Cool little Tyrod story

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyrod may have his limitations as a QB, but I've never heard a bad word about his character or work ethic. He appears to have earned great respect from his teammates in Buffalo and Baltimore. And he's a phenomenal athlete. This team could do much worse...

Tyrod may have his limitations as a QB, but I've never heard a bad word about his character or work ethic. He appears to have earned great respect from his teammates in Buffalo and Baltimore. And he's a phenomenal athlete. This team could do much worse...

Imagine the last two seasons without him, going with what they had.

Great story thanks for sharing. TT seems like a really good dude.

....don't think the man, his character or work ethic have been or should be questioned.......I would also say the same for EJ......but those fine traits do not necessarily lead to success at the NFL level....

But what about his 4th qtr comebacks?

Wow, that adds so much to a great story. Really?

Kelly the Dog, great story. Thanks for being a big brother to someone who needed one. Look at that ripple effect! Your touching the life of one little black kid and now because of that you are impacting the lives of those on his team. You my friend are the people that make me proud!!

So about twenty years ago I was a Big Brother in the Boys and Girls program in Phx for this little black kid, Demetrius, who was six at the time. I did it for six years, took him everywhere. He was awesome. I got him into Little League football and all kinds of other stuff.

Then when he was 12 I moved to LA and he moved with his mom back to Virginia and we lost touch for awhile, even though we both looked for each other, but several years because of Facebook, we reunited and we talk all the time. He became quite a good high school football player, and made all league as a senior.

So a few days ago he texts me to say hi, and that he is coaching little kids football this summer, and thought of me, which was cool. Then he said "And I know you love the Bills and Tyrod Taylor is helping me out sometimes." And I was like no way!

So he sends me...

That's excellent. Good work, KTD.

Well neither me, nor Demetrius, are Mother Teresa, but he really turned his life around, especially recently. And I always thought it was definitely as good for me as it was for him. He was a great little kid.

I am a university student advisor and have seen a lot of different scenarios

I am always especially proud when I see the kids (I mean students) that come through with one issue or another and I still get to hug them at commencement.......

Sometimes when I look at the turmoil of my own life what actually gets me throught the day is knowing I make a difference to them. I am truly blessed to do what I do.

Well neither me, nor Demetrius, are Mother Teresa, but he really turned his life around, especially recently. And I always thought it was definitely as good for me as it was for him. He was a great little kid.

You can tell he's a good kid because he didn't send you pictures of his football camp with EJ.