Being a Bills fan helped me today and it taught me something

My brother lived in Paducah, KY whilst in the Navy. A black news personality - after his first night on the job - had a cross burned in his yard. He didn't go back for day 2.

I'm a bleeding heart liberal. I know racism is alive and well in our country and I'm well aware of the strained relations between police and the African-American community.

But this is a routine pullover in Pennsylvania. Let's not act like MLK's dream just came true because a white cop and a black guy bonded over the Bills.

damn. how long ago was that?

denton/silver valley is a hotbed of klan activity. well, was abotu 15 years ago and prior. a lot fo what you'd see on springer were folks from there.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

damn. how long ago was that?

denton/silver valley is a hotbed of klan activity. well, was abotu 15 years ago and prior. a lot fo what you'd see on springer were folks from there.

This was in the early 90s.

I have a Bills sticker on the back of my truck...I got a speeding ticket last year from a white cop. I'm glad you didn't get hassled.

Yeah, but didn't you say you were Ko Simpson?

Cool that you had an uncomfortable situation made less uncomfortable because you're a Bills fan.

So what made you a Bills fan?

I saw a game and the first person I noticed was Rob Riddick. Just from a few runs I thought he was the greatest rb ever. So in order to confirm what I believed I had to start paying more attention to the Bills. So I became a fan.

I was at a remote beach in Brazil a couple years ago and saw a Brazilian guy at the tiki bar wearing a Bills hat. I gave him a big 👍 and called out "Buffalo Bills!" He looked at me like I was a space alien.

Yes. Born and raised in one of the worst cities Newark, NJ

Awesome story first off, I can relate. I was also born in Newark and I've been living in Union NJ for the last 3 years, and lived in Garfield,NJ for my whole life prior.

The very rare encounters I've had with true Bills fans in North Jersey have been awesome. Always a great conversation and an immediate bond that I can't imagine too many other fan bases experience. There's just something special about this fan base..

P.S - if you haven't been to a Bills Backer bar , you have to experience it man. I've been to one in Hoboken and Paterson /Hawthorne , and it's just a blast and an awesome experience with some if the nicest people. I make a point to go at least 3-4 times per season. I can only imagine the atmosphere for a playoff game, it'd be a day you wouldn't forget

Cool story. I live in central PA now(born and raised near Buffalo) and driving home from work I passed a car with Bills stickers all over it. I pulled up alongside him, blew the horn to get his attention, and gave him a big number one sign as i pointed to my Bills hat. He threw me a thumbs up and smiled ear to ear. His tags were from Jersey as well. It was cool to relate to strangers in passing so far from home. Things like that happen to me alot as I wear my colors almost daily. Go Bills!

It's total race bait. You were in Pennsylvania, not Paducah, KY.

I've been to Paducah and you sir are no Paducahan.

I drive trucks for a living.

Off topic question for you.

Why to truckers, in general, do everything possible to pull over to the left when another truck is sitting on the shoulder with flashers on, but, y'all don't mind blowing by a soccer mom on the shoulder with a minimum of clearance.