Give me the 3 B's please

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boldin - chasing a ring.... won't come here.

Barnidge - chasing the big pay day. He'll take the top dollar he can get guaranteed, or he goes somewhere where he can maximize his numbers and try again for the big pay day.

Byrd - was cleared by team doctors, but refused to play in his last year here. Also a pretty lousy tackler in a defense that requires you to tackle well.

I think we're going to carry the cap space over. Maybe make a move or two in the beginning stages of free agency instead of waiting for scraps.

We could also use the space if we're forced to franchise watkins. 2017 was like 15 million. Carrying over an extra 10 (i assume 2+ gets taken up with roster moves) will help us field a roster when we have to tag someone.

Edited by dneveu

we would have to be drafting top 5 for a first round QB.... I don't think any of us want to endure a season that gets us to that

Not necessarily. We have two first to use in a trade up. Bears are an example of a team that could be picking top five and looking for a trade down at the right price.

I will never understand why people think that Anquan Boldin would even think about signing here. You could offer him a trillion dollars over 2 years and he'd still say "no, I'd rather sign with a contender, because I really want a ring."

On the other hand, he could take his trillion dollars, buy an NFL franchise, and then own a championship-winning team.

He made a business decision. If you worked at Burger King and Wendys was offering you more money plus it was in a better location...you would do it too.

And he played well last year.

Yeah because the world famous New Orleans school districts are top notch and it's so safe down there.

I'm not saying it was the wrong call financially ($28M guaranteed baby!), but don't say it's a better location to move your family than Orchard Park because it's not even close. My friend lives in a very nice neighborhood and they have armed security patrols from private companies that cruise their community.

He may have played OK last year (2 picks, 80 tackles) but he's considered to be on of the worst free agent signings they've ever had. Still hitting them with $8M in dead money. Ouch

Byrd is the word!

Byrd is the word that rhymes with turd, Not want Byrd unless his contract can be cancelled for Planters Faketis, something the NFLPA will never agree on. In order to be signed by team the Bills should say he was to pay back the money he scammed them on.

I wouldn't want Byrd back if it was for free.. guy has no heart after getting paid. I'll take Graham back on his last legs any day of the week over Byrd. At least you know grahams a good dude who plays with heart

Isn't that the truth, I take Graham in a heartbeat over spending $0.07 on byrd....

as it's a certain OBD picks the right QB, or if that QB witll be the franchise one. 8 wins can turn into 10 wins and a WC with some luck.

A lucky .500ish team or two make the playoffs every season, but they don't have any chance to win it all. I want a chance at a championship. I'll certainly take an abysmal season if it gets us that. Sneaking into the playoffs and getting blown out in the first round doesn't excite me.

Barnidge would benefit us the most. :thumbsup:

I'd think so. I wonder why the lack of interest in him though? Is there something really wrong there?

• 3 weeks later...

Wanted to revisit this 3 weeks later as all 3 guys are still available. Baldinger on the NFL network said Buffalo would be a great place for Boldin and I agree. Hopefully we give him an offer and he takes a objective view of the situation in Buffalo.A lot of people are down on Byrd because of the past. I understand but think he could help. This defense fits his skill set if he's 💯 % healthy. Cory Graham would be fine too. I think Barnidge is the long shot. I know he visited so there must be some interest. I have a feeling Dimarco is going to be a much bigger piece than Felton was the last couple of years. Dimarco may take the place of a second TE in Dennison's system. And that may help to solidify Tolberts spot as Dimarco's backup and solid ST contributer.

We have the money to bring in Byrd Barnidge and Boldin before camp starts. If OBD is serious about winning this year these three guys will be in Rochester on July 27th....

...Byrd is a wounded duck who burned too many bridges on his way out of town......Barnridge is laying in wait per his "no hurry" proclamation for the money HE wants......Boldin went public saying he wants to play in Florida.....so your plan may not come together.....