Mayweather against McGregor

CommonCents

What will generate interest for a rematch next year?

Mayweather knocking out McGregor early certainly won't. So that won't happen.

A McGregor knockout - regardless of round - would practically necessitate a rematch.

A late-round Mayweather knockout COULD generate interest (hey, McGregor hung in there for a while ...)

A fight going the distance would obviously do it, but it would be way too obvious that it's fixed.

I think Mayweather knocks McGregor out sometime after Round 8. But earlier in the fight, McGregor has Mayweather "in trouble."

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that's fair and I give Canelo a lot of credit. He hasn't ducked anybody. That's the thing for me with GGG, guys have ducked him for years (talking to you Floyd). It should be a great fight with 2 of the best fighters in the world.

Broner to me isn't the same fighter that he was. My pound for pound rankings look something like this:

- Floyd (if he still counts)

- Ward

- GGG

- Canelo

- Thurman

- Crawford

Yah, Broner's turned into a bit of a clown... After taking the Macgregor fight, Floyd counts about as much as Pacquiao, -Who's career is just about over.

Pound for pound, I go as follows:

-Alvarez

-Golovkin

-Ward

-Crawford

- Thurman

-Chocolatito Gozalez

-Amir Kahn

-Sergei Kovalev

I won't go above light-heavyweight... I could add more guys, but I'd like to see the outcome of Broner-Garcia first...

Yah, Broner's turned into a bit of a clown... After taking the Macgregor fight, Floyd counts about as much as Pacquiao, -Who's career is just about over.

Pound for pound, I go as follows:

-Alvarez

-Golovkin

-Ward

-Crawford

- Thurman

-Chocolatito Gozalez

-Amir Kahn

-Sergei Kovalev

I won't go above light-heavyweight... I could add more guys, but I'd like to see the outcome of Broner-Garcia first...

You don't have Errol Spence in your top 10?

Not sure is this has been posted in here, but when when your sparring partner is giving you fits...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2722043-jessie-vargas-says-conor-mcgregor-was-kod-during-sparring-for-floyd-mayweather

Not sure why link isn't working, but copy and paste it into your browser if you want to see some horrific sparring video.

Edited by Joe Miner

Not sure is this has been posted in here, but when when your sparring partner is giving you fits...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2722043-jessie-vargas-says-conor-mcgregor-was-kod-during-sparring-for-floyd-mayweather

Not sure why link isn't working, but copy and paste it into your browser if you want to see some horrific sparring video.

Can't post bleacher report but I read it. This fight will be ugly.

Connor just putting out disinformation :)

(Besides Floyd can't hit anyway)

Floyd hits as hard as Diaz who knocked Connor into next week. It's going to be really ugly. It's like John Ross racing Usain Bolt in the 100. Ross is fast for football, Bolt is the fastest ever. If this thing lasts until the 4th round it's fixed.

Floyd hits as hard as Diaz who knocked Connor into next week. It's going to be really ugly. It's like John Ross racing Usain Bolt in the 100. Ross is fast for football, Bolt is the fastest ever. If this thing lasts until the 4th round it's fixed.

This post made me laugh. So true, and your John Ross/Bolt analogy was freaking hilarious. This fight is absurd.

Not if Connor knocks him out.

Not if Connor knocks him out.

Bolt wouldn't win if Ross beat him either. We are literally talking about one of the greatest boxers of all-time boxing a guy that isn't a boxer!! It's just not going to happen and I can't even wrap my head around how anyone can't see that? Floyd is an idiot but that doesn't take away from his greatness.

The reports out of McGregor's training camp are downright scary. Even if the reports were "this guys is WAY ahead of where we thought he'd be" he would have had zero chance. Instead, he looks slower than a heavyweight and knocked out cold by a decent fighter (who has been retired for 2 years) in Brandon Rios. Brandon Rios was utterly dominated by Timothy Bradley and Manny Pacquiao when he was in his prime.

I guess that I just can't believe that this hype tour has convinced people that McGergor has a chance. He has less of a chance than anyone that Floyd has ever fought. Floyd is 49-0. It's impressive that they will be able to sell this trash.

I understand the people that want Connor to win. I've always found him entertaining and he's great for the UFC. With that being said, we are as likely to see Bigfoot chase a unicorn through the ring as we are to see McGregor win.

I think a good analogy would be a decathlete calling our Usain Bolt for the 100m sprint.

One focuses on one element, the other focuses on several (100m/400m/hurdles/discus throw, pole vault etc...) Both of them sprint in their sport.

The decathlete can beat Bolt in a decathlon but not in sprint because that's what Bolt specializes in.

Mayweather is a boxer who focuses only on boxing. McGregor has to divide his focus on several disciplines (boxing/jiu jitsu/wrestling/clinching/muay thai etc....)

Both of them box in their spot.

McGregor can beat Mayweather in an MMA fight but not in a boxing match because that's what Mayweather specializes in.

Mayweather will lop side McGregor as much as Bolt would lop side the decathlete.

I think a good analogy would be a decathlete calling our Usain Bolt for the 100m sprint.

One focuses on one element, the other focuses on several (100m/400m/hurdles/discus throw, pole vault etc...) Both of them sprint in their sport.

The decathlete can beat Bolt in a decathlon but not in sprint because that's what Bolt specializes in.

Mayweather is a boxer who focuses only on boxing. McGregor has to divide his focus on several disciplines (boxing/jiu jitsu/wrestling/clinching/muay thai etc....)

Both of them box in their spot.

McGregor can beat Mayweather in an MMA fight but not in a boxing match because that's what Mayweather specializes in.

Mayweather will lop side McGregor as much as Bolt would lop side the decathlete.

Perfectly said

The weird thing about this is some people actually believe that he has a chance. There isn't anyone that would give the decathlete a chance in the sprint against Bolt. Mayweather is so unlikable as a person that people have convinced themselves that McGregor has a chance.