Shady Wants to Play Until He's 33

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's crazy to me when people here want to cut him after this year, dudes a HOFer, let's use him till he has nothin left

I don't understand it either.

He's the best RB we've had since Thurman. I say keep him for as long as we can.

Yeah, bad sign that he has a number in his head.

A number that is years down the road?

LOL come on man

He's the center piece of this team.

He won't have to restructure anything because the Bills aren't stupid enough to release him.

If he restructured anything it would be to reorganize for cap for signing free agents or whatever

However...the bills did a REALLY good job with their cap this year......they are rolling over money.....didnt restructure anyone major except TT and that actually SAVED money.....and didnt touch contracts that they could have like Cordy Glenn.

Cap wise...we are in pretty good shape now

I firmly believe that if we want him for 3 more years we have to platoon him with another back not run him on short yardage and goaline situations etc.

I know they are gonna work horse him because he can both run and catch......so we will see

REALLY hoping Jon Willaims emerges so he can be that guy that makes the tough yards and goaline runs

Many of you are right and that back is Tolbert. He can bang the hole. For the comment on not taking hits, he's very good at getting small and evading the big hit. He's the anti marshawn Lynch. Lynch is fun to watch but probable needed that year off being so beaten up.

OJ rushed for 1500 yards when he was 29. Thurman rushed for 1000. Fred rushed for 900.

Shady should be good this year. Most backs seem to hit the wall at age 30 or 31 and Shady's only 29. According to one analysis, RBs aged 30 are still good fantasy point producers. Age 31 is when their production drops.

Curious stat: Backs with 300-369 carries will see - on average - a 15% reduction in their production the following year. The drop-off in production gets much worse as carries exceed 300. But Shady had only 234 carries last year.

Watching Brady's sustained greatness makes me wonder what diet and conditioning can do to help a RB extend his career.

http://www.bleacherreport.com/articles/416942-nfl-history-top-15-running-backs-who-hit-the-30-year-old-wall-video

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1271412-why-and-when-do-nfl-running-backs-start-to-decline

https://www.si.com/nfl/photos/2010/02/25nfl-running-backs-hitting-the-wall

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/fantasy-football-narrative-street-when-do-aging-running-backs-hit-the-fantasy-wall

Edited by hondo in seattle

When this thread was started, #BABOL's Shady sense started tingling. He'll be here to bang the drum a bit.

I was right about him when he arrived......was exactly who I said he'd be......... and I was right about his statistical potential if he got his act together after his awful first season.........if being right is bangin' the drum then so be it. :beer:

He could hit the wall this year but injuries are the KNOWN concern with Shady.

He missed significant time in-season and left the field on a cart to end each of his first two seasons in Buffalo.......if there were actually wildcard games after those seasons, he'd have missed them.........and that was with roughly 100 carries less per season than he was getting in Philly.

The key with squeezing a second good season out of Shady in 2017 was keeping him fresh, IMO......sub 200 carries would have been preferable.

But the chances of not wearing him out early took a big hit when MG was let go and the uninspiring Jon Williams was assigned the backup role.

RB's are a dime a dozen but you gotta' apply the dime........Bills made zero effort to address the quality of depth at the position.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the Bills desperately reaching for another first round RB with one of those picks this year..........which would be disgusting.

Are you stalking me?

Umm...I'm reading the board. I comment when the mood strikes. You're not that important.

I was right about him when he arrived......was exactly who I said he'd be......... and I was right about his statistical potential if he got his act together after his awful first season.........if being right is bangin' the drum then so be it. :beer:

He missed significant time in-season and left the field on a cart to end each of his first two seasons in Buffalo.......if there were actually wildcard games after those seasons, he'd have missed them.........and that was with roughly 100 carries less per season than he was getting in Philly.

The key with squeezing a second good season out of Shady in 2017 was keeping him fresh, IMO......sub 200 carries would have been preferable.

But the chances of not wearing him out early took a big hit when MG was let go and the uninspiring Jon Williams was assigned the backup role.

RB's are a dime a dozen but you gotta' apply the dime........Bills made zero effort to address the quality of depth at the position.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the Bills desperately reaching for another first round RB with one of those picks this year..........which would be disgusting.

The spin cycle is strong with this one...

Wolfman Jack, Casey Kasem, Dick Clark, Lesean McCoy, Rick Dees

I was right about him when he arrived......was exactly who I said he'd be.........

:lol: You said he had already hit the proverbial wall when he arrived and he was "done". You were so confident you predicted he'd not only never last in Buffalo, but he'd be out of the entire league and working in Radio this season...

If that's being "right about him" and him being exactly who you "said he'd be" - then it's no wonder we butt heads every now and then. You live in another reality.

For all of Whaley's monumental goofs, he got some things right. Shady, for instance.

But I say that now. In a couple of years, maybe Shady loses a step or the Bills O line collapses, and he suddenly needs to do things he can't anymore. Then he's an expensive waste of a roster spot. I know that sounds harsh but this is the NFL.

If the Bills lose to the Jets in Week 1, they should recognize this season is going nowhere, and trade Shady to a contender. Let him win a championship or at least contend. And get players or picks that will help in the future.

For all of Whaley's monumental goofs, he got some things right. Shady, for instance.

But I say that now. In a couple of years, maybe Shady loses a step or the Bills O line collapses, and he suddenly needs to do things he can't anymore. Then he's an expensive waste of a roster spot. I know that sounds harsh but this is the NFL.

If the Bills lose to the Jets in Week 1, they should recognize this season is going nowhere, and trade Shady to a contender. Let him win a championship or at least contend. And get players or picks that will help in the future.

He could very well hit the wall by then, but he might be an exception given the minimal punishment he takes. Guess we'll see. Quit on the season after one week? Come on man!

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

:lol: You said he had already hit the proverbial wall when he arrived and he was "done". You were so confident you predicted he'd not only never last in Buffalo, but he'd be out of the entire league and working in Radio this season...

If that's being "right about him" and him being exactly who you "said he'd be" - then it's no wonder we butt heads every now and then. You live in another reality.

I didn't say he'd hit his wall........I also didn't say he'd run for 2,000 yards like you did. You were right......took two years to do it, but you were right. :lol:

(Don't lose your mind about this again.......you were warned by moderators, no? :flirt:)

If he'd continued down the path he was on when they traded for him.......blaming everyone else for his issues and taking every carry out of bounds........he'd have been cut and been gone by now.

His 2015 season........mediocre production in a GREAT run scheme/offense.......constant off-field issues from the time he was signed until he was carted off the field in Washington........a bunch of poor preparation type injuries........was an utter failure.

But he removed his head from hisass(something that might help you, btw) after that clusterfuk of a season and the police assault wake-up call.

He admitted he'd left tons of plays on the field and had to do much better.......and got focused on his declining career and with a big assist from Anthony Lynn FORCING him to run inside......he got his flagging ypc production up on par with his backups and his QB so he wasn't the 4th most productive guy to run the ball like he had been in 2015. :flirt: