What if Tyrod emerges as a franchise QB?

Watkins101

Not getting McCarron. Had that chance and blew it. Watched him at 'Bama and knew he would be good.

taylor has a better chance of getting his clock cleaned behind this O line or on a one read and run scramble than ever becoming elite.

...never understood why the OBD brain trusts did not take a flier on McCarron in the 4th....nothing flashy, but a cerebral steady Eddie game manager.....or why not Dalton in the 2nd out of TCU?.....THE most mismanaged position since Kelly era bar NONE IMO.......apparently, the position has no relevance on the field (COUGH).....TT is 7 years in the league and yes, only 2 years starting.....but his emergence as a franchise QB equates to the law of diminishing returns.....perhaps a steady starting QB but franchise QB (whatever the hell THAT means) is not in his future IMO....still struggles with processing/read/spotting receivers fundamentals......and the good ones overcome injuries, trades, retirements, suspensions, etc anyway........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What!?!?

IF, and it is a huuuuuge IF, Taylor "shows he's a franchise QB", he isn't going anywhere. Franchise QBs DON'T change teams unless they are yet to show it, or are in the twilight of their career. It just doesn't happen.

It is a very huge IF but Taylor isn't the QB that Beane wants. He specifically stated he wants a guy that can step up and throw from the pocket.

Taylor has more of a chance becoming a franchise QB of remaining an athlete as a QB where he can scramble and move around outside the pocket. Vick was labeled a franchise QB twice with 2 different teams and got the big contract because of it. When I think possibility of Taylor becoming a franchise QB....it's not a pocket passer.

That's where I'm coming from.

What if Tyrod actually emerges and is good this year. What will we do with all that draft capital. If Tyrod does become that franchise qb, what are we going to do?

Implying that a franchise QB devalues draft picks is ridiculous.

"If" is fun, if my aunt had a penis, she would be my uncle.

Hahahahahahahahahaaaaaa,

Thank you this is by far the funnest response on this thread concerning the impossible chance of Tyrod becoming anything other then the backup from Baltimore he was drafted as.

Trade the two 1st for the best WR in the draft. Tyrod will need a good target.

Then draft the best CB available

Championship

Uhh, yeah, we tried that already. See Sammy Watkins.

The amount of crap this guy takes on this board is crazy. Tyrod is not the problem on this team. There's a middle ground between being a first ballot Hall of famer and garbage.

The guy is entering his third year of actually playing. His third offensive coordinator too. The offense was top 10 in points last year and he played with scrubs at WR2 for pretty much the whole year.

Now he's being asked to qb an offense that doesn't play to his strengths with one of the worst receiver groups in the league. He's being set up to fail. He likely will. But even if he doesn't, there will still be many people out there wanting to run him out of town. Too bad he's not a few inches taller and white. He'd be a God in Buffalo already.

Then we trade a few picks for Christian Kirk. I definitely have a hard on for that dudes skill set. He's a can't miss superstar imo

The amount of crap this guy takes on this board is crazy. Tyrod is not the problem on this team. There's a middle ground between being a first ballot Hall of famer and garbage.

The guy is entering his third year of actually playing. His third offensive coordinator too. The offense was top 10 in points last year and he played with scrubs at WR2 for pretty much the whole year.

Now he's being asked to qb an offense that doesn't play to his strengths with one of the worst receiver groups in the league. He's being set up to fail. He likely will. But even if he doesn't, there will still be many people out there wanting to run him out of town. Too bad he's not a few inches taller and white. He'd be a God in Buffalo already.

Tyrod isn't the "the problem". The problem regarding what? Why we didn't make the playoffs last year? If so, I agree. He wasn't "the problem". The defense was the biggest problem. Rex's decisions/schem and our penalties were another big problem. Tyrods inability to convert 3rd downs when we needed them most were a problem.

If the topic were winning a super bowl, I'd say Tyrod is our biggest problem. I can't see under any circumstance that he could lead us to a championship. Give him an all time defense and maybe he can win a few games. Just don't see him quarterback any team to a title. So if winning the championship was the criteria, I would consider Tyrod "the problem"

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

What if Tom Brady said he wanted to be the Bills QB.

seemed most fans thought Rex became a genius the second he signed with the Bills, after they mocked him for being a clown his entire stint with the Jets