Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

5 hours ago, Muppy said:

#swoon part 2#

the first grunge song? 

Laurel Canyon. Woodstock.  Monterey.  Farm Aid. Jammed with Charles Manson.  Got stoned with Willie Nelson. Married a sexy Mermaid. Toured with Social Distortion, Soundgarden, Sonic Youth, Booker T, Blues Traveler, Pearl Jam

Neil is a Canadian Forest Gump

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

the first grunge song? 

Laurel Canyon. Woodstock.  Monterey.  Farm Aid. Put on notice by Skynyrd in Sweet Home Alabama.  Jammed with Charles Manson.  Got stoned with Willie Nelson. Married a sexy Mermaid. Toured with Social Distortion, Soundgarden, Sonic Youth, Booker T, Blues Traveler, Pearl Jam

Neil is a Canadian Forest Gump

• Awesome! (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Muppy said:

MADONNA/ LIVE AID 1985/ BACKSTAGE/ FROM MTV B-ROLL / THESHOW 2019 - YouTube

Madonna - Holiday (Live Aid 1985) - YouTube

the backstage clip I love how Bette Midler was being so pushy with "MEET MEEE" and madonna shakes her hand an its back to business. Classic. The woman was and is in total control of her career

THIS is my madonna the young fresh faced Icon for me which dated This Performance at Live Aid. Living in C Springs I remember loading my VCR tapes to capture the entire event. Now own DVD's AWESOME. Nothng like it before or really since. arguably...anyway Enjoy!

m

Thanks, had not seen the backstage clips before.  I grew up with her music videos, this one was probably my fave.  Christopher Walken plus the days smoking in restaurants was still a thing

Prob my fave song of his.  It’s got a nice sound

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Immense talent in both the dancers and the compiler of that video, not normally a fan of that song, but i can make an exception

23 hours ago, Muppy said:

that growl when she sings 'made up my mind' always got me.

22 hours ago, Another Fan said:

I know that video was shot in Staten Island, the very other end of the state.  Don’t know the locations.  This one was shot in Staten Island as well.  Drove by Madonna’s house in the video.  The street is small.

I drove by Rocky Balboas house as well in Kensington.  The street is small and like in the absolute worst part of town!

I recently dusted off my cassettes and cassette deck and listened to my off the radio taping of Live Aid, still an unbelievable event, and you are spot on about Madonna, and absolute bull with her appearance and career.  She was so driven and such a chameleon, constantly reinventing herself.  You'd probably never catch me at a Madonna concert, but major respect for her craft

21 hours ago, Muppy said:

MADONNA/ LIVE AID 1985/ BACKSTAGE/ FROM MTV B-ROLL / THESHOW 2019 - YouTube

Madonna - Holiday (Live Aid 1985) - YouTube

the backstage clip I love how Bette Midler was being so pushy with "MEET MEEE" and madonna shakes her hand an its back to business. Classic. The woman was and is in total control of her career

THIS is my madonna the young fresh faced Icon for me which dated This Performance at Live Aid. Living in C Springs I remember loading my VCR tapes to capture the entire event. Now own DVD's AWESOME. Nothng like it before or really since. arguably...anyway Enjoy!

m

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Poojer said:

in honor of Brent Mydland's birthday(as well as fellow Dead family member, and current keyboardist Jeff Chementi).  Probably my single favorite live dead track

I saw the dead once. in Tempe  circa 80....i remember quite a few ladies topless dancing which raised my eyebrows LOL and very much enjoyed the show.

The only band if I were so inclined, to take off and groupie would have been Neil Young....lol I thought he was the Bomb then and still do. Ima gonna post a song from the show I saw Neil perform at Red Rocks in Morrison CO. It was that stretch when every album was uniquely different. This one happens to be his barroom blues style band haha...

Neil Young - This Note's For You 

Edited by Muppy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Muppy said:

Hey thanks man Ive never seen this. Here's the thing. I was never a huge fan of hers. Her sound was too techo/stagey for me...anyway so Im on vacation and I see a documentary on she and it chronicled the time from right before a Star is Born and a year previous to that. Her behind the scenes documentary. I connected with her so hard I watched this Im thinking I LOVE HER.....she is a part of my spirit animal her talent her honesty her TALENT Im now officially a monster LOL naw but I love her.

I think her heart is at least as big as her bank account. BOOM. I do I Love her. And A Star is Born clinched it for me. And I think she is as fine an actress as a singer. Double BOOM lol

Im just being real.

m

I kinda remember years back her dedicating a show to that boy in Williamsville.  That was nice

like this song.  Perhaps it’s where her stage name comes from

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Another Fan said:

I kinda remember years back her dedicating a show to that boy in Williamsville.  That was nice

100% she got the name from freddy Mercury. The same way I felt I got to see into freddies life in the movie starring Rami Malek  was how I felt after seeing the Lady Gaga documentary. I wish I could post it it was on netflix.

2 hours ago, Another Fan said:

what a siq youtube AMAZING first time Ive seen it, gracias amigo

• Awesome! (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Muppy said:

this band and kurt Cobain were deeply influential to ALL the musicians my son plays with and its undisputed he was sooo beloved and then POOF Gone. Heartbreaking days at my home when that happened. I'll never forget seeing it on MTV Kurt Loder announcing it. RIP

lets see if Chris the bass player is playing his blonde gibson ripper.............EDIT: Nope

Troubles me to this day.

• Like (+1) 1

the documentary trailer I refer to and my discovery of how much I love her ....I think she wants to spread love and goodness and positivity into the world. So absurdly gifted.

Edited by muppy

25 minutes ago, Muppy said:

this song makes me laugh. I like the dancing audience. People need to move their bodies more and for me hands down dancing is the funnest exercise around.

Well here's a song for you then

Listening to this makes me sad what hip hop evolved into.  well actually a lot of other stuff as well 

Old School all the way! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1