Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

6 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Eh.

I'm a pretty big Neil Young fan, but not so much a fan of T-O-N.

So I'd pass on that one.

10-4....I never was big into Neil Young.  I'd probably be a little more discerning of covers of some of my more familiar bands.

8 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Eh.

I'm a pretty big Neil Young fan, but not so much a fan of T-O-N.

So I'd pass on that one.

I could listen to the After the Gold Rush album in its entirety every day and never get sick of it.

4 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

10-4....I never was big into Neil Young.  I'd probably be a little more discerning of covers of some of my more familiar bands.

I think it's the synth. Which is odd, because in that era I was a huge fan of NiN and Ministry, both synth-heavy.

9 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I think it's the synth. Which is odd, because in that era I was a huge fan of NiN and Ministry, both synth-heavy.

I love Ministry's music so much. They're playing with Slayer, Primus,  and Phil Anselmo around here in November,  but Jourgensens political stuff during the shows has put me off on spending the money. 

5 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I love Ministry's music so much. They're playing with Slayer, Primus,  and Phil Anselmo around here in November,  but Jourgensens political stuff during the shows has put me off on spending the money. 

Kind of part of the price of admission with Rev. Al.

He's ALWAYS been that way.

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Kind of part of the price of admission with Rev. Al.

He's ALWAYS been that way.

Indeed he has,  but when I first started listening when I was 15, I had different beliefs.  At least he's consistent. I listed to most of the Sphinctour live show at work today.

Another interesting album I discovered years ago is entitled "Mezzanine" by Massive Attack. It is an English band out of Bristol, England falling under the genre of trip hop. Many of their songs can be heard on movie soundtracks. It is a different kind of sound, kind of like a psychedelic, post rock, escape sound.