have never watched him play. He was given more opportunity to make plays and failed a lot. There was talk he might be their #4 wr this year.

Yeah, if the Eagles thought very highly of Matthews, they wouldn't have brought in Alshon Jeffrey and Torrey Smith as free agents and drafted two other wide receivers.