Mitch Trubisky's debut...wow

eball

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He did look fine, but consider the environment.

The issues with preseason evaluation are very well known.

Remember when Aaron Maybin got sacks in the preseason?

No. I don't remember Aaron Maybin getting sacks at all, ever.

Preseason - particularly the early games - is good for evaluating individual athletic abilities. Trubisky's clearly got a good, accurate arm, good footwork, and decent vision. But let's see how he does with a real game plan against a real defensive scheme that's game-planned for him (instead of the vanilla scheme the Broncos half-assed their way through last night.)

People on here need to slow down. Mitch looked good however did anyone notice he starting playing in the second quarter and played the rest of the game. Also he had Victor Cruz to throw to in the 4th quarter as well. Our old receiver Donte Thompson looked good as well and was playing into the 4th as well.

I never saw a QBplay almost the whole game in the game let alone the 1st preseason game. He made some good EASY throws but lets pump the breaks from putting him in the HOF after his 1st preseason game.

No. I don't remember Aaron Maybin getting sacks at all, ever.

Preseason - particularly the early games - is good for evaluating individual athletic abilities. Trubisky's clearly got a good, accurate arm, good footwork, and decent vision. But let's see how he does with a real game plan against a real defensive scheme that's game-planned for him (instead of the vanilla scheme the Broncos half-assed their way through last night.)

STRIP SACK MAYBIN

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/09000d5d8125b164/Pre-WK-4-Can-t-Miss-Play-Maybin-making-plays

MAYHEW, MAYBIN. QB, CRAVIN'

Yes, Trubisky was the #2 overall pick. I would hope he has the quality arm strength, accuracy and mechanics to build on by default, but he did show that.

I am sure he would have looked different if Von Miller & Shane Ray were rushing him. :lol:

Edited by TheElectricCompany

Did Trubisky start or play against 3rd stringers?

Uber accurate throws on the run on the money often. Nothing to see here ?

The 2's would've made miraculous diving pass deflections ?

Yes he looked a notch above the rest of the class. Credit the organization for doing what it had to do to get the player amid the ridicule.

Shame on the Chicago fans who booed him on draft night. They are all happy now.

Detroit a few years ago:

4-0 pre-season

0-16 regular season

enough said.

the only thing you can take away from a pre-season game is injuries.

this is like saying the Pats need to trade Gronk to make way for Jake Hollister because he just had 7/116 in pre-season game 1

What does overall record have to do with individual performance?

Especially when the pre season is more about individual performance and evaluation.

http://www.nytimes.com/1998/08/23/sports/nfl-preseason-leaf-outduels-manning.html

#Preseason

Leaf was 15 for 24 for 172 yards, set up one touchdown and ran for a score as the Chargers broke a 3-3 tie at half and beat the Colts 33-3. It was only an exhibition game, but after a shaky first half, Leaf looked sharp in leading the Chargers.Manning, playing into the third quarter for the first time in the preseason, was 11 for 21 for 123 yards but twice had passes intercepted.

Edited by TheElectricCompany

is there going to be a replay of this game? i'd like to check it out. i was extremely skeptical of Trubisky as a one hit wonder in a lackluster conference. the Bears gave up a ton to move up 1 spot to get him. i'm surprised to hear he did so well and i'd like to see for myself. sounds like the Bears might have won the lottery because those are the odds i would have given them for him to turn out to be a franchise QB

People on here need to slow down. Mitch looked good however did anyone notice he starting playing in the second quarter and played the rest of the game.

He also looked good by comparison. It's hard not to look good when Glennon's first 2017 pass is a horrifically craptastic pick-6.

After reading TBD comments yesterday about Tyrod's performance, one can only imagine how they would have reacted if Tyrod's first pass was a pick-6.

13ltdo.jpg

Edited by LABillzFan