Pro Football Talk: Bills defense not a good fit for Dareus?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The article I believe was sourced from this interview on BB.com..

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Marcell-Dareus-Im-Really-Excited-for-Camp/daafca9d-bf25-4074-8034-a7c86191a041

The system fit was really not the subject. Dareus did say that he won't know for sure about his role until the pads are on at camp. I don't get where PFT thought they had enough to say the system wasn't a fit from what Dareus said??? If you look at the interior DL guys who thrived in this system in Philly and Carolina -- Dareus seems to be a really good fit...quick, nimble, big DL who like to penetrate...

This headline is so misleading too. The quotes are basically Dareus saying, "It's different. They have high expectations." Somehow the writer is ctwisting that into, "can they make this work?"

Yeah. They're taking his statement "it's been challenging" to mean the defense has been difficult, when he was referring to working with Waufle, but in a good way. Idiots.

So he was a monster in Schwartz's defense, a 4-3, but he is a bad fit for the McDermott version of the 4-3? Makes perfect sense. :rolleyes: This system is gonna lead to Dareus' rejuvenation if he keeps in shape and stays healthy. Mr. Big Puff could easily make the Pro Bowl. I think our front 4 will be a team strength this year under proper coaching leading to some really good numbers for thise guys.

So he was a monster in Schwartz's defense, a 4-3, but he is a bad fit for the McDermott version of the 4-3? Makes perfect sense. :rolleyes: This system is gonna lead to Dareus' rejuvenation if he keeps in shape and stays healthy. Mr. Big Puff could easily make the Pro Bowl. I think our front 4 will be a team strength this year under proper coaching leading to some really good numbers for thise guys.

...agree.....I have to believe the Wreck's "OBD Comedy Club" disaster took its toll on all players as far as attitude and level of output.....NFL laughing stock......don't think I'd want to test McD's mettle as far as attitude and level of output......could end up as a Sanitary Engineer..........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

It was a stupid comment. MD's off the field issues are not a good fit...

He smoked weed and drove fast! He is the only person to ever do that!

If Darues is right, he will be an animal in this defense. Kawaan Shorts was a monster in this defense and Darues is the better overall talent.

He smoked weed and drove fast! He is the only person to ever do that!

If Darues is right, he will be an animal in this defense. Kawaan Shorts was a monster in this defense and Darues is the better overall talent.

......of course not...BUT......he has elite membership in a closed fraternity that gets to make ALL of the rules of membership....."membership has its privileges", one of which is absurd money.....your company as well as mine get to set THEIR rules of membership as well, right?.......violate them and we know the ramifications (but dead cap money and Unions do not save OUR butts).............

......of course not...BUT......he has elite membership in a closed fraternity that gets to make ALL of the rules of membership....."membership has its privileges", one of which is absurd money.....your company as well as mine get to set THEIR rules of membership as well, right?.......violate them and we know the ramifications (but dead cap money and Unions do not save OUR butts).............

Overall, it's hard to agree because there are rules and he needs to follow them. But:

1). It's kinda funny that 25 year old football players are held to higher standards than professions like doctors and politicians (no drug testing for those careers!). Why is that?

2). MD has seen more death in his family at the age of 25 than most people see in a life time. If smoking fake weed and driving fast are the worst things he does, I will give him a pass.

Dareus is arguably the most talented member of the Bills. He can dominant games. Given his family history, he gets more of a pass from me than most players. Hopefully, he makes the most of it.

Overall, it's hard to agree because there are rules and he needs to follow them. But:

1). It's kinda funny that 25 year old football players are held to higher standards than professions like doctors and politicians (no drug testing for those careers!). Why is that?

2). MD has seen more death in his family at the age of 25 than most people see in a life time. If smoking fake weed and driving fast are the worst things he does, I will give him a pass.

Dareus is arguably the most talented member of the Bills. He can dominant games. Given his family history, he gets more of a pass from me than most players. Hopefully, he makes the most of it.

...politicians?...standards?......morality?....off the table... :thumbsup: .......doctors are not part of a huge advertising/TV revenues machine that pays them....they're grinders like the rest of us....advertising/TV revenues are subject to backlash from public adversity and those dollars are the NFL's life blood.....ticket sales to us average Joes mean squat......death is a chapter we ALL have to deal with..NOT to derail, but I recently lost my wife, her brother and my mother.....my dad and baby brother are also gone.....should I get a pass?....nope.....I'm loose change in his ashtray and I have to deal with it....no pass for him.....