Anyone ever been to Texas

Ice bowl 67

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lubbock, austin, amarillo, houston, pharr, corpus christi and small towns between. like to see san antonio but doubt I get the chance.

very big state and worth the trip if you get the chance. I think for me, back when I was 17 in lubbock was the cotton, tumbleweeds and prairie dogs, pretty cool.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

lubbock, austin, amarillo, houston, pharr, corpus christi and small towns between. like to see san antonio but doubt I get the chance.

very big state and worth the trip if you get the chance. I think for me, back when I was 17 in lubbock was the cotton, tumbleweeds and prairie dogs, pretty cool.

When were you there?

Yep, Austin is really cool. I was there last week, loved it. Cool vibe, very hip, but minimal yuppy smug like you might see in Boulder or Burlington.

The BBQ is unreal. Yes, everyone knows Franklins for their brisket, but you can find many places that give you 90% for a 5 minute wait. Freedman's by UT-Austin was excellent and a really cool vibe (old 1860s building built by a freed slave).

Check out the bats flying from the Congress Bridge in mid summer too.

Edited by TheElectricCompany

Lived in TX (north TX / Dallas area) from 84-94. Dallas was screaming in growth then and has been. Austin is very much a college town with a great music / food vibe. It all depends on what you are looking for. Lots of open country, small towns, and big time cosmopolitan cities.

Lived in TX (north TX / Dallas area) from 84-94. Dallas was screaming in growth then and has been. Austin is very much a college town with a great music / food vibe. It all depends on what you are looking for. Lots of open country, small towns, and big time cosmopolitan cities.

What are the popular hotel restaurants they had back then down there? They have Costco stores, Wal mart? How bout for restaurants did they have Outback steakhouse, Golden Corrall? Fill me in.

What are the popular hotel restaurants they had back then down there? They have Costco stores, Wal mart? How bout for restaurants did they have Outback steakhouse, Golden Corrall? Fill me in.

Wallmart and gun stores are very popular in Dallas/Ft.Worth. The Texas gulf coast is gorgeous if you like walking out miles in the water and still be knee high. Austin is definetly the states Garden Of Eden.

I've been to Dallas. I'd LOVE to see Austin, and I'm intrigued by Houston. NYC has the most Fortune 1000 companies (72), followed by Houston (49), Atlanta (22) and Chicago (22). I'm not 100% sure of that source, but I've seen it more than once. Houston at #2 has more than Atlanta and Chicago combined! That surprised me and I'd like to see it.

Been to Houston and Galveston. It was a work trip, so I didn't get to do a whole lot of exploring. I remember a nice boarwalk/theme park area in Galveston and eating at a Landrys Steakhouse which was good. The Hooters in Sugarland has some grade A talent and i remember it being hot as Hades and humid.

Geographically and therefore weatherwise, Texas is basically North Mexico. The summer months are hotter than the Devil's crotch after a two hour sauna. It's also a great place if you like watching rodeo on tv. All. Day. Long. Texans favorite pass time is fixin', and you should always assume the Texan to whom you are speaking has one or more guns on them. There's some kind of Heritage Tax break for keeping longhorn cattle, so when you wander out of the cities, you'll see random hobby ranches with a few cattle, as well as ranches that would pass for counties in the North East.