Spurna

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He is not a doctor.

As long as players make a ton of money, players will play.

Tell players they are only going to make $30,000 a year and you might see 80% of players not play.

99% of players that play college football never make the NFL still play football.

Had Terry been in a recent accident?

The players play for the money. Parents and kids decide when to start playing. We didn't let our kids start until HS. By the time you are in HS or college YOU are making a decision. You can't blame anyone else for the results of YOUR decision. Most retired players say they'd go back and do it again. That speaks volumes.

"If" he said this, he must be an idiot

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/06/when-asked-about-concussions-owners-shouldnt-avoid-the-issue/

With Goodell flipping the “football players live longer than you” card, Bills owner Terry Pegula opted to say nothing at all when asked about the lingering issue of head injuries.

“I don’t like to talk about concussions publicly,” Pegula said, before talking about concussions in a way that downplays concussions in football. “Concussions happen in all parts of our society. It happens in every sport. You can be driving your car down the road and get a concussion in an accident. I don’t want to discuss the relevance of it in the football world.”
Edited by Spurna

Hm... He could have went with a different answer... Smacks of denial... Perhaps a little ignorance... All he had to say was that it's a worrisome issue, -the league is doing it's homework, -And he's looking forward to answers in the near future.

Who's his PR Guy?

He did say it. I watched the interview. He makes Doug Whaley look like a natural in front of a camera.

I don't disagree, but this is not just a matter of not being comfortable in front of the camera. This quote betrays profound ignorance, not to mention blatant insensitivity to a very real problem. Pretty scary, actually. Edited by mannc

There are serious risks for some jobs like a soldier in combat , police officer and some others.

Playing football is a voluntary choice.

Wow, what a horrible argument...a small step above TP, though.