Mayweather against McGregor

CommonCents

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do agree with this too Gug. I've always been a big Pacquiao fan and I vowed to quit boxing after the Bradley decision. The Horn decision was equally ridiculous despite Pac-Man being a shell of himself. I've completely lost trust in the sport.

With that being said I don't consider this a fight. It's a promotional tour and a money grab. Mayweather cares too much about boxing to let McGregor compete. If this guy could walk in and compete with one of the best boxers ever it will be the final nail in boxing's coffin. This fight ends whenever Mayweather decides. He may drag him a couple of rounds or he might just TKO him about 30 seconds in. If I had to guess he will dance around for a few rounds before landing about a 30 punch combo before the ref steps in. Floyd knocking him out in 30 seconds isn't great for boxing either. There will be a lot of people that say "I spent $100 for this?" That's why expectations need to be tempered. McGregor has ZERO chance and anyone expecting differently will be sorely disappointed.

I agree with you 100% in the context of a real fight. If I could convince myself that was a real fight, I'd be right there with you throwing every cent to my name on Mayweather and taking my guaranteed pay out.

I am not at all convinced that this is a real fight. The two camps can't even feign animosity. This side show looks more like performance art. I cannot shake the feeling that the drama is already planned to pave the way for a 3 part cash out.

I agree with you 100% in the context of a real fight. If I could convince myself that was a real fight, I'd be right there with you throwing every cent to my name on Mayweather and taking my guaranteed pay out.

I am not at all convinced that this is a real fight. The two camps can't even feign animosity. This side show looks more like performance art. I cannot shake the feeling that the drama is already planned to pave the way for a 3 part cash out.

I can see that based on the last few days but especially after yesterday. If people wouldn't pay to watch Pacquiao - Mayweather 2 I'm not sure how they'll be convinced to buy Mayweather - McGregor 2? Pacquiao had an injury during that fight and was so bad the interest died about halfway through the fight. I'm just not sure that there is any chance that this fight could look "good" regardless of how much of a chance Floyd extends him. This isn't going to look like Gatti - Ward where everyone was clamoring for a rematch. At its best this fight can't look anywhere near as good as PAC - Mayweather and that was a horrendous fight. McGregor just isn't capable of competing enough for that to happen. Edited by Kirby Jackson

This is turning out to be about 1/2 step above a WWE PPV event.

It could end up a step below, when it's all said and done.

I do agree with this too Gug. I've always been a big Pacquiao fan and I vowed to quit boxing after the Bradley decision. The Horn decision was equally ridiculous despite Pac-Man being a shell of himself. I've completely lost trust in the sport.

With that being said I don't consider this a fight. It's a promotional tour and a money grab. Mayweather cares too much about boxing to let McGregor compete. If this guy could walk in and compete with one of the best boxers ever it will be the final nail in boxing's coffin. This fight ends whenever Mayweather decides. He may drag him a couple of rounds or he might just TKO him about 30 seconds in. If I had to guess he will dance around for a few rounds before landing about a 30 punch combo before the ref steps in. Floyd knocking him out in 30 seconds isn't great for boxing either. There will be a lot of people that say "I spent $100 for this?" That's why expectations need to be tempered. McGregor has ZERO chance and anyone expecting differently will be sorely disappointed.

I agree with most of this, but, there is no way mayweather would ever TKO McGregor in 30 seconds. Mcgregor has no chance in a boxing match there is no argument here, but, he does compete in a combat sport it's not like he's going from baseball to boxing. He's never been knocked out just like Floyd. Plus when is the last time Floyd has knocked someone out? Believe it's been almost 10 years if not more.

I don't think mcgregor will get knocked out. I expect it to go to decision and mayweather to win it convincingly.

REAL fight fans aren't distracted by this nonsense... Golovkin-Alvarez IS the next great fight.. Broner-Garcia is even more appetizing than MacMayweather.

The problem is, there aren't many "REAL fight fans" anymore. That's why they've resorted to this nonsense. Nonsense I admit I'd be curious to see, but very unlikely to pay for. It's only interesting to me if McGregor can use all the tools in his box, and that ain't happening.

Mayweather vs McGregor is the most lopsided boxing match since Tyson vs McNeely.

Could be worse...

REAL fight fans aren't distracted by this nonsense... Golovkin-Alvarez IS the next great fight.. Broner-Garcia is even more appetizing than MacMayweather.

Agree and I'm going GGG and Garcia

McGregor will not be anywhere close to a split decision.

He's going to be dominated....either knocked out or lopsided unanimous decision.

Of course he would be if this was a real fight and not A WWE type of entertainment event....i have to say the "F#&k You" pinstripe suit is pretty hot. Edited by RaoulDuke79

Agree and I'm going GGG and Garcia

I'm taking Garcia and Alvarez.

When Broner comes with his counter-punch Garcia won't be there...

Alvarez is the best fighter Golovkin has faced, hands down... Golovkin is NOT the best fighter Alvarez has faced... It could be a very rude awakening for Gennady.

I'm taking Garcia and Alvarez.

When Broner comes with his counter-punch Garcia won't be there...

Alvarez is the best fighter Golovkin has faced, hands down... Golovkin is NOT the best fighter Alvarez has faced... It could be a very rude awakening for Gennady.

I think that's fair and I give Canelo a lot of credit. He hasn't ducked anybody. That's the thing for me with GGG, guys have ducked him for years (talking to you Floyd). It should be a great fight with 2 of the best fighters in the world.

Broner to me isn't the same fighter that he was. My pound for pound rankings look something like this:

- Floyd (if he still counts)

- Ward

- GGG

- Canelo

- Thurman

- Crawford