Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

this band is one of my go to's when I need a favorite to unwind to I think shirley manson is a badass and it shows clearly here haha naughty naughty..I love her. I think she is a fierce rocker chick with a very successful career Good For Her!

Edited by Muppy

40 minutes ago, Muppy said:

soul music is one genre I don't know very much more than the standards from the day like the link I just posted. I was more of a country rock jackson browne doobie bros eagles allman bros moody blues kind of follower back then I  missed out on a lot 🙂

m

One of my favs

Edited by Another Fan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/10/2021 at 4:15 PM, LewPort71 said:

50 years old ?  This is my favorite cut on this  album which my college buddies and I played way too many times.

...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

@LewPort71

Edited by muppy

Jackson Browne The Load Out and Stay Live BBC 1978 - YouTube

***SWOON**** my fantasy boyfriend back in the day LOL

ohmygoodness Rosemary Butler and David Lindley how sweet was that!~!~!~!!!!! waddy wachtel on the pedal steel all top shelf studio musicians in their own right.

m

Edited by Muppy

One of my favorite Bowie songs. This one was Lulu's biggest commercial success. Bowie plays sax.

Nirvana's version...

Finally, Bowie himself on SNL...

In the SNL clip, one of the backup singers/performers was Klaus Nomi (the guy in black with the receding hairline). Here he is featured performer...

Edited by DrW
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

new music for me here and I haven't heard this yet but I LOVE the intro!!! @Pete 

Good Morning 2BD!

yeah this first track has a very "Cake" like feel for me a vibe Im hearing its giving me Cake. Let them eat Cake! lol

m

Edited by Muppy
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, DrW said:

One of my favorite Bowie songs. This one was Lulu's biggest commercial success. Bowie plays sax.

Nirvana's version...

Finally, Bowie himself on SNL...

In the SNL clip, one of the backup singers/performers was Klaus Nomi (the guy in black with the receding hairline). Here he is featured performer...

AMAZING...muchas gracias  Great montage mate!  and Klaus Nomi check out his shoes OH MY..lol he's a character and a half.

The Bowie one nearly made me cry. RIP

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Muppy said:

new music for me here and I haven't heard this yet but I LOVE the intro!!! @Pete 

Good Morning 2BD!

yeah this first track has a very "Cake" like feel for me a vibe Im hearing its giving me Cake. Let them eat Cake! lol

m

another day in the life lol

10 hours ago, Muppy said:

put on my dancing shoes oh yesss...hahahaa danged wimmen anyway make a man wanna drink a double shot Lord have Mercy

poor bebe lmaooo gotta love the blues :-)))))

I gave up the wiskey but not the wimmen.  Im a masochist.  now im making the sam kinison face lol

• Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Muppy said:

that was really entertaining TYSM! I never thought of this as a genre but you are Right , imo if done with excellence the opening or even closing credits sometimes can be pretty fun

I like the ending credits that show bloopers or candid shots 🙂

LOL Oh The Drama! the lead vocal is monotone but I wanted to hear what he had to say!

Great observation by Another Fan, and I frickin love Dog Day Afternoon!!!

Yes Cave has some pretty swift lyrical chomps.  Not sure if you caught it was an album posted, but if you click the three bars you'll probably know track 5.  And track 6 is holy crap level on the lyrics.  

Granted not necessarily party music heheheh

• Thank you (+1) 1