Anquan Boldin Signs 1 Year Deal with the Bills Pg45

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, that the Bills are the only team interested at this stage. That is, until the Chargers find out that Mike Williams will miss the entire season and Anthony Lynn calls Boldin and says: "Anquan, want to catch passes from Philip Rivers," and then Boldin says: "Sorry Mr. Beane, Coach McDermott, I'm going to go to LA, so that I can have a chance to play with Philip Rivers."

and the Chargers were 5-11 last season.

Really?

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2017/07/21/report-fa-wr-boldin-to-visit-bills/

Have wanted this signing since last year when I wanted this signing. Didn't think we had much of a chance, but have wondered if having played with Taylor might be a factor, and hopefully the report saying it is a factor is accurate.

"But he's old . . ."

69 catches, 789 yards, 4 TDs at age 34/35

67 catches, 584 yards, 8 TDs at age 35/36

Age is a number. Stats are numbers, too. Who here thinks Patriots* fans don't want Brady back because of his age?

Plus he blocks and, like others have said, is an ideal mentor (more excited at that prospect for Jones than Watkins).

His average yards per catch reminds me of Moulds at the end of his career...

Decent amount of catches but no speed or quickness to get any YAC, hence a YPC under 9 which is terrible for a WR...

2 years ago would have been more exciting but even if he came in just as a mentor at this stage and a limited snap guy that would be great. I'd have hope for Sammy, minimal but some.

Sammy is already a limited snap guy so he already has that job.

Boldin would provide leadership, production and depth. This is a no-brainer decision at the right price.

This is what they said about Reggie Bush last year.