Glad Mike Williams Was Off The Board When We Picked

H2o

Word on the street is that the Bills loved Corey Davis and were high on John Ross. Mike Williams wasn't their guy

In retrospect glad we didn't get any of them in Round 1, as the trade down to acquire KC's 1st pick last year IMHO the best plan of action to take. Not to mention give us the bullets to trade up for Zay.

Edited by The Jokeman

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In retrospect glad we didn't get any of them in Round 1, as the trade down to acquire KC's 1st pick last year IMHO the best plan of action to take. Not to mention give us the bullets to trade up for Zay.

Agreed, the top of this draft was best case scenario from my perspective.

No link, just info that LeRoi provided here and was confirmed elsewhere (from a couple of people). Teams always have plans A through Z. Corey Davis was the guy that they would have picked if available and they stayed at 10. Would they have done that with the trade down on the table? Maybe not, but he was their top target.

Rookie here - who is LeRoi, or these "couple of people" that seem to have concrete info on the draft board?

Naturally suspicious of this type of "confirmed info" that only circulates in the bowels of message boards, but maybe they pony up next to Russ at the Big Tree... :D

Rookie here - who is LeRoi, or these "couple of people" that seem to have concrete info on the draft board?

Naturally suspicious of this type of "confirmed info" that only circulates in the bowels of message boards, but maybe they pony up next to Russ at the Big Tree... :D

All good info, there are about a dozen people (or so) here that have solid info from time to time. Leroy has provided a bunch of things. He gave their top 5 in order like a week or 2 before the draft. A couple people that I know verified it. Solomon Thomas was actually on top but they didn't think that there was a chance that he'd be there.

Just wait until Deshaun Watson faces an NFL defense. Maybe teams will finally learn to stay away from Clemson offensive players.

Watson is gonna be this year's Dak. :thumbsup:

I might need to extract this thread from the freezing cold takes file at some point, kind of like with the Joey Bosa thread from last year.

I came out of the Bosa thread smelling of genius roses so I'll risk losing some credibility.

Clemson WR's being overated talk dies down with Sammy, Nuk & Martavis all topping 1,000 yards. Also, Deshaun Watson beats out the fake Nicolas Cage in preseason and starts 16 games. He's alright doing so.

Edited by Blokestradamus

.....for some reason, the name "Mike Williams" and the "Buffalo Bills" has always been the "union of hell".....go figure......

As silly and irrational as it is, that was the reason I didn't want the Bills to draft him.

Haha I couldn't have a more opposite opinion! But we will see.

Just curious why you think that. Watson was a better college player than Dak and is going to a team with a great defense and good WRs.

I wanted Watson or Mahomes so if he develops into a good qb, it would suck big time.

This pick was similar to the Shaq Lawson pick from last year. They knew he hurt his back at the combine, and there was a chance he might need surgery. But they didn't know for sure if he would, or when it would be needed if he did. They don't "need" him this year - he's their future. When Inman leaves in FA and if KA ultimately can't stay healthy enough to be the long-term #1. If he ends up needing the surgery now it sucks if course , but not going to change anything for the team this year and he will be ready next to go healthy next year.

Draft picks are just as much about their 4-5 year projection as they are immediate contribution. 1st rounders are typically expected to contribute right away when it's a "need" pick, not as critical if it's a BPA pick.

Btw Deshaun Watson is my OROY pick. That Houston D is going to dominant and he's going to end up winning a lot of games.

Edited by YoloinOhio

NFL.com: Mike Williams denies reports on season-ending back surgery

Los Angeles Chargers first-round pick Mike Williams is denying reports that he might need season-ending back surgery.

The rookie wideout addressed the rumors during Alshon Jeffery's camp on Saturday.

"I'm good. Everything good. The back situation. That was some false information being released," he said. "I don't know who released it but everything is good."

Just wait until Deshaun Watson faces an NFL defense. Maybe teams will finally learn to stay away from Clemson offensive players.

Deandre Hopkins went to Clemson and he is a stud. He hasn't had a legitamite Qb and is still a top Wr in the NFL.

• 3 weeks later...