NBA 2017-18

• 2 weeks later...

King James roared last night and took it to the Raptors, even with 5 rotation Cavs sitting out.

Sitting here in Toronto waiting for the ax to fall in the second round, enjoy the dancing and swag for the regular season gentlemen....

During the broadcast the Toronto TV colour announcer suggested Cleveland could tank a few games to finish 4th and play the Raptors second round, the play by play quickly changed the topic.

On 3/26/2018 at 10:30 PM, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Anyone see how Fultz played? I am still confused by the whole thing.

He started off very rusty, but wound up finding his stride.  If he gets his court legs, this team will make some noise in the playoffs. This is a fun team to watch

On 3/26/2018 at 10:30 PM, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Anyone see how Fultz played? I am still confused by the whole thing.

For his 5th game, very well. He immediately made the bench unit better by creating shots for others. 8 assists off the bench in limited minutes, with a lot of them being generated by his driving ability.

He is going to be just fine. Still waiting for him to attempt a 3-pt shot to assess how that is coming along.

Edited by Fetou

11 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m convinced that Brad Stevens could win 40 games rounding up the best 5 at the local Y... 

they are mouthing off huge in Toronto while barely ahead of a Celtics who don't have a player who could start for the Raptors at the moment....

1 hour ago, The Poojer said:

Embid out with an orbital fracture.  Depending on how surgery goes, he could be back in 2-4 weeks

All process all the time. 

Dario will carry us through and shall not falter.

Edited by Fetou
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Buftex said:

Welp!  The dream was nice while it lasted... Kyrie Irving out for the playoffs...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/celtics-kyrie-irving-needs-knee-surgery-out-for-playoffs/ar-AAvvYzo?ocid=ientp

You could tell something was up with the way this injury had been dealt with. It made today a bit easier to swallow. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Commonsense said:

You could tell something was up with the way this injury had been dealt with. It made today a bit easier to swallow. 

Yeah, I know...was still holding out hope that he might be ready by the second round of the playoffs.  I really have enjoyed watching them so much this year...just such a gut punch.  I really thought they were a shoe-in for the ECF, at minimum...now, anything past the first round will be a real achievment.  Sucks that the two guys who were supposed to be the cornerstones of this new era of Celtic basketball (Gordon and Irving) go down. Oh well, that is sports...no guarantees.  I suppose I should take solace in the fact that Stevens has been able to develope a hell of a bench.  

18 hours ago, Buftex said:

Yeah, I know...was still holding out hope that he might be ready by the second round of the playoffs.  I really have enjoyed watching them so much this year...just such a gut punch.  I really thought they were a shoe-in for the ECF, at minimum...now, anything past the first round will be a real achievment.  Sucks that the two guys who were supposed to be the cornerstones of this new era of Celtic basketball (Gordon and Irving) go down. Oh well, that is sports...no guarantees.  I suppose I should take solace in the fact that Stevens has been able to develope a hell of a bench.  

It sucks because now I’m not even excited for the playoffs. But from a long view, I don’t think they were beating the Cavs in a 7 game series anyway. The young guys are getting a ton of experience with Kyrie and Hayward out, and if both are healthy next year watch out. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/6/2018 at 1:38 AM, Buftex said:

It will be fun to watch Rozier and Morris try and lead the rookies past a few teams. Hopefully Kyrie and Hayward are a full go next fall.

On 4/6/2018 at 8:15 PM, YoloinOhio said:

It sucks because now I’m not even excited for the playoffs. But from a long view, I don’t think they were beating the Cavs in a 7 game series anyway. The young guys are getting a ton of experience with Kyrie and Hayward out, and if both are healthy next year watch out. 

With Hayward and Kyrie? I think the C's would have been favored but I could see Lebron winning it. I'm not excited either but I will still watch. The kids play hard.

On 4/6/2018 at 7:15 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Yeah...I feel your pain.  I was fully expecting a long playoff run for the Celtics...now I will watch, just happy if they can pull out a series.  They may be able to beat Milwaukee...maybe.  Just such an abrupt end to what had been such a fun season.  If it comes down to it, I can root for LeBron...but it doesn't excite near as much as a Celtics run might have.

The East is a matter of who is able or willing to bother showing up for the playoffs.  Anything could happen this year. 

Most expected scenario is LeBron basically get to the Finals with a big effort on his own.