Bills trade Sammy Watkins to Rams for CB Gaines, 2nd rd pick

Roundybout

How about Ragland since it appears he may not be suited for a 4-3 defense?

Beane was very cagey when directly asked about Ragland. Wouldn't be a surprise at all. Would be nice if Ragland put together a decent series against the 2's.

I disagree with this. A healthy Sammy impacts the entire game. He's the only guy on the roster to stretch the field. That pulls the safeties away from the line and opens the middle for Clay and the running game. In addition he requires help at all times leaving others singled. Watkins presence influences every play even if the ball isn't thrown in his direction.

while this is all true, we dont use Clay or the middle of the field anyways. :)

And what's with this "scheme fit" nonsense? Who was it who decided to bring in coaches with schemes that are apparently so inflexible we have to trade away our best young players?

I'm telling you this is madness. And Beane is naive if he thinks Terry has the patience for a four year rebuild. Not a chance.

And what's with this "scheme fit" nonsense? Who was it who decided to bring in coaches with schemes that are apparently so inflexible we have to trade away our best young players?

I'm telling you this is madness. And Beane is naive if he thinks Terry has the patience for a four year rebuild. Not a chance.

Pegs is more than happy to do it. I think he would rather do it with the right people, though.

All indications are that Pegulas were fully involved in the discussions

Gilmore was a #10 and Watkins, while a second round pick, was our first pick of that draft. That is a lot of resources to waste, in addition to the first rounder this year. KJ, does that amaze you? ;)

Ha ha, we don't pick DBs at a higher percentage than other teams. Someone had posted the stats a while ago of team, position and round. I think that you just feel that we always take DBs because you hate them. You are to DBs as Mike Golic is to QBs. Tre White is going to be a stud.

:lol:

Not like he played because he missed 13 of 48 games--does that not mean that he played in 35 of 48 games? Which is more--13 or 35?

In how many of those games was he playing hobbled? Between his chest injury and his ankle he was gator-arming passes or just not able to get open a lot. People who use stats that mask reality always have an agenda in mind.

Now the Bills will hit the 20 year mark without Playoffs and possibly the 25mark. Beane, pack your bags cuz i could have made better trades than you, you baphoon.

This is my favorite post of this thread and should be part of the title. Such BAPHOONery

All indications are that Pegulas were fully involved in the discussions

Oh I'm sure that is the case. But I doubt Terry has the discipline to see this through. No way Beane and McD survive this.

lol wut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Per Beane, the first he told McD and Pegs about the trade plans was last night after the game.

My recollection is that he told McD after the game, and Pegulas were informed of interest earlier