I'm impressed with the stadium wall!

major

Today when I heard about the passing of Hardy, I immediately came here to read condolences and memories of this man. I've always been impressed how we care for players that have put on our uniform throughout their life. I know we give them a hard time here and there, but I feel we care about what happens to them in life and the majority here wish them the best wherever God takes them. Look at some recent threads: Hardy's passing and JP Losman getting a new job. I'm glad we care- it's something the fans of Buffalo don't get enough credit for. We care for Jim Kelly, one of the all time greats, when he goes through trial after trial, and we celebrate the new job of a player like Losman who never quite lived up to our expectations. I'm proud to be a bills fan and it's an honor to be on the stadium wall with you all. Also, keep caring for each other as we face our own trials in life- like the tread not too long ago where we rallied around a Bills fan that just lost his son. Keep caring Bills nation and Go Bills!

Today when I heard about the passing of Hardy, I immediately came here to read condolences and memories of this man. I've always been impressed how we care for players that have put on our uniform throughout their life. I know we give them a hard time here and there, but I feel we care about what happens to them in life and the majority here wish them the best wherever God takes them. Look at some recent threads: Hardy's passing and JP Losman getting a new job. I'm glad we care- it's something the fans of Buffalo don't get enough credit for. We care for Jim Kelly, one of the all time greats, when he goes through trial after trial, and we celebrate the new job of a player like Losman who never quite lived up to our expectations. I'm proud to be a bills fan and it's an honor to be on the stadium wall with you all. Also, keep caring for each other as we face our own trials in life- like the tread not too long ago where we rallied around a Bills fan that just lost his son. Keep caring Bills nation and Go Bills!

Indeed....the responses of people here who have never met Hardy, Losman, Kelly or my son show the caliber of people who populate this board. My family and I were humbled and uplifted by the thoughts and prayers. Thank you all again.

It does reinforce my belief that people are typically fundamentally good. We may disagree on football but that's just a game. Views differ wildly because it just doesn't matter. On basic principles of being good people/friends/neighbours, we're probably more alike than we realise.

Even going back to my BBMB days, Bills fans have been a great support network for me when I've struggled with mental health issues. A few years ago, I had a pretty severe breakdown and felt as though I had nowhere else to turn. If it wasn't for the compassion of almost total strangers, I might not even be here.

We're all buttheads in our own right, but we're a compassionate group of buttheads!

Go Bills!

True we all have our moments on here. But even with the hard times we hand others over topics of discussion I have always seen how the people on here rally around not only the players, but one another when the instance calls for it. We're like a big semi-dysfunctional family :thumbsup:

You spelled thread wrong. If you're going to make such a compassionate, well thought out post the least you could do is treat us to an error free reading.

That's complete bullsh!t and you know it Major...

🙃

Excellent post! We are a passionate group of fans that may "agree to disagree" at times, but at the end of the day in these types of situations, you really see the very best in people on this board. Nobody circles the wagons better than this big semi-dysfunctional family!!!!

Great post! Very well thought out. Thanks.

Message boards can be great things for sure. Most everybody here likes to bust on each other, and sometimes a personal feud can hijack an entire thread, but the OP's point is a good one.

Good to see nervous guy chime in too !

In other news, if they found Brian Cox's body in the river back in the 90's, you might have an entirely different view of this board.....

We have many different Religious, Moral, Political and social beliefs. We disagree about WR or QBs or who a better coach is. At the end of the day though we are humans that face our own troubles and trial. Our own struggles in family and loss of loved ones. In the balance of life none of that really matters when another human hurts. That is what makes us family

You spelled thread wrong. If you're going to make such a compassionate, well thought out post the least you could do is treat us to an error free reading.

That's complete bullsh!t and you know it Major...

Oh, Thank God!

This back-patting, harmonious lovefest was getting disturbing.

I can sleep now.

It's like hanging in the garage with a bunch of buds and disagreeing, pushing, burning, smashing and throwing things. A few beers and !@#$ yous later someone leaves in a major huff. Next day, said person asks you to help move some furniture and you're like "sure, what time?"

There's a small group here who like to attack people with differing opinions.

But there's a larger group of passionate, big-hearted Bills fans here. They're the ones who keep me coming back.

We're all buttheads in our own right, but we're a compassionate group of buttheads!

Go Bills!

Amen, brother!

I wonder how much money posters here gave to the Darryl Talley fund? I'll guess it was in the thousands.

Edited by hondo in seattle