Lawson slimmed down

Wow he looks 20+ pounds lighter in this pic.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/07/29/slimmed-shaq-lawson-wreaking-havoc-early-training-camp-bills/

Says he is weighing 268 and played last year at 275. He looked closer to 295 last year. This is great news. He looked more like a DT last year than an OLB. He should be a terror at DE.

Our entire DL should bounce back in a big way from the Ryan disaster.

Cheers....

PITTSFORD -- Maybe Rex Ryan and Doug Whaley just thought they were smarter than everyone else.

What other explanation could there be for why the Buffalo Bills' former head coach and general manager invested a first-round draft pick in Shaq Lawson last year only to change his position?

"Yeah, that was kind of odd," Lawson said after the Bills wrapped up their third practice of training camp at St. John Fisher College. "It really was. I knew I wasn't a fit for that defense. They thought I was. I just tried it out. I wasn't very comfortable."

Interesting... hopefully we see a totally different Shaq this season. Freaking Rex. Forced a very good, simple 4-3 defense to play a waaayyyyy over-complicated 3-4 defense that didn't really fit many of the defensive players. Then when they get a chance to draft a guy in the 1st, they pick another player who doesn't fit their scheme...

PITTSFORD -- Maybe Rex Ryan and Doug Whaley just thought they were smarter than everyone else.

What other explanation could there be for why the Buffalo Bills' former head coach and general manager invested a first-round draft pick in Shaq Lawson last year only to change his position?

"Yeah, that was kind of odd," Lawson said after the Bills wrapped up their third practice of training camp at St. John Fisher College. "It really was. I knew I wasn't a fit for that defense. They thought I was. I just tried it out. I wasn't very comfortable."

Interesting... hopefully we see a totally different Shaq this season. Freaking Rex. Forced a very good, simple 4-3 defense to play a waaayyyyy over-complicated 3-4 defense that didn't really fit many of the defensive players. Then when they get a chance to draft a guy in the 1st, they pick another player who doesn't fit their scheme...

Had he kept Schwartz, Rex and that 4-3 wide 9 defense would have easily made the playoffs. Mario probably is still on the team and playing well. No less than 3 high draft picks could have been used on safeties, QB's, and TE's.

And Rex would almost assuredly still be the HC. He was never that bad with clock management. He made some bad decision before the half and attempting some FG's that were not likely to be made. But all in all had the defense been maintained, Rex is still here. All that fat bastard had to do was add in a few exotic blitz packages to run 3-5 times per game. But no he has to switch everything and make our elite DL look and play horrible.

Hmmm... A tad more nimble too, I'd say... Be dangerous if he got a little bit more technique... Can't wait 'til we have Dareus next to Da'Ron Payne, plus a veteran, well-oiled, Lawson collapsing the edge.... Ugh! -Gonna be so sweet!