Rodak: Mike Tolbert could emerge as #2 RB

Something to add to this conversation

What people are not talking about are two things

Offensive line....this is a VERY good run blocking offensive line across the board.....even Jordan Mills is a decent run blocker and Dawkins has the power to be even better

Instead of going away from the FB they actually doubled down on it with one that might be an even better lead blocker and is more versitile

Style of play.....I feel like Denver's run schemes last year were ideally suited for a one cut runner...that is exactly what Jon Williams is.

Shady fits any offensive scheme....

Right you are..gone are the days of Melvin Fowler, Tuten Reyes, Mike Gandy, and others than make me want to throw up when I think of them forming an offensive line.....How has our record not improved since those days???

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people feel compelled to tell him how bad his takes are. ESPN sees views and comments and gives him a raise.

And its making their product worse and worse. They have 11 channels that i never watch - im switching to fios and i don't have it anymore. Kind of a relief.

Unfortunately my fantasy baseball is through ESPN so i have to go there a few times a day.

Some people feel compelled to tell him how bad his takes are. ESPN sees views and comments and gives him a raise.

Yep. I haven't clicked on one in a year+. Please guys, don't click and comment. Just let him disappear.

And its making their product worse and worse. They have 11 channels that i never watch - im switching to fios and i don't have it anymore. Kind of a relief.

Unfortunately my fantasy baseball is through ESPN so i have to go there a few times a day.

I don't mind their website as a whole, as I can choose what I actually view (and that isn't Rodak). I don't watch any of their stations unless live sports are on them.

You mean besides everyone?

Look, I'm not even one of the guys crying about losing Gillislee, but there's no way in hell I expect Tolbert to be the #2 HB.

I think most pro-MG people were worried that if JW didn't work (coin flip there) suddenly this was the case. If rushing is truly our identity, it's a pretty solid concern if you don't assume the best for JW and count him as just a maybe.

When looking at what makes the engine run for a team, it sure is nice to have some sort of known commodity at backup.

Edited by NoSaint

Here's what I was talking about. Credit Jeff Ratcliffe

C60NHUYWgAED4BL.jpg

Good playcalling? Good scheme? Good blocking? Quick, decisive backs hitting holes pronto?

I think it was more scheme than anything else. And that worries me with a change in scheme this year.

Not sure why having a 'change of pace' back is so important to some fans. You are saying Gillislee ran the same as McCoy, it seemed to work well. If something is working, why should we 'change the pace' - just keep running the ball the way you are.

Of course. But if you can't have a guy like Gillislee, a mediocre runner has an edge if he has a different style, because the defense is set up to stop McCoys style.

And that worries me with a change in scheme this year.

For what it's worth, the Bills ran IZ/OZ on 49% of their designed runs last year. Denver under Rico/Kubiak was at 71.5%. A shift but not a huge one.

https://twitter.com/JeffRatcliffe/status/841624928843661312

Highest % of OZ runs, Denver (where the OC was) and Baltimore (where the OL coach was).

Edited by Blokestradamus

• 1 month later...

Tolbert is ... intimidating. The Toldozer is huge! I like him. First time I got a look at him with Bills watching the game replay right now. Didn't realize how big he is. Can still run too (and the blocking :wub:)

Edited by YoloinOhio

Tolbert is ... intimidating. The Toldozer is huge! I like him. First time I got a look at him with Bills watching the game replay right now. Didn't realize how big he is. Can still run too.

With great feet and quickness as well! Interesting player for sure. Will be a fan favorite.

Tolbert is ... intimidating. The Toldozer is huge! I like him. First time I got a look at him with Bills watching the game replay right now. Didn't realize how big he is. Can still run too (and the blocking :wub:)

He needed to pickup that third and one. That's what he is here to do.