How much money do you spend on alcohol a month?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vegas no longer about the tables, bout the clubs, restaurants, and pools. And they ain't free in the clubs and restaurant

Bachelor party out there a few years ago and my friends paid $500 a head for brunch. So glad I ducked out of that one. My one buddy spent $12k in 3 days and only $2k was gambling losses.

Bachelor party out there a few years ago and my friends paid $500 a head for brunch. So glad I ducked out of that one. My one buddy spent $12k in 3 days and only $2k was gambling losses.

YIKES! That's why (despite not being a brunch OR buffet fan) I was promoting the weekend brunch buffet at the Aria in the Vegas thread. It's $32 for the food (that's a deal if all you do is all-you-can-eat crab legs) and $19.99 for unlimted drinks (thought drink menu may be somewhat limited). Heck, a single glass of wine and you're already looking good! I'd be having more than one.

Holy smokes...i would be with John dating at 54 if I spent $12K

That's unreal.

That's unreal.

Yeah, that's why I didn't go. Those guys have expensive tastes without the bankroll to match. My buddy has a lot of money and was in the wedding. He knew that he was going to end up picking up the difference for a bunch of them. Even the guys that don't have a lot of money were at like $1000 a day. He was dreading it but he's a good gambler (cashed in the World Series twice). He was hoping to win enough to offset the weekend. After losing some the first night he quit playing to avoid a really expensive weekend. I'm only going to Vegas for work from here on out.

Yeah, that's why I didn't go. Those guys have expensive tastes without the bankroll to match. My buddy has a lot of money and was in the wedding. He knew that he was going to end up picking up the difference for a bunch of them. Even the guys that don't have a lot of money were at like $1000 a day. He was dreading it but he's a good gambler (cashed in the World Series twice). He was hoping to win enough to offset the weekend. After losing some the first night he quit playing to avoid a really expensive weekend. I'm only going to Vegas for work from here on out.

We're (us groomsmen) currently trying to convince our friend to hold his bachelor party weekend in Montreal instead of Vegas. Just way too expensive. My wife and I spent over 1500 on food and drinks alone when we were in Vegas earlier this summer. Crazy.

Vegas no longer about the tables, bout the clubs, restaurants, and pools. And they ain't free in the clubs and restaurant

This is the realization I came to while in LV. It's not about gambling anymore for most folks. That's not how they get you anymore.

been a challenge, especially the first year or so but had to put it down. been nearly 4 years and given my situation I wont be picking it back up.

Glad to hear it. Even happier I never started when I hear stories of ppl having to quit. Same with smoking and drugs. Glad I never fell into those traps just to look cool in front of other teenagers.

Edited by T-Bomb

been a challenge, especially the first year or so but had to put it down. been nearly 4 years and given my situation I wont be picking it back up.

I feel for you...I was just teasing you earlier.

I'm glad that I take after my mom with basically having zero addiction in my DNA.

Both my parents smoked a pack a day when I was growing up. When I was in the 3rd grade, they decided to quit after 20 years of smoking. My mom quit cold turkey in one day...no issues. My dad struggled mightily for about 6 months before he could stop.

I used to drink a lot but toned that down to more moderation. I used to dip and smoke for years and after I got done with baseball....I just quit. No issues...thank god.

You're doing good work...keep it up.

Glad to hear it. Even happier I never started when I hear stories of ppl having to quit. Same with smoking and drugs. Glad I never fell into those traps just to look cool in front of other teenagers.

I believe there are many challenges in life for all. I met it head on and haven't looked back... B-)

I feel for you...I was just teasing you earlier.

I'm glad that I take after my mom with basically having zero addiction in my DNA.

Both my parents smoked a pack a day when I was growing up. When I was in the 3rd grade, they decided to quit after 20 years of smoking. My mom quit cold turkey in one day...no issues. My dad struggled mightily for about 6 months before he could stop.

I used to drink a lot but toned that down to more moderation. I used to dip and smoke for years and after I got done with baseball....I just quit. No issues...thank god.

You're doing good work...keep it up.

oh I knew you were man and thanks...thumbsup.gif

i did fall into those traps because i wanted to get !@#$ed up. it was worth it.

I don't think I can go back to Vegas. Our group of dudes got one little taste of the suite and table life and from that point on, waiting in lines for GA entrance to a club was considered an option on par with sucking off every guy on the strip to get into the club. Offensive. The combination of alcohol, other stuff, and beautiful women everywhere had me utterly convinced that this was my life from now on. Champagne wishes and caviar dreams. 4 days later I checked my credit card statement and it was Natty light wimpers and bologna sammich nightmares.