Is it wrong to hate your ex-wife?

It's not wrong, EXCEPT in front of the kids. But, is that who you are, a hateful person? Do you feel good about letting her continue to control who you are? At some point it's emotional poison.

Best point post-divorce was fully knowing I was far better off without her and letting all that stuff go. I take full accounting for my mistakes and stopped obsessing about hers. I do retain a healthy disrespect/despisal for her in certain things but get along very well with her.

I keep trying to move on. I honestly do. But she finds new and creative ways to continue conflict. Scheduling things on my rare weekends with the kid. Dragging me back into support court for more money. It's gotten to the point where I'm ready to give up any custody and just disappear.

I just want to be left alone. She took everything, and can't seem to stop wanting to try and squeeze more blood from the stone.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could take her deer hunting this fall.

What made you fall in love with her in the first place and her in love with you?

What made you fall out of love?

Just wondering what make people fall in love and then out?

Is it just the sex?

Is it the commitment?

Is she or he just nothing but a B word?

Seems like a lot of people get pissed and next thing they are getting divorced.

This.

I'm not here to say it's right or wrong but it sure seems weird to say you hate someone you at one point loved enough to marry.

This too.

I mean viscerally despise her? Just curious about the divorced dudes' feelings on this topic.

Hate? Probably a bit strong, I disliked my ex wife for a good solid amount of time because she left me for another guy and broke up a family doing it.

But then I decided what's the point? She shouldn't be determining my happiness. And I'm sure she wasn't sitting there thinking about how I effect her life, so I got over it. We are actually able to have conversations now, weirdly.

my ex and i have been friends even while going through our divorce, we simply grew apart and realized our kids and the 2 of us would be much happier apart. There was never any reason to have ill will towards each other. It's worked out well for everyone, especially our 'kids'

hate means you care enough to still invest feelings in a person. indifference or apathy towards someone is way worse than hate in my humble opinion

I'm not here to say it's right or wrong but it sure seems weird to say you hate someone you at one point loved enough to marry.

I keep trying to move on. I honestly do. But she finds new and creative ways to continue conflict. Scheduling things on my rare weekends with the kid. Dragging me back into support court for more money. It's gotten to the point where I'm ready to give up any custody and just disappear.

I just want to be left alone. She took everything, and can't seem to stop wanting to try and squeeze more blood from the stone.

Man, what the hell did you DO to her?

my ex and i have been friends even while going through our divorce, we simply grew apart and realized our kids and the 2 of us would be much happier apart. There was never any reason to have ill will towards each other. It's worked out well for everyone, especially our 'kids'

hate means you care enough to still invest feelings in a person. indifference or apathy towards someone is way worse than hate in my humble opinion

Why do you have kids in quotes - what are they really?

Well said. :thumbsup:

talking to me? No chance, never was a chance or a desire. She is since remarried and I am "enjoying" my single life a bit too much.

To John from Hemet, you couldn't be more spot on...tough times absolutely go away, eventually. One day you will look back and be amazed that you were able to come through the other side. For the time being, be mad, be sad, be reflective. Use the time to get your life/**** in order. Learn to live single, don't go running into a new relationship too soon.

So you drifted apart? Now no going back?