Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

Ima huge who framed roger rabbit fan. I archived this at my previous chatroom so will here too. I would call this definitely iconic.

Paula Abdul - Opposites Attract (Official Music Video) - YouTube

Edited by Muppy
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, gdabillsfan said:

Another band like cracker

Our roomate loves this band. He had blister in the sun on CD, and played it over and over again til you wanna🤮. I finally had to tell him to listen to it in his room. To this day I turn the volume down if it comes on.

lol Ive got this gurl I wanna Twangggggg lmao

6 minutes ago, Muppy said:

Ima huge who framed roger rabbit fan. I archived this at my previous chatroom so will here too. I would call this definitely iconic.

Paula Abdul - Opposites Attract (Official Music Video) - YouTube

Lol, Paula Abdul, from Laker fan girl to pop star. BTW, Jessica Rabbit is one hot cartoon, Roger is a lucky wabbit

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Muppy said:

seeing the lyric in your face when listening to the music made it much more visceral for me Thanks man 🙂

Yeah... Very powerful words.  Haven't thought about that song in a while.  Off: "Throwing Copper" LP.

From the same era... More of the Upper Midwest feel... You like BoDeans?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

I loved Madonna on the Live Aid stage. It was my first exposure to she as an artist. I think she was a gorgeous brunette Im wishing she had stayed that color longer. I didnt like her beef with Lady Gaga. I saw a documentary of Lady Gaga that was really fun and interesting in which she told a story about said beef. I think it was based on jealousy frankly Madonna didnt like seeing her name upstaged.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Muppy said:

I loved Madonna on the Live Aid stage. It was my first exposure to she as an artist. I think she was a gorgeous brunette Im wishing she had stayed that color longer. I didnt like her beef with Lady Gaga. I saw a documentary of Lady Gaga that was really fun and interesting in which she told a story about said beef. I think it was based on jealousy frankly Madonna didnt like seeing her name upstaged.

A lot of fans of both of them don’t like the other fanbases.  I like Madonna more but can appreciate them both.  

Aah I think sometimes that stuff in general could be started for publicity 😆

Edited by Another Fan
  • Agree 1

44 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

super bowl preview haha. My son has an album that he insists was the bedrock of hip hop I'll see if I can find a picture of it. I was put off with the ***** Hos rhetoric but I like the beat ...for me this is clean rap the low dirty stuff I dont partake

m

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Muppy said:

I don't know if this is common or not but amongst socal folks le cronique was another term for high potency marijuana...or if something was super great like even a restaurants food they would say it was "Le cronique" haha

It's common knowledge 😁🤣

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Muppy said:

True Story #1

the name Blink 182 was chosen due to a high school rivalry. Blink is anacronym for **** and RB (Rancho Bernardo High) if you look up the letters R and B they fall in sequence with 182. So the band were basically saying **** RB High  true story

# 2 members are locals to my hood and it was well known that when they were off tour their favorite mexican takeout was Sombreros in Carmel Mtn Ranch. It was so well known that fans would come and leave writing on the bathroom walls...to the extent that the owner then agreed to accept fan notes and give them to the band next time they visited to save on bathroom painting costs LOL...Yep.

I believe a Rolling Stone article was involved with the publicity regarding Sombreros. The place is still there. 

Interesting stories, they were an ok band, but nothing I would rush out to buy/see. I am more interested in the restaurant. I miss good Mexican (Sonoran style)food. In rochester there is none to speak of. In Cali. , you have fish tacos and Baja sauce, but there is nothing like machaka chimichanga with a side of rice and beans. (Think the Original Garcia's in Scottsdale) and a strolling mariachi band, while drinking margaritas

16 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

It's common knowledge 😁🤣

It was common knowledge before we ever knew it was.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Muppy said:

OH I KNOW.  my go to is a california (carne asada) burrito with salsa fresca and guacamole, breakfast potatoes not fries, side of habanero salsa #MIRANCHITO

See now I'm hungry . Ever have a wish sandwich, you know, 2 pieces of bread, and you wish you had some meat. I guess I'll have to go to taco bell and wish it were real food 😉

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I like this right off the bat. Great beat, rocks and the album cover is so cool..Owls y'all with sharp talons and sharp horns too

LOOK OUT!  whooooooooot.  hahahaa

m

Edited by Muppy

51 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

That whole album was awesome. Nazareth was one of my favorite bands. Although this was a great album and a commercial success  I think loud and proud was their best.

Razamanaz and Rampant were my number 3 and 4. I Didn't care much for their later stuff, just like almost all the great bands from the 70's they sold out to the teeny bop crowd on their later albums.

Here's one from Loud and Proud.

1 hour ago, Muppy said:

I like this right off the bat. Great beat, rocks and the album cover is so cool..Owls y'all with sharp talons and sharp horns too

LOOK OUT!  whooooooooot.  hahahaa

m

That was a good show by Yes. I liked the Original lineup with Steve Howe better though.

Funny story about Nazareth's album art. My business partner, who was quite the artist in his own right, (and a damn fine house painter)drew the creature off this album as a mural on his bedroom wall when he was a teenager. When his grandmother was visiting from Michigan, she refused to stay in that room because she thought that was a picture of the devil. She suggested to his dad (her son) that he should immediately paint over it, so as to keep the house from being cursed.

Here's one from way back in the album archives.

I bought this record back in the mid 70's. I bought it because John Nitzinger was lead guitarist and I was always impressed by his performance at Mar y Sol festival (1972)(jellyroll/texas blues) on a record I got from my brother.

Bloodrock 2 is a really a hard driving blues record except for the song " DOA", which was a minor AM radio hit (and a truly dark song about a kid who dies on the way to the hospital after a plane crash).

This song is called "Cheater"

Edited by gdabillsfan
  • Like (+1) 1

***BIC LIGHTER FLICKER****** 

do you recall the band cover of Blind Faith was a nekkid from the top like 12 year old girl? One year a YMCA camp counselor saw me and he says "Blind Faith"....I didn't know what that meant until I got home and looked it up..I WAS SO EMBARRASSED  skeezy guy saying basically I looked like that girl LOL the fact I did bears no consequence to my story. But it happened when I was ,maybe 11..

BLIND FAITH

3 hours ago, Muppy said:

***BIC LIGHTER FLICKER****** 

do you recall the band cover of Blind Faith was a nekkid from the top like 12 year old girl? One year a YMCA camp counselor saw me and he says "Blind Faith"....I didn't know what that meant until I got home and looked it up..I WAS SO EMBARRASSED  skeezy guy saying basically I looked like that girl LOL the fact I did bears no consequence to my story. But it happened when I was ,maybe 11..

BLIND FAITH

Sorry you had that experience at such a young age. That album art was so controversial at the time, that the cover was changed after the original pressing. 

The band was a super grouping of

Stevie Winwood from traffic and Eric Clapton/ Ginger Baker from cream. They only lasted a few months as a group and only produced the 1 album

Winwood went on to reform Traffic.

The original band (w/ Dave Mason):

The reformed version:

• Thank you (+1) 1

Delving into rock history today:

Carmen Appice is one of my all time favorite drummers. He and Tim Bogert (bass) have had a long history of playing together in various bands, starting with Vanilla Fudge

They moved on to form Cactus

Then they teamed up with Jeff Beck

Edited by gdabillsfan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1